“Loved it”

Ranked #75 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Burnley, England, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Have such good memories of my weekend stay here, the buffet breakfast was amazing! The nicest room I've stayed in, good space, lovely big bed, lovely bathroom so clean too. Would love to come back again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I am delighted to read you had an enjoyable weekend stay at the hotel and that you found the rooms to be lovely and spacious and breakfast amazing.

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a 6 night stay in a family room using my Hilton Honors points. The only minor issues we had were right at the beginning of our stay. I had specified that we'd arrive at noon on the reservation. When we arrived, we were told our room was vacant and just waiting to be cleaned. We retired to the Executive Lounge and waited 2.5 hours for the room and only gentle prodding of the staff in the lounge got us into the room. I had to wonder if there was any communication with the housekeeping staff that guests were waiting to enter a room. After a 9 hour flight and a 1 hour commute into the city, one only wants to take a shower and settle in for the stay.

Also, I had specifically listed on my room requests that we needed two cots in the room for the first night as we had an extra gentleman staying with us for one night only to attend the Monty Python show at the O2. For the duration of the trip, it was two women and one man sleeping on the king bed, pull out bed, and cot respectively. Despite the pre-made request, we arrived to find only one cot in the room and no bed linen for the pull out couch (ie. housekeeping didn't assume we'd be using the pull out and not needing the extra cot). After three calls to housekeeping and probably 4 different staff coming and going from our room for 15 minutes, plus a drop in from a housekeeping supervisor, we finally had the extra cot placed in our room. I tipped the lot of them a 10 quid note, so perplexed with the amount of staff needed to inspect the room, bring a cot, bring us linen, bring us another set of linen for the pullout, bring us an extra set of toiletries (which was greatly appreciated).

The room was large enough for 1-2 adults with the king bed, one adult on the pull out sofa and one adult on a cot. It's even possible to put two cots in the room (although we still had only 4 people occupying the room) with just enough walking room for people to not be tripping over each other but I wouldn't recommend it.

The beds were fine --even the cot and pull out sofa. It was nice to not hear much city noise. Even though Canary Wharf is an additional commute to central London, the perk is a quiet night. Shower pressure and hot water temperature were great, although there is no fan in the bathroom and there is only the European partial shower enclosure. Housekeeping was religious about restocking any used towels, shampoo, conditioner or moisturizers. Temperature controls were fine --air conditioning worked well without being overpowering and only a little bit of HVAC system rumbling. Annoying was being forced to re-log in every hour for internet usage --I don't know if it's because three people were using multiple devices or because internet came free with being a Hilton Diamond member but it was persistently annoying. Breakfast in the Executive Lounge was good, if repetitive --it didn't change once in 6 days.

Staff were professional, if not overly gregarious. We did receive good advice from the evening concierge, who showed concern for the pregnant member of our party being unwell. I had one weird moment when one of the Executive Lounge staff came to take away the plate I had just placed on the table with just acquired canapes. Perplexed, I thought she was just getting me fresher items but she just disappeared with it for no reason and I had to get a new plate. The concierge arranged for a private car to take us to Gatwick in the early morning but there seemed to be some confusion somewhere amongst the hotel, the car hire dispatcher and the driver.

Despite the small bugs, it was a good stay. The hotel is a very short walk to the Tube station and the underground mall has almost every possible amenity you need. Everything you need transport wise is very accessible through close Tube connections to commuter trains, the DLR and the water taxi.The 02 is one tube station away but consider taking the water taxi (pre purchase your ticket before you go to the show) back from an event due to the masses of people leaving the facility. This hotel is consistently listed at a competitive price for London 4 star calibre hotels. While you may not have the buzzing city life immediately outside your door, you will have everything you need close at hand.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank game_misconduct
Thank you for your valuable comments which enable us to improve our services. I am pleased that you had a good stay. However I am sorry to read of the confusion regarding the number of extra beds required for your room and that the room was not ready upon your arrival. I have spoken to the relevant managers and they join me in apologising for the shortfalls.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family stayed at this hotel during our summer vacation in London. The service was outstanding. The staff at the front desk was very courteous and provided great customer service. The hostess at the restaurant treated our family very nicely and the concierge was very helpful and gave us great tips to get around town and told us how to catch the train to Liverpool. This hotel also has a nice gym on the second floor. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the lovely review you shared with other travellers. We were pleased to read your compliments of our services and friendliness of our staff.

We look forward to you returning and thank you for your recommendation.
london
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very nice hotel and very clean and modern rooms. We stayed here after a consent and its a perfect location ;-) the only let down was the rude reception staff who just did not have a customer service skills at all, did not even look at you when taking your details, in my mind first impressions make or break your stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback which enables us to monitor and improve our services. I am pleased to read that in general you liked the hotel however I was surprised to read your comments regarding the reception team as in general we receive good reviews on Tripadvisor about the team. That aside, I have spoken with the Front of House manager and she joins me in apologising for the shortfall in service you received and has taken action to ensure there is no recurrence in the future.
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hilton hotels rarely surprise and rarely disappoint this is reasonable and probably above average but the price matches that in part because of the location. If staying there have breakfast in the hotel but eat out later.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments following your recent stay at Hilton London Canary Wharf.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel before and this time was the usual great service. Upon checking in , I noticed that my Queen bed was actually two beds zipped together one with a severe lump in the middle. After I called down, the issue was resolved and I was moved to another room with no fuss. I was also upgraded to an executive floor for the delay. Staff also looked like they really cared about the situation and were going to change the mattress. The Concierge staff in this hotel is great. Even if you dont need any help, they are very welcoming and make you feel at home every time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I am pleased to read that you found the team to be caring and the concierge helpful and very welcoming. I have spoken to the Head Housekeeper regarding the issue you had with the bed and action has been taken to rectify the issue.
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed overnight with friends as we were attending the Robbie Williams Concert at the O2. We selected teh Hotel as I am a Hilton Hhonors member and also for the close proximity to the 02. The hotel was excellent with friednly and professional staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Helen E
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, it was good to read you enjoyed your stay and found the location suitable for your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.