Hilton London Canary Wharf
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
3,912 results
All reviewsthe executive loungejubilee linesouth quay dlr stationcinnamon restaurantdocklands light railwayjunior suitelondon city airportafternoon teaexcellent stayexcellent hoteleasy accessbusiness triptube stopbars and restaurantsweekend breakbreakfast was excellentmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2011

When I stay at Canary Wharf, I really don't feel like I'm in London. That's a bad thing. But, staying near where I have business meetings beats fighting the crowds on the Jubilee Line each morning. Of the hotels on the Wharf, this Hilton is probably one of the best choices. It is, however, a fairly boring business hotel without much character. But, it's clean; the rooms are good sized; and, for residents, the bar stays open late.

However, the bar would benefit from a new manager. When I was there, they had let all but one draft beer variety run out. I guess changing the keg is too much work. And, while the shelves behind the bar are stocked with spirits, the "bartender" told me she doesn't mix drinks. Well, if you're out of beer and can't mix a drink, a bar's variety soon becomes sadly limited. It wasn't like this a year ago. I suspect someone new is in charge.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Thank you for posting your review the hotel is located in Canary Wharf, London’s newest business district and as such is geared to look after the business traveller and I appreciate your comments in reference to our hotel being one of the best choices in the area. Reference to your point regarding the bar tender your comments have been taken on board and will be shared with the Food & Beverage Manager and his team. We do hope this did not impact on the overall enjoyment of your stay and that we will have the pleasure of you returning to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Could not fault the hotel, Breakfast was as you expect from Hilton..Not really the best view we have ever had from the room but who sits gazing out the window..Local connections to central London day train ticket £6.60 quick and easy.Canary Wharf shopping near by seemed better than main Oxford and Regent Street.Again thankyou Hilton.

Room Tip: As far as we saw all good Some look into courtyard so NO real View.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. With regards to your comment on the view, the hotel is located in a business district area which has undergone a lot of development over the past 5 years and as such the landscape is constantly changing. Should you return to the hotel please request a room with a view and we will endeavour to assist with your request.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Decided to stay here instead of our usual London Hotel, Marriott West India Quay and boy are we glad we did. Arrived early, not really expecting to be allowed to check in. We were greeted by a smiling receptionist who warmly welcomed us to the Hilton Canary Wharf.
(Other hotels please take note. A warm welcome sets the tone for the customers stay.)
Our room on the 7th floor was ready. A lovely comfortable room. Two televisions, huge
comfortable bed and a separate living area.
The area around the hotel is very pleasant. We found the tube at Canary Wharf (Jubilee line) a more convenient way to travel although Canary Wharf DLR is handy too.
Breakfast in the hotel was very good, plenty of choice and never too crowded.
But by far the thing about the Hilton Canary Wharf that impressed us the most was the
staff. From the receptionists at check in and check out,both genuinely friendly and helpful,
offering us hints and tips on travel etc; to the waiting staff in the dining areas. Working with the public myself I know how important it is to go that little bit extra to ensure your customer
is happy. The staff at this hotel surpassed themselves in this regard. In particular the customer relations manager, Maria Lopez, went out of her way to make our stay a memorable one. She is a credit to the Hilton Name.
We are already planning our return trip.

1  Thank trishCork
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Thank you for your kind comments, it was good to read you enjoyed your stay particularly as it was your first time staying at the hotel. I am also glad that you found the breakfast to be good with plenty of choice, the location handy but most of all that you found the staff to be genuine, friendly and helpful especially Maria Lopez who made your stay memorable. I will certainly share your comments with the team.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Have stayed here twice now, both times for quite long periods. The rooms are large by London standards, bathrooms nicely fitted out, aircon is good, bed pretty hard but this seems common in London. The rooms though, are extremely quiet and one rarely hears any noise.

This is a business hotel, with good proximity to the towers of Canary Wharf by way of the pedestrian footbridge over a nearby canal. Executive lounge is large and comfortable. Breakfast is well catered for in the Lounge, with a selection of cold and hot foods. Canapes and a great selection of beverages are served in the Lounge every evening.

Restaurant food is very nice, however the service was poor. On one dinner occasion, there were 4 restaurant staff on (3 men plus one woman), and she literally ran herself ragged looking after ALL of the tables. The three male staff variously stood at the bar and desk chatting for the course of my whole meal. I raised this with the female team member, and she suggested it was always the way. She begged me not to mention it, as was extremely fearful of getting into trouble. Something not quite right with the culture to my mind...

Check in was ok, however the concierge and bell boy studiously ignore arriving guests - I have arrived many times by taxi and never once helped with bags.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for the very comfortable rooms and good Executive lounge.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

I am delighted to read that you found the location of the hotel very accessible to Canary Wharf and that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel including your room and breakfast in the Executive Lounge. However, I was very surprised to read your comments on Restaurant and Concierge as the majority of feedback that we receive for these departments are extremely positive. I will certainly share your comments with both the Food & Beverage Manager and the Front of House Manager.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We booked this hotel using tesco club card rewards which meant two nights stay,we arrived on friday 21st of oct and checked out on sun 23rd.We found the hotel faultless and the location is great.we used the underground which is on the doorstep and we used the thames river taxi which is a ten minute walk to north quay.breakfast was all you could ever want it to be and the staff are very good in all areas of the hotel.The only negative and this is a warning to anyone using tesco vouchers is that on arrival we handed in our voucher that covered our stay but they asked for a swipe of a debit card which we allowed,the day after checkout(today monday 24th)we checked our bank account and the hotel had taken out the full amount for our stay £621 so they got paid twice,they agreed it was there mistake and sent the money back to visa but it still remains unavailable in our bank untill tomorrow.very naughty,be aware.

Room Tip: we had a queen deluxe.nice room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review, I am glad that in general you could not find fault with your stay, with the exception of the unintentional overcharge to your credit card which I apologise for.
Please note that the hotel refunds are done immediately however it takes up to 5 working days on UK accounts for the bank to put the funds back into an account and up to 11 days for international bank accounts. I have certainly shared your comments with the Front of House Manager, we can appreciate your frustration and are genuinely sorry for the inconvenience and regret that other than processing the refund at the time there is very little we can do to speed up the process of the correction showing in either a bank or credit card account