“Another excellent Hilton hotel”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #71 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Lagos, Nigeria
“Another excellent Hilton hotel”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend and I loved every minute of my stay. I particularly liked its proximity to nice restaurants by the wharf and the Canary wharf shopping centre. I'm definitely going back.

• Stayed September 2013
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel and it is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback. Thank you, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Hotel was quite nice, especially as my employer's offices are at Canary Wharf. I don't see the location as particularly useful as a base for traveling into the city center. Likewise, there is not a whole lot to do at night on the Wharf. That said: if your offices are based at the Wharf, the location is quite convenient. Rooms are comfortable and staff was quite accomodating.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am glad that you liked the hotel and found the location suitable, the room comfortable and the team accommodating. Many Thanks.
Bangkok
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed here for two weeks whilst I worked in my employer's London office. There was a function on at the nearby Excel convention centre which meant rooms were hard to come by in Canary Wharf at the time.
The first good thing for me was that the only available rooms were on the executive floor so I got access to free buffet breakfast, evening canapés and also free alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at certain times and endless tea and coffee.This was a cracking perk.
The second good thing for me was that thankfully I wasn't paying and my company was. As nice as the stay was, and it was ok, nothing more, it was ridiculously overpriced.I suppose they had a captive audience so they can justify it, and no doubt the reply here will be that it is in line with similar properties in the area but at well over £300 per night (I was there for 14) it left a lot to be desired.
Also, WiFi access is free in the lounge and communal areas but you have to pay extra to get it in your room. What is that all about? Luckily, I had an understanding check in clerk who waived the fee as I was staying for an extended visit.
So, all in all, an average hotel at above average prices.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and improve our services. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities on the Executive floor. I acknowledge your comments regarding the rate and value for money. We have had several tripadvisor comments which are testament that generally the Executive rooms and lounge are excellent value for money.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Me and my boyfriend booked a two night stay at this hotel for a weekend Christmas shopping and sightseeing. Having booked this hotel through Hotwire and getting an absolute bargain I have to say we were very very pleased!

On arrival we were greeted by the staff who informed us we had been upgraded to an executive room! Room perfect, everything you could want!

Excellent facilities- although we did not use them!
Excellent location- safe, clean part of the city and only a few minutes walk to the tube!

My boyfriend left his jumper and phone charger in the room by accident- the staff had saved his belongings and handed them back without hesitation.

Would not hesitate to return... One thing though please watch the doors as you enter the hotel. Boyfriend was hit across the head by the doors which move as soon as they sense movement instead of moving constantly!

• Stayed December 2013
We appreciate the time taken to post feedback.

I was happy to hear that you found your room to be perfect and the facilities were excellent.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Dobbs Ferry, New York
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My family and I recently spent 4-nights at the Hilton London Canary Wharf hotel. The hotel staff, rooms and service were exceptional. The hotel is positioned as a business hotel by its location in Canary Wharf, but at no time did we feel anything less than first rate attention to our holiday needs. The concierge booked travel, the executive lounge kept us fed and comfortable and the rooms were comfortable and relaxing after a long day of seeing the sights. Truly a special experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
It is always a great pleasure knowing that we provided exceptional service which resulted in your stay being a truly special experience. Thank you for your feedback and I have taken this opportunity to share your comments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Denmark
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel several times in 2009, and decided to return for a weekend trip this November.

The hotel is located close to the Thames right in the middle of the new financial district, Canary Wharf. It has a bit of a 'mini-Manhattan' feel to it, but there is still a lot of construction in the area.

The hotel is conveniently located close to DLR and Tube stations, and only about 20 minutes from central London.

For a Hilton in London, the hotel is moderately priced, and offers a nice, spacious room. I thought it looked modern and welcoming, and it was very clean. There was also a large bathroom with a tub and separate shower. The audio from the flatscreen Tv was available in the bathroom, which was a nice touch.

The view from the room was okay, although you mainly get to see all the construction still underway in the area. From my room on one of the top, executive floors, there was a bit of noise from the nearby DLR stations, and the frequent train traffic.

The room service was fast and is available 24 hrs a day. I also had the breakfast buffet which was very nice and offered a big selection.

One downside (which is general for the Hilton chain), at £14.99 for 24 hrs, the Wi-Fi is extremely overpriced. At least it was fast and reliable. The nearby shopping mall had free Wi-Fi, by the way.

The service from staff was fine and attentive. Nothing to complain about.

Check out this hotel for a good stay outside of the central part of London. Convenient if you're going to the O2 Arena, only one stop away on the Tube, although make sure that there is good service on the Jubilee line!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rasmus H
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel once again for your recent stay. I am glad you enjoy staying at the hotel and find the location convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

First time staying at Canary Wharf - found Hilton to be a very convenient location. Rooms and facilities were Hilton quality. For the club floors there was breakfast included and afternoon tea - very nice addition!

Service requires special mention - staff checked by email flight arrival times, made sure room was ready for early checkin, arranged all transportation and dinner reservations and did it all with efficiency and a great attitude.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wings_Wheels
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
We appreciate the time taken to post feedback.

I am glad that you had such a great stay with us and found the team to be efficient with a great attitude. It was also good to read that you found the location of the hotel to be very convenient.

Thank you.