“Okay for a few nights” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #886 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Okay for a few nights”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Recently stayed in this hotel with a couple of friends. The hotel it's self is lovely, and so are the staff, they can't do enough to help you. There are a couple of minor issues e.g. the telly not being fully functional but other than that its great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly waiting to welcoming you back in Euro Hotel Clapham.

Wahiba Belaouane .
Manager of Euro Hotels Clapham .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friend booked this hotel room as a convenient location to start the London to Brighton bike ride on Sunday. I had read the other reviews (after the room was booked), and have to say I wasn't really looking forward to the experience.
We arrived on Saturday afternoon, parked the car on the road outside free of charge, and were quickly booked into our rooms by a very helpful and friendly receptionist. We asked whether we could keep our bikes in our rooms, and were told that would be fine as long as they were clean.
The single room was probably one of the smallest I have ever stayed in, and the shower room was dated and minute; so much so that the wash hand basin was so small in an alcove by the shower, that I couldn't stand over it to clean my teeth - my shoulders woun't fit in the gap - and I'm not a particularly big person! Also there was a constant smell of damp in the shower room.
However, I was only staying one night and the room simply needed to be functional, which it certainly was.
The most important factor which led to me give the hotel a high rating is the the room was absolutely spotless. It had been cleaned perfectly from top to bottom. The shower room may have been dated, however it was similarly perfectly clean - absolutely spotless and competely hygenic.
There were three towels, two small bars of soap and two sachets of shampoo - easily enough to get me through the night.
The bed was about four feet wide - easily large enough for a single, and was clean and comfortable. Unusually in a hotel room I slept absolutely fine.
If I do the bike ride again next year, I will definitely be booking in again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael T
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon or next year .
Wahiba Belaouane.
Corbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was in London for work and decided to stay over rather than chance a long train journey back late in the day, and since I was paying, I wanted somewhere cheap. But not appalling. I got to the hotel about 10:30, and the gentleman on reception was very efficient and friendly. I was in room 731, which was quite spacious and faced the road in front on the second floor. It was a warm evening, but the fan in the room worked fine, so I didn't have to have the window open. The curtains were very dark (important this time of year). Most importantly, though, the room was absolutely spotless. My grandmother would have been proud! I don't think I have ever stayed in a cleaner room, and it was certainly a lot nicer than I had been expecting for £52. The bed was pretty comfortable, and I'm picky about that. It's convenient for the Norther line as well to get in to central London. This will be my default place to stay in London from now on.

Room Tip: The rooms vary in size, but I'm not sure how you would find that out. Room 731 was great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay because really we are all working very hard to make all our guest happy I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. and please contact me on my email wahiba@eurohotelsgroupcouk any time you want to book with us thank you
Wahiba.Belaouane
Manager of Euro Hotels Clapham
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We booked a triple room for my wife, son and I - just one night. I saw the reviews weren't great but hey it was only for one night. They put us in the basement room. As soon as we opened the door the damp smell hit us. There was black mould on the wall and in between the tiles in the bathroom. The bed sheets were actually wet to the touch.

We immediately requested a different room. They put us in a better room on the 2nd floor. It was dry and much better.

My advice is to make sure they don't put you in the basement rooms.
It's ok for one night but I wouldn't stay any longer. The rooms are small and not very clean, but comfy, and the staff were helpful enough. At least there was a kettle and telly.
They charged me £10 to park overnight.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back were quiet. Avoid the basement at all costs.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Manager,

Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Hotel Clapham and thank you for your feed back it is very important to us I do apologies for the the room you had in the baseman I have called damp company to do all our baseman room soon and they will be all with air conditioner sorry again and hope to welcoming soon in Euro Hotel Clapham .

Wahiba Belaouane.
Manager of Euro Hotels Clapham.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Reasonably convenient to the Underground and buses, pubs, shops and restaurants. Just across the road from Clapham Common where you can have a pleasant walk. There is no lift, so the stairs were a challenge with toting suitcases up and down and no help. The room was very cramped with little space to move around in, no storage space for clothes and bags. It was kept clean, the bed made and towels changed daily. The "en-suite" was minute with no room to dry off after a shower. for the price paid, I would not have expected to pay an extra 2GBP per bag to store until we could check in - strictly after 3pm or an extra 10GBP per hour for an early check-in!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and sorry for the inconvenient you had and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Wahiba Belaouane .
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

It was very confusing trying to find the right place that we were booked into because there are about 3 with the same name all along this street. The rooms were tiny but reasonably clean, the stairs were a killer but good training for Europe I guess. Pretty good staff, so for the price, good.

Room Tip: try to get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rodgerskay
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this review, 26 May 2014

Whiba Belaouane.
Dymchurch, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed in a room in this hotel for one night as attending a family party nearby. When i say room what i mean is an airless windowless sweat box with just enough room to swing the proverbial cat round in. A shower that had only one temperature,napalm, no sink plug, a little thing i know but still very useful when your trying to have a wash. It took the security guard with a long piece of wood and much banging of the window to get a roof light open at 11 0' clock at night to let some air in so that we could try to get some sleep. Didn't bother with breakfast and left early the next morning to escape back to the Kent countryside. Wouldn't reccomend a long stay but just about manageable for one night,just!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Pritam K, Manager at Euro Hotel Clapham, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Let me take the opportunity to thank you for choosing Euro Hotel Clapham

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. I do apologies for all the inconvenient and hope to welcoming you back .

Wahiba Belaouane