We had a 6 night stay in a family room using my Hilton Honors points. The only minor issues we had were right at the beginning of our stay. I had specified that we'd arrive at noon on the reservation. When we arrived, we were told our room was vacant and just waiting to be cleaned. We retired to the Executive Lounge and waited 2.5 hours for the room and only gentle prodding of the staff in the lounge got us into the room. I had to wonder if there was any communication with the housekeeping staff that guests were waiting to enter a room. After a 9 hour flight and a 1 hour commute into the city, one only wants to take a shower and settle in for the stay.
Also, I had specifically listed on my room requests that we needed two cots in the room for the first night as we had an extra gentleman staying with us for one night only to attend the Monty Python show at the O2. For the duration of the trip, it was two women and one man sleeping on the king bed, pull out bed, and cot respectively. Despite the pre-made request, we arrived to find only one cot in the room and no bed linen for the pull out couch (ie. housekeeping didn't assume we'd be using the pull out and not needing the extra cot). After three calls to housekeeping and probably 4 different staff coming and going from our room for 15 minutes, plus a drop in from a housekeeping supervisor, we finally had the extra cot placed in our room. I tipped the lot of them a 10 quid note, so perplexed with the amount of staff needed to inspect the room, bring a cot, bring us linen, bring us another set of linen for the pullout, bring us an extra set of toiletries (which was greatly appreciated).
The room was large enough for 1-2 adults with the king bed, one adult on the pull out sofa and one adult on a cot. It's even possible to put two cots in the room (although we still had only 4 people occupying the room) with just enough walking room for people to not be tripping over each other but I wouldn't recommend it.
The beds were fine --even the cot and pull out sofa. It was nice to not hear much city noise. Even though Canary Wharf is an additional commute to central London, the perk is a quiet night. Shower pressure and hot water temperature were great, although there is no fan in the bathroom and there is only the European partial shower enclosure. Housekeeping was religious about restocking any used towels, shampoo, conditioner or moisturizers. Temperature controls were fine --air conditioning worked well without being overpowering and only a little bit of HVAC system rumbling. Annoying was being forced to re-log in every hour for internet usage --I don't know if it's because three people were using multiple devices or because internet came free with being a Hilton Diamond member but it was persistently annoying. Breakfast in the Executive Lounge was good, if repetitive --it didn't change once in 6 days.
Staff were professional, if not overly gregarious. We did receive good advice from the evening concierge, who showed concern for the pregnant member of our party being unwell. I had one weird moment when one of the Executive Lounge staff came to take away the plate I had just placed on the table with just acquired canapes. Perplexed, I thought she was just getting me fresher items but she just disappeared with it for no reason and I had to get a new plate. The concierge arranged for a private car to take us to Gatwick in the early morning but there seemed to be some confusion somewhere amongst the hotel, the car hire dispatcher and the driver.
Despite the small bugs, it was a good stay. The hotel is a very short walk to the Tube station and the underground mall has almost every possible amenity you need. Everything you need transport wise is very accessible through close Tube connections to commuter trains, the DLR and the water taxi.The 02 is one tube station away but consider taking the water taxi (pre purchase your ticket before you go to the show) back from an event due to the masses of people leaving the facility. This hotel is consistently listed at a competitive price for London 4 star calibre hotels. While you may not have the buzzing city life immediately outside your door, you will have everything you need close at hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated conveniently in the heart of London’s business district, Hilton London Canary Wharf is an obvious and popular choice for business visitors. As one of our guests you will have access to a high-speed internet connection, spacious desks to work from, a 24-hour business center and many other comforts. Rooms are fitted with a widescreen TV and an alarm clock that lets you plug in your MP3 player, meaning you can wake up to your favourite music.When you’re not busy working, make the most of the sauna, steam room or work out in the well-equipped fitness center. Or sip on a well-earned cocktail in the very popular Canary Wharf restaurant, Cinnamon. Hilton London Canary Wharf is very close to the O2 Arena and Westfield shopping complex in Stratford. This hotel is a great choice for anyone wanting to be close to where business happens but not too far from all the tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton London Canary Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Canary Wharf Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton Canary Wharf
- Canary Hilton Wharf