“Overnight stay as near to 02”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #71 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay as near to 02”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here for just one night whilst going to see The Eagles concert at the O2 arena.
Its a few minutes from the underground so easy to get to. Nice comfortable air conditioned room with a full size bath tub and shower . Tea and coffee making facilities which was most welcome. Very easy to get to the O2 as one stop along on the underground. One of the best breakfasts we' ve had when staying at a London hotel. Lots of variety and eggs being freshly cooked all the time. The staff worked really hard to keep everything topped up. Served with your tea or coffee instead of getting it out of a machine. Very helpful reception staff. Would definitely recommend especially if you're going to the O2 for a concert.

Room Tip: We were in room 709. Very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I am glad that you had such a great stay with us and found the room to be comfortable. It was also great to hear that you found the O2 Arena was easy to get to from the hotel and that you enjoyed the breakfast. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked this hotel due to its proximity to the o2 as I was attending a concert there. The hotel was advertised as being 0.8km away which in fairness had I hired a helicoptor it would have been. All started well, really pleasant staff and we were allowed to check in early as the room had been made ready. Room very spacious but the DLR runs almost through the hotel and even being on the 13th floor you can still hear the noise and feel the vibrations of it. Bed not the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Good bar area but typical London prices (£17 for two shorts with a mixer) Breakfast area way too small, nowhere near the number of tables required. I went down at 10:00 for breakfast to be told there was a queue of 7 people before me and they would seat us as soon as possible (waited 20 mins) In spite of asking threee different staff for tea / coffee we had almost finished breakfast before it arrived. Breakfat menu was good with plenty of options. Parking additional cost of £20 per night

Room Tip: Go for higher the better!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback, I pleased that you found your room to be spacious and found the team to be really pleasant. I have checked our Hilton website and it states the distance to the O2 Arena as 4 miles by car. I would also like to note that it is one stop from the hotel to the O2 Arena on the London Underground Jubilee Line to North Greenwich. I would appreciate it if you could let me know which site you saw this on.

I have also spoken with the Restaurant Manager regarding your comments on breakfast and I understand that it was a particularly busy weekend and most of the guest came down for breakfast at the same time. That aside she has taken action to ensure there is no recurrence.
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The Hilton Canary Warf is a great hotel to spend a weekend. There are excellent transport links to central London and elsewhere. The Jubilee line is notably quieter away from the working week.

The room was spotlessly clean - even cleaned and restocked whilst we were at breakfast. There was everything you could possibly wish for provided. It was also quiet on a night, you couldn't hear any sounds from the corridor nor outside.

We stopped with a small child who was made to feel very welcome by every member of staff we encountered. We were especially impressed with the pancake chef - he made our little one feel like she was getting personalised service.

The staff in the executive lounge were exceptional. They were attentive, efficient and professional. The view is also amazing from the lounge.

The hotel was an excellent base for our sightseeing visit to London. I would not hesitate in future about booking another stay in a Hilton. Our stay was fantastic and I would recommend a stay here without hesitation.

We really appreciated your positive comments following your recent stay at the hotel. I was especially pleased to read about the service you received from our team members in particular Ravi who made the pancakes. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
London
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel recently and had a warm greeting from the receptionist - Carly. Quickly checked me in and advised me that breakfast was not in my rate. I told her that even if I wanted breakfast I would not have as I was running in the City of London race in the morning.
a nice surprise arrived - a welcome and good luck card and fruit and water. The guy that delivered that was equally as nice.

The staff I encountered were great. Stay was comfortable in a lovely room. Thanks.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your lovely comments and for taking the time to share with us your feedback. It was good to read that you found the team your encountered to be great; I will certainly share your comments with the team.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed last night for an O2 concert and booked a fast river boat to the venue check in and out was speedy I could see that it was a bit out of the way if you want night life but the room was good the only downside was I had to park in the hotel next door but I found a great space so I wasn't boxed in but not so good if you leave your toothbrush in the boot. The breakfast was good and we had a great evening Allow plenty of time if you drive as it took much longer to get across town due to road closures demonstrations etc. and use your iPhone as a sat nav as the tall buildings confuse the Garmin. Get a cab back from the pier when you get back from the venue as I managed to get lost again it will only cost a fiver.

Room Tip: Didn't use any facilities so not able to comment
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing your comments with other travellers. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your room and the breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
England U.K.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Very rarely have I left a review on "chain hotels". However, this hotel was outstanding in as much that the staff went out of their way to be as helpful as could be. OK I am a wheelchair user but they seemed to be as courteous to all guests.
We were upgraded to a Junior suite. I am certainly not proud of being a smoker but a smoking room was offered and gratefully accepted - apparently they still have 5 rooms in the hotel where one can smoke, one being a Junior suite.
Executive rooms offer a free afternoon tea, canapés in the evening and continental breakfast in the morning till 11.00 on weekends. I had thought they would be rubbish but they were really fabulous - lovely fresh ingredients and very well-presented.
Room itself was spacious, great view over Canary Wharf, extremely comfortable bed and spotlessly clean. Very convenient for O2 but taxis are about 18 pounds each way. Parking was £20 overnight but such is the price of London and it could have been 10 times the price in other areas. By the way, The Eagles concert was fantastic.
Would not hesitate to stay here again net time we go to o2.

Room Tip: 7th floor has 1 junior suite that allows smoking and has Exec. faciolities
Thank KatieEnglandU.K.
Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and for sharing your great experience. It was good to read you found the room spacious with a great view and that you enjoyed the Executive lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

and abit too far from any night life.
Walk around at night and its dead.
Executive room nice and spacious, club breakfast on weak side and could use improvement, surprised that gym was more than decent
batroom sink tooo narrow and absolutely no space to put any of your own toiletries
Conceirage team incredibly helpful

Room Tip: worked all morning in room a nd DLR train noise was obvious stay away from taht side whe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lgppres
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I was pleased in general that you enjoyed your stay and found your Executive room to be nice and spacious and the Concierge team very helpful. I have noted your comment regarding the breakfast in the lounge.