Beaconsfield Hotel
US$258
US$191
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewspub with roomsleave the keyfresh milktop floorgreat showertea and coffee
Reviewed 30 June 2012

room was smaller than a prison cell.one box of corn flakes one box of bran flakes,nothing for 3rd morning of stay. bed sheets looked used on arrival had to spend 3 nights getting drunk just to get asleep. no bbc on tv. if your thinking of staying think really hard

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank evandan
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Disgusting. All the communal bathrooms have a vile smell of sewerage. When I complained of this to the landlord I was told that this is a problem with the London sewerage system.
The room was gloomy and mouldy. The noise from the traffic all night was serious. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 20 February 2012

After reading the reviews on various websites we tried to cancel this room but because it was last minute we couldn’t! We arrived by car so had to park in Sainsbury’s across the road which has 2 hour free parking for customers. We entered the pub which was full of people watching the football. The guy behind the bar went to find the manager who then had to go and find the key for our room?

I asked 2 to 3 times about the parking? After a bit of whispering with their backs turned on us the ‘manager’ said just park up the street at the side of the pub?

The room looked recently decorated and new carpet had been put down. The bed – metal creaky metal IKEA type looked new and the bedding was ok. The curtains were so thin the road lights etc shone through all night. There was a sink in the room which had a sign says ‘please do not use’ and we had to share a toilet down the corridor which both were clean and plenty of loo roll, soap etc.

Bathroom? No idea we were up and gone by 6am because of the parking. The pub doesn’t open until 12 noon so you have to leave the key in your room which means you can’t lock it? Not sure how you get on if something goes missing?

There were still areas in the corridor where the ceiling was covered in damp/wet/mould?

Breakfast – In room - 2 small boxes of cornflakes UHT skimmed milk and an orange juice in the fridge. There is a small worktop size fridge in the room with a small TV balanced on it! Didn’t try it to see if it worked though? There was a couple of towels supplied and kettle with tea, coffee and sugar.

When the pub is closed ie before 12 noon and after 11pm you have to enter the hotel via the back up 4 flights of fire exit which in the dark and rain can be a challenge and if you don’t like climbing steps where you can see between them or you don’t like heights this isn’t for you!

If you want to park don’t bother booking this ‘hotel’ If you want a good night’s sleep don’t book this ‘hotel’ If you’re not bothered and its only for a few hours you should survive!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KimQueenofQuo
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Squeaky bed, mould in shower room, breakfast box of cereal in your room with UHT milk & carton of Capri-sun! Not clear where reception is, its the bar in the pub. There is work in progress so it may be improving & the staff were lovely.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank napmum
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I used to live in the UK, but my wife had never been before, so we traveled there to see friends and have her check out the traditional first-time-to-England stuff like Big Ben, etc. I really wanted her to like it so that we could come back again and again, as it's one of my favorite places in the world. We are backpackers, and travel cheaply - we do not have high expectations at all. I have to say that I was appalled at this accomodation. It's possible that our room was unfortunately one of the worst, but the bed squeaked horribly and was very old. It did not help us to feel rested for the long days of walking around the city. The television was ancient, tiny, and non-functional anyway. The carpet was filthy, the in-room sink nasty, and the dishes for tea and cereal were so gross that we didn't feel it would be sanitary to eat from them. So much for saving money each morning on food. The bathroom on our floor does not appear in any pictures anywhere online, which makes me wish I had taken some so I could post them. I have stayed in lots of hostels in lots of countries, and I have to say that was the. Most. Disgusting. Bathroom. Ever. I have had cleaner toilets on the desert road between Alexandria and Cairo. Seriously.

We didn't mind the fire escape entrance or the pub downstairs (we quite liked the pub, actually. Watched a bunch of football and got drunk enough to forget where we'd have to pee and sleep later), and the junction location was okay for us - we enjoyed the walk to the tube each morning, and having the shopping center across the street from the pub was helpful. We like the hostel experience and being outside of the city center, and I can understand the older amenities and mismatched furniture - no problem. But I cannot accept the lack of basic sanitation, the moldy sink, unclean dishes, and a shower that is truly one of the worst travel experiences of my life.

Choose another hostel and keep from getting sick - or just really grossed out.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple