“5 star service”

Hilton London Canary Wharf
Ranked #70 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Just spend a few days in Hilton canary wharf. Upon check In we were greeted by Avinash in the lobby, who kindly helped us with the check in. He was very engaging and really made us felt comfortable. We got introduce to the Hilton Honors program and even got a discounted full English buffet breakfast as a benefit. Room were big, spacious but could have done with more shampoo and soaps. I have to say my first time staying in a Hilton hotel was a fantastic experience. Avinash is a gem to your team. Can't wait to return again and enjoy the sterling service.

• Stayed: July 2014
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Many thanks for your review. It is always rewarding to receive positive comments on the service provided from our team members; I will certainly share your comments with Avinash. I am also glad you enjoyed your first visit in a Hilton hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton London Canary Wharf

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We went to the Hilton Canary Wharf in July 2014. Entering the beautiful reception area we were really looking forward to see our room. Well, when we saw it then, we were very disappointed. For a hotel chain selling itself as high-class, this was not even low-budget standard. Old furniture that was partially broken, dirty windows, uncomfortable beds. Service at breakfast was bad, we had to ask three times to get coffee and tea and when the young lady finally served it, she appeared pretty unfriendly. The food was average and the buffet got pretty messy around the baked beans or the scrambled eggs, but no one cleaned it up.
We have seen so many cheap B+Bs that were way better than this hotel!
Hilton? Never again, sorry!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam_M_Smith, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thanks for the positive feedback about the Front Desk and Housekeeping team.

Your comments regarding your experience in the hotel restaurant and with room service were disapointing to read and relevant actions have been put in place to prevent a repeat.

Once again thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I booked this hotel for myself and my fiancée as a place to rest our heads after seeing the quite brilliant Aerosmith at Clapham Common. Having stayed in a couple of Hilton's before, I knew that we would enjoy our stay very much.

The staff were very accommodating from the off and we always felt at home. Although we didn't actually arrive until nearly midnight, we were more than welcome at the bar for a much needed drink. Our room (once our tired legs managed to carry us to the room) was perfect. We booked the queen room which was enormous and very comfy. Everything was super clean.

The breakfast was the best one I've had at a Hilton yet. Literally everything that you could ever want was on offer.

Sadly we had to leave the next day so only actually managed a few hours in the hotel but it was quite simply, faultless.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell fellow travellers about your experience at the Hilton London Canary Wharf. The team and I were delighted that you managed to enjoy the Hotel albeit for a few hours. I am also pleased you enjoyed the breakfast provided.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is my fourth time at this hotel. It is clean spacious and quiet. Bed is so comfy, air con works well. Toiletries are excellent and good range of tea/coffee and biscuits too. Check in was painless and quick with friendly reception staff. Breakfast was included in my rate and was superb, you really cant beat a hilton breakfast, plenty of choice of hot and cold items, buffet service.

Easy to get anywhere in London from here, only a 2 minute walk from hotel to south quay dlr station. 30mins to theatre land, leicester square or covent gardens.

Tesco metro, subway, pret etc on your doorstep too.

I paid £130 b&b through travel republic. Worth every penny and a real treat in london. This is my first choice hotel in london. Cant fault it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DeniseE76

It is always great to read that our guests return regularly to the Hotel and that we are able to meet your expectations. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has got everything right! Breakfast perfect, rooms well equipped and spacious. Stafff very accommodating and welcoming e.g. Blanca - helpful and friendly. Good, smart location. Very clean and well maintained. Will definitely return if around

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments. We always try our best to make sure we provide outstanding service and it is truly rewarding receiving such comments and knowing that we managed to provide a memorable and pleasant experience. I will certainly share your comments with the team in particular Blanca.

If the opportunity comes we will be delighted to be the hotel chosen to accommodate you on your next visit to Canary Wharf.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here in July 2014 for a long weekend. We were visiting London to see a show at the globe theater and a show at the O2. This hotel was great for both. It's only a few stops on the subway to the globe theater and one stop to the O2.

I imagine Canary Wharf is pretty busy during the week but at the weekend it was quite quiet which was perfect for us.

Rooms were nice and the executive lounge was good. The exec. lounge breakfast was not as good as in some other Hilton hotels I've stayed at though, limited choice.

As always though Hilton need to provide free Wi-Fi for all guests! (get with the times!). You can't give a five star review to a hotel without free Wi-Fi.

This hotel will be top of our list for future weekends in London. :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay at the Hilton London Canary Wharf. It was nice to read you liked the location of the hotel and enjoyed the Executive lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

the location is excellent for business, very near to the tube stations and in a very nice area surrounded by very active life.

The rooms are good size (some hotels in London have shoe boxes instead of rooms) and the amenities following the standards.

Regarding the staff I can tell that is the best part of the hotel.
I would like to give a big thank you to ASHLY in the bar to be so nice, friendly and good cocktail bar man.
To ANDERin reception to be so attentive and to be the best receptionist that I have come across in longtime.
To CINTHYA in housekeeping to make our room the best one in the hotel and for all the hard work that I know she does

Room Tip: from xx01 to xx03 (for instance 1103) have AMAZING views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We really appreciate your feedback, it’s great that you enjoyed the hotel and found the team members to be the best part of the hotel in particular, Ashly, Ander and Cinthya. I will certainly share your comments with them.