“Excellent value. Good stay”
Review of Beaconsfield Hotel

Beaconsfield Hotel
Ranked #1,002 of 1,068 Hotels in London
em_20017
“Excellent value. Good stay”
Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

After reading reviews we were dreading staying here. We had booked 2 double ensuite rooms.

When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. Considering this is a 2 star accommodation above a pub near central London value for money is excellent and the hotel doesn't promise to be any more than this.

Parking on the street outside hotel is free evenings and weekends and hotel is near manor house tube station which is zone 3 tube.

Rooms are small and basically furnished. Each had a double bed with 1 pillow per person, tv, fridge, kettle, small box of cerea,l a caprisun and long life milk p person. Bathroom squeezed in where possible, v small but don't need bigger. Free wifi is provided to guests included in room rate.

Access to rooms btwn 1am-12pm is thru back entrance of metal staircases outside building.

The only gripe with the hotel was there was a tea bag down the plug hole which stopped the sink draining properly and when the room was cleaned during stay toothbrushes were obviously not moved as they were full of cleaning products. Minor really.

All things considered, for the price paid we would stay here again without doubt.

Please remember when booking this, you are paying next to nothing for accommodation in London and free/cheap parking. You really do get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I booked a room in this hotel for one night- I had a job interview in London and wasn't after anything fancy. When I arrived there, I was told that they double booked me- it was late at this stage and I was on my own unsure what to do. They assured me they would put me up in a sister hotel nearby- they paid for my taxi and said there would be no problems. When I arrived at the "sister hotel" they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I had to fork out another 50 pounds, for a shabby room near Manor house. Don't stay here!

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank aine o

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This was horrendous, when we got there we were given a room with two single beds that were top and tail to each other even though we had paid the extra money for a double room; we were also charged to have a room with its own bathroom otherwise we were to use a communal one, but when we got there every room there had its own bathroom anyway!! when we went to ask the man at the reception about the room (reception was a little sign in the pub next to the cash machine) he just told us basically its tough about the extra money we were charged and if it wasn't for us having the papers from when we first booked we wouldn't have even got the room we paid for either, as he just kept arguing with us and every time I reverted back to the printed booking receipt I had he pretended he didn't understand. after along time of arguing our case he finally give in and let us have a double room we paid for. we were only staying for one night and it said that it included breakfast in the money we paid, as soon as we got in the room we found that breakfast was nothing more than one of those small variety packs of cornflakes that you used to have when you were kids! and you had to buy your own milk for it! in the morning me and my fiancé were rushing to get dressed to leave for 11am (you have to leave down a spiral fire exit as the pub is still closed) we were just about to brush our teeth at 10:45 ready to leave when we found that they had cut the water off!! good job we had bottled water! thank god I wasn't there longer than one night, never again

Room Tip: choose somewhere else if you want to be treated like a normal paying customer
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chelle-Alex
Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

I would return to this hotel if it's my last possible option only. Tiny room, no place to put your stuff, no table, just a tray with a plate, a cup, a kettle and your small breakfast cereal box. To be short, a bad hotel.

1 Thank nt-rus
Kandy, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We arrived in London during Christmas period. The owners were kind and helpful but the quality of the rooms are low (spartan): smelly carpet and dusty, uncomfortable; room is bright and warm, the bathroom normal. The metro is close enough and quickly joins the center. Breakfast is always and only with beans and eggs (no bacon), toast and yogurt.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2012

room was smaller than a prison cell.one box of corn flakes one box of bran flakes,nothing for 3rd morning of stay. bed sheets looked used on arrival had to spend 3 nights getting drunk just to get asleep. no bbc on tv. if your thinking of staying think really hard

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank evandan
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Disgusting. All the communal bathrooms have a vile smell of sewerage. When I complained of this to the landlord I was told that this is a problem with the London sewerage system.
The room was gloomy and mouldy. The noise from the traffic all night was serious. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business