“Nicely done and plenty of hospitality”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #76 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Miami, Florida
“Nicely done and plenty of hospitality”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Everything the other reviews say is true. Stayed for a business trip. Great everything. Breakfast service was wonderful and friendly every time. hope to be back in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Thank you for your comments I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My wife and I recently treated ourselves and upgraded our two night stay to include the executive lounge. The hotel was clean, the location suited our purposes and the staff were both friendly and helpful. The use of the executive lounge was extra, but worth that additional cost, a quite comfortable area with available beverages, afternoon high tea and hot snacks served with the evening alcoholic liquid refreshments. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
I am pleased to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay especially the location of the hotel and the executive lounge.
UK
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Stayed here for 1 night in Dec 2010. The room was very big, clean and nice.

The room service was a bit pricey and the food wasn't exactly great, on top of that I think they charged me 20% service charge for it, so if you are going to order room service don't have too much expectation on value for money.
Also the phone signal strength is quite poor in the room, you'd only get some poor reception right next to the window.

Other than the room service and mobile phone signal, I do think it is a very nice property, but probably isn't worth anywhere near £200 a night

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Thank you for your feedback, I was disappointed to read your comments in relation to room service as in general, the feedback we receive for this department is positive. It is difficult to go back and investigate the issues as it is nearly a year since you last stayed at the hotel. However your comments have been taken on board and shared with the Food & Beverage Manager. With regards to the mobile phone signal, due to the area around Canary Wharf continuingly being developed many of the high rise buildings have been intermittingly affecting the signal in some areas of the hotel. We are currently in discussions with the mobile phone providers and are looking at ways in which we can increase the signal strength.
Nottingham
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Hilton Canary Wharf - and the hotel is exactly what you would expect from this chain. It was clean, well decorated, comfortable and the staff were pleasant and helpful.

I arrived early and the front desk were helpful and allowed me to check in early as I had a meeting in the city in the early afternoon.

Only down side was seeing Gordon Brown in the lobby after breakfast - not a good start to my day, but not the hotels fault.:-)

Would definatley recommend this hotel - and will staying again when in Canary Wharf on business.

Room Tip: The rooms did not have a great - but with the accommodating staff I am sure they would of moved me i...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful, I will certainly share your comments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

After seeing the program on TV last week 'Attack of the Trip Advisors', I thought it was about time I made the effort to start writing HONEST reviews about where I stay (the good and the bad), so here it goes!!!

We had booked a basic double room through my concessions team at work for 2 nights, as we were going to see Alan Carr at the O2.

- Check In
Check in was very smooth. All of the staff were very friendly. They wished me a Happy Birthday, as my fiancée had been in touch and booked the birthday deluxe package which included: Balloons, Cake, Card, 2 free glasses of champagne or 2 free cocktails from the restaurant menu, late check out at 3pm and access to the Executive Lounge. It was SUPER value for money!
We also got told at reception that we had been given a complimentary room upgrade from our basic room to an Executive room on the 12th floor.

- Our room
Upon arrival to our room, we walked in and the first thing we saw was the arrangement of balloons, my cake and my card, this was lovely and inside the card was my voucher for 2 free drinks.
Our room was much bigger than expected, very large bed, nice bathroom, with shower and bath separate! Nice window view over the river.

- Executive Lounge
This was GREAT value for money, well worth it!
This included:
All Day Refreshments - Schweppes Lemonade, Tonic Water, Sprite, Coca Cola, Diet Coca Cola, Red Bull, Sugar Free Red Bull, Milk, Cream, Water, Sparkling Water and a selection of fruit juices. Tea, Coffee and a coffee machine that does cappuccino etc. There were also a selection of nuts etc out all day, there were little bowls so you could dish these up yourself and have little nibbles on your table.

Breakfast - Croissants, Pastries, Toast, all spreads for toast, different breads, cereals, meats and cheeses, yoghurts, bacon, sausage, egg, tomatoes, hash browns! Great breakfast, was very impressed with this. Along with this you get all of the refreshments above plus Orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice and tomato juice.

Lunch - This was a selection of wraps and small baguettes, cheeses, breads, ham etc. Lots of cakes and biscuits, fruit. If I really had to pick 1 negative about our whole stay, it was that there were a few too many cakes!!! Normally, this would not be a problem, but I am on a diet and at lunch it was hard to find something (other than cakes!) that I liked as I'm quite fussy, so I found myself having a banana for lunch. But to be honest this did not matter one little bit, as this lounge is only for 'light refreshments'.

Dinner - This was a selection of canapés, our first night, we had sushi and other canapés and then there were also some cocktail sausages and onion rings, the second night not sure too much on what we had as we didn't really look at the food on the second night as we were going out, but I think it was canapés and a selection of chicken wings and spring roll type things. Then for a few hours in the evening alcohol was included. This was fab, as it was help yourself, just like you would at home!

I don't really have much else to say about the hotel, other than I was so impressed and pleased with this and have already recommended it to family and friends who will be booking. We have a couple of weekends booked in London over the coming months and I am gutted that I have already booked the hotels (non refundable) as I would love to have stayed here!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rebecca87max
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Thank you for your kind comments, it was pleasure to read that you were very impressed with the hotel especially with your room, the Executive Lounge and the service you received, I will certainly share your comments with the team.
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have stayed at many Hilton's throughout the world and several in London. This is a really good one!

The hotel is very modern, clean and spacious. Many London hotels are cramped, dirty and overpriced, this Hilton is the exact opposite.

We stayed in a junior suite and it was a lovely large room with a super kingsize bed and separated lounge area.

Only one minor gripe. The kettle had to be put onto the floor as the lead would not reach the power socket. I don't know how safe this is???

The bathroom consisted of a separate shower and bath and plenty of bath products and towels for several days.

The reception staff were very fast and courteous as were the bar and breakfast staff.
They had obviously had a good trainer as all were very competant in their roles.

The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the tube station but its not a boring one as you have to walk through a small shopping mall to get to it and then over a nice bridge.

I would definately stay at this Hilton again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
I’m really pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel especially the room and you found the staff to be courteous. With regards to your point on the kettle, there are plug points are situated on top of the unit in which the kettle is house. Should you visit the hotel again please do not hesitate to contact our Guest Services Manager who will be more than happy to help you with any assistance you may require.
London
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The room was huge as was the bathroom. Stylish and comfortable. Friendly reception staff. £160 for a double room on a Friday night, not bad, I will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Thank you for your feedback, it was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.