“Good weekend value”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #76 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Good weekend value”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is a typical good business hotel which is terrific value at weekends. The only drawback is half an hour on the Jubilee Line, however there is a good selection of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks for taking the time to leave your review

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

As HH Gold; just dropped from diamond we had a really greatv stay in this hotel. We stay alot in London but have never stayed here before. our room was not ready but they rang us on our mobile when it was. Check in staff were lovely and the guest relations managed and exceutive lounge team were A!. The staff really make this hotel; lots of little touches from rose petals on the bed to help with luggage. The greatest thing was they really cared. A lot of noise frompeople above us in the night; not the hotels fault. A great room and lovely exceutive lounge with decent hours.

many thanks to all.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and for sharing your great experience. I will certainly share your comments with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Second trip to the Hilton at Canary Wharf this time we went plush and had a junior suite. The room was massive and quite swanky. Best thing though is the access to the Executive Suite. I loved the view down the Thames with the Shard and London Eye very prominent. The service in the lounge was also excellent and made the stay even more fun.
Only drawback was the DLR outside the window.

Room Tip: Ask not to be by the DLR on floor 2
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
We are delighted that you enjoy your time with us at the hotel and it is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you.
West Midlands
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one night after attending a gig at the nearby O2.
The hotel is only a few minutes walk from Canary Wharf tube station and the O2 is only one stop away on the tube.
On check in the staff were great. We went to our room to find it clean and much larger than expected. The bed was good but not as good as home ;) I found the room to be nice and quiet with a good shower.
In order to avoid the stupidly high mini bar charges I took my own bottle of wine that I put in the fridge. Just make sure you lay the wine accross the top shelf in order to avoid being charged by the 'auto fridge'. Ice was also available near the lifts on my floor (7th).
Check out was painless and I headed to the nearby Lloyds bar for breakfast. Its only a 10 minutes walk away.
Cant say much more about the hotel but would have no issue in staying here for sub £70 price tag we got the room for.

2 Thank welshrexer
Thank you for your feedback; it is a pleasure to read that you and your wife enjoyed staying at the hotel and that you found the service to be good and the rooms spacious.
Dundee, Scotland
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Just left after a very pleasant nights stay. I had phoned ahead to ask for early entry to the room since we were arriving early to get ready for an award ceremony. We were told that they had requested but could not guarantee it. We were delighted on arrival to find not only the room to be ready but that we had also been upgraded to a suite ! What a fantastic service - it really made the day / night special- well done Hilton we will definitely be back ! The area is also great, handy for tube and great local vibe. Special thanks to Rebecca on reception

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank crisr
Thank you for posting your kind comments regarding the Hilton London Canary Wharf, we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I booked this hotel, a double executive room as I was working in Canary wharf for a few days and also wanted to visit the Westend on the weekend. Check in was quick and the staff were really friendly and helpful. My room was on the 14th executive floors right next to the executive lounge (1423). I thought I'd have a problem with noise from the lounge but it was rather nice and peaceful. I've stayed in most hotels in Canary Wharf including the Raddison (Which is also very nice) but so far this Hilton is my best choice I will definitely be staying here again next time I'm around. The bathroom was clean and tidy, with complimentary bathroom slippers and robes. The mini bar has everything a mini bar should have and the prices aren't expensive. There is a lovely restaurant which isn't expensive downstairs which does some great food and the hotel is located just 2mins walk from South Quays station on the DLR. There is also a Bikram Yoga place just opposite the hotel for those who love Yoga.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Great to read you enjoyed your stay especially your room and the executive lounge.
's Heerenhoek (NL)
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed here end of april 2012. I had a standard room. Positive: good bed, quiet rooms, clean, Good night sleep. negative: They allow too many people to have breakfast. result: you have to line up for breakfast. Room service is an extra charge. There is no ice machine. Drinks from mini bar are expensive. The wifi is at an extra cost of around 20 pounds per calender day. My check out bill was overpriced with mini bar items I never used. On my remark they were removed from my bill (so check your bill!). The concierge called an expensive luxury car when I asked for a taxi for the airport (although I never asked such a service) and they have a commision on the fare (I overheard a conversation). Overall a fair business hotel but don't expect anything more.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Verbiest
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Firstly, many thanks for leaving your review and I was pleased that you found the room to be clean. After having read your comments, I was quite concerned about some of the points and experiences you listed. We really appreciate constructive feedback and in context, we always try to recognise and thus rectify any issues highlighted. Your points have been discussed with the hotel Director of Operations who has immediately taken remedial action and I understand he has also responded to you personally. Once again we thank you for taking your time to provide us with such valuable feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon.