“Amazing beyond words”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #71 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have stayed at the most luxurious hotels in the world but the Hilton London Canary Wharf is the best, they were so helpful planning my friends surprise birthday. It was beyond amazing and beyond awesome! Thanks to Nina Polaschek the guest relations manager my stay was beyond amazing. She made sure that all my requirements were met . I can't thank the restaurant staff enough. So polite, professional, attentive and understanding. I will always return and recommend to my friends

• Stayed: July 2014
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, it was good to read that we helped make your friend’s birthday surprise a success. I will certainly share your comments with the team in particular Nina and the restaurant team. We look forward to your return in the future and thank you for your recommendation.

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Canary Wharf

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for an event at the O2, loved it and might stay again for central London even though its slightly out of the way.
So, what did I love? Great service including early checkin & room upgrade, very friendly staff.
The room upgrade to exec was complementary as part of the deal I got for paying in advance, but would have been worth (within reason obviously) paying for in any case.
Had a massive room, big bathroom, good proper shower not just one above a bath. Also gave access to the exec lounge which had complementary nibbles and drinks in the evening, also afternoon tea i think, though I wasn't around for that, and breakfast. And great views from the lounge.
One stop on the tube from the O2, nearby restaurants and a decent shopping centre, very clean area, and the price was good as I was staying at a weekend, i guess in the week its more pricey for business folk and the rates come down at weekends to attract tourists.
I will absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joeintheuk
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for the lovely review you shared with other travellers. We were pleased to read your compliments of our services and friendliness of our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I used some of my points and added cash to pay for a double room for a night out with an old friend. We were on a budget, so were delighted that we were upgraded, on our arrival, to an executive room with access to the lounge. The room was perfect and location great - I am familiar with the area and it is ideally placed for shopping and eating and drinking. We didn't eat at the hotel, but came back to the lounge for a nightcap at the end of the evening. The lounge was full and several lively groups making the most of the hospitality and the staff were excellent, welcoming and helpful. The executive room also meant we had breakfast too and, although we only had a light meal, there was plenty of choice. All in all, this made for a very special night out. Many Thanks - sorry my review is a bit late.

Room Tip: The Executive room and associated access to lounge for drinks, snacks and breakfast was great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

We appreciate your kind feedback and were really happy to read that you found the location of our hotel to be conveniently situated within easy walking distance restaurants and shopping. I am pleased to read that you also enjoyed the Executive lounge and the service provided by the team was excellent. Thank you.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed with my partner, for a night as we had an evening planned locally. The location and customer service was exceptional. We were greeted at the front desk by a very friendly staff member called Cansu. Who was extremely polite and genuine. she also very kindly upgraded our room to the Business Suite as they had one free and it was lovely. It was very spacious, clean and had a very contemporary, yet nice look to the room. Bath, sheets and beds were very clean and they even kindly extended he check out for us, which seemed effortless (using non-stop checkout service). We did not have the comp breakfast, but i have heard it is great. Overall , would highly recommend, due to location and service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel and it is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback. It will be a pleasure for me to share your comments with the team. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

As a frequent visitor to London for many years,I have stayed in many upscale hotels.
But the Hilton at Canary Wharf is now my new favourite hotel in London.
From check-in,till leaving the hotel everything was perfect.I booked a junior suite which was absolutely fantastic.the best executive lounge i have ever experienced.with great food and drinks.and breath-taking views over the rivier Thames.I already booked my next stay!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I am very pleased that you found the Executive lounge to be one of your best that you have experienced and together with the service you received from the team has already resulted in you booking your next visit to the hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Having stayed in lots of Hilton Hotels worldwide you get to know the brand and this hotel was in keeping with the brand and didnt really disappoint in any way.

Perfectly located if you are visiting the Wharf for business or plan to see an event at the O2, just 5-10 minutes walk over the bridge to the Jubilee line to get you all over London or 5 minutes walk from South Quay DLR station.

There was a slight mix up when we arrived with upgrades being offered (Upgrade to Executive Room did not mean access to the lounge which was a little strange) however when discussed with the hotel team this was rectified to a point which left us fairly satisfied but still a little disappointed.

Suffice to say the room was clean and comfortable and we had secured a good rate booking way in advance via the Hilton website so we were overall happy with what we got.

As part of the attempt to resolve our upgrade issue we received a complimentary breakfast, this was the typical Hilton offering of all manner of cereals, pastries and hot food. It never disappoints and this was the usual Hilton quality.

When I finally gained access to the lounge the 'happy hour' offering was a little sparse and underwhelming however it was a nice place to sit and relax and enjoy the view over towards the City and Shard etc.

There is a gym on site and the Steam / Sauna area is located in an annexe off the gym. The signage is a little misleading and I found the area by chance as the door in the hallway is not marked. I wasnt to know that the Steam/Sauna was located through the gym entrance also, sounds silly but it isnt clear!

Both the steam and sauna can comfortably accommodate 4 persons, any more and it will be quite cosy! The changing is mixed sex so be aware! There are lockable changing facilities in the lockers area so no panic, just be alert to the mixed changing as this is not common in my experience.

Overall the hotel is well located, meets the Hilton standard and if you get a decent rate it is very worthwhile staying here.

Room Tip: The DLR runs along one side of the hotel, I would check which room you are allocated as I would thin...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MeAndMrsJonesUK

We appreciate the time taken to post feedback

I am pleased that you found the location of the hotel convenient for your needs and the room was clean and comfortable.

With regards to your comment on the upgrade you received. From time to time we do offer free upgrades to an Executive room however due to high occupancy levels we cannot always give access to the lounge.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Very pleasant staff, made check-in and finding a cab that would take a credit card just a very pleasant experience.

The room itself was fine and quite comfortable and the breakfast service was delicious.

I will never quite understand the British will to have the hairdryer in the desk area rather than in the bathroom, but perhaps that's just me. If a person is going to insist on that however, it would be nice to at least have a cord long enough to stretch over to where the mirror is. Small thing, but when you're rushing around to get to a meeting on time, it's ridiculously useful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your lovely comments about hotel and for sharing your experience at the hotel. It was good to read you found the room comfortable and the breakfast service delicious. We look forward to welcoming back in the future.