Hilton London Canary Wharf
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
3,957 results
All reviewsthe executive loungejubilee linesouth quay dlr stationcinnamon restaurantdocklands light railwayjunior suitelondon city airportafternoon teaexcellent stayexcellent hoteleasy accessbusiness triptube stopbars and restaurantsweekend breakbreakfast was excellentmini bar
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Quite often stay in Hilton hotels when I have to travel for business and usually find them great in terms of amenities and service. The Canary Wharf hotel is no exception, with the rooms being excellently furnished, large and comfortable. Staff are always efficient and friendly.

The restaurant has an Asian focus, with a reasonable selection on the menu. The Thai beef salad is excellent and I can recommend the steaks, though the beef rendang is a very poor imitation of anything you would get in Malaysia. Breakfast is great, with usual hot and cold buffet, but pricy.

The downside to this hotel is the cost – a standard room costs over GBP 300 per night (without any deals or corporate discounts) and excludes breakfast and WiFi, which I see as just a standard feature in a business hotel. All of the hotels in the Canary Wharf area are similar in price, but 20 minutes on the Jubilee line to central London, or on the DLR to Greenwich, gets you a pretty reasonable hotel for half this cost. To charge these prices, for a “standard” room, a hotel in this price bracket has to be outstanding. I have stayed at this hotel at the weekend, when there are few “business” travelers and the cost was about 130 per night

Overall I would see the Hilton Canary Wharf as approaching 5 star accommodation, but very poor value for money, if you don’t enjoy significant discounts on the standard prices.

Room Tip: When booking a room, I would avoid those on the lower floors, on the south side of the building, as there is quite a lot of noise from the DLR.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with other travellers, I am glad you enjoy your visits to the hotel and find the team to be efficient and friendly.

I have shared your feedback on the beef rendang with the Head Chef. With regards to WiFi we do offer free WiFi in all our public areas and also for guests who book direct via Hilton.com.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

best hotel in canary wharf, every thing was great really enjoyed my stay highly recommended. the room was clean the service was fast and the staff was very welcoming and helpful, nice lobby and delicious breakfast.. plus great location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel and it is particularly rewarding for us to receive such positive feedback. It will be a pleasure for me to share your comments with the entire team.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The service and quality of room at this hotel were brilliant. I haven't got one complaint, nothing was too much trouble and felt welcome from the minute we walked in through the door. All members of staff were courteous and smiled - makes a real change!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your lovely comments about hotel and for sharing your great experience. We were pleased to read your compliments of our services and friendliness of our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Hotel for a University Reunion and I must say my immediate reaction was that the hotel was very modern, rooms were great, beds comfortable. TV High definition. Breakfast excellent. Staff VERY attentive.
The only disappointment for me was that there was no free wifi even though as an Hilton Honors member it was promised as being FREE. They wanted £15 a day for the privilege but I could have a maximum of one hour in the lobby.
What did concern me was that during the night of our next day departure I received a bill which included two items from the mini bar which we hadn't had.
I noticed when checking out that at least two other guests had the same complaint. It would seem that if you actually look at at item in the mini-bar that you are immediately charged!!
The problem is that the items on the bottom of the fridge, you cannot see what they are. I do not think therefore that you can have a contract in law for purchase when you cannot see what you are buying.
This spoiled an otherwise enjoyable weekend. Some people may get ripped off for these charges if they do not study their bill carefully and it is a practice that Hilton Group ought to stop doing.
Don't let this put you off this lovely hotel but watch out for a couple of money-grabbing attempts

Room Tip: Ask for a high room overlooking Canary Wharf
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review, I am pleased in general that you enjoyed your stay in particular the room, breakfast and the service provided by the team.

With regards to internet, we offer free WiFi to guests in public areas and have recently upgraded our system provider. We also offer free internet to Diamond and Gold Hhonors members and for guests who book direct via Hilton.com.

I am also sorry you experienced issues with regards to the minibar charges. The system is very sensitive and can from time to time lead to erroneous charges which, we are in most cases happy to allow off with a minimum fuss.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We checked in to and had our executive room number given to us but the room wasn't ready so didn't have the keys. However, we left our bags with the concierge as we had to get back to the centre of London, this was easily done by getting on at south quays DLR about two mins walk from the hotel.

On returning to to the hotel later in the afternoon, we went to the executive lounge to receive our keys but when we gave the duty manager our number she said that our room was given to someone else as they needed an adjoining room and we had been allocated another exec room. No problem - until we got to the room and found a few things wrong with the room and went back to tell the duty manager who very efficiently and promptly changed our room to a junior suite. We were celebrating a special time and there were petals on the bed in the shape of a heart which was a lovely touch, we also received champagne and chocolate strawberries as apology for the mix up of the rooms, I believe.

The exec lounge provided a variety of drinks, soft and alcoholic in evening and the afternoon tea was delicious. The evening canapés were lovely too as was the breakfast. The only negative thing I would mention is the youngsters that were allowed in the lounge, at breakfast time, seemingly without supervision, in their pyjamas!!

The concierge, Robin Gordon, in the morning was very informative and a happy, polite and courteous man. A pleasure to talk to.

All in all a lovely nights stay, hotel very well situated for all of London's sights and the tube and of course canary wharf.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read that we managed to rectify the issue with your room and I have spoken with the Front of House Manager. I am glad you liked the Executive lounge and I have noted your comment regarding the young children.

I will certainly share your comment with Robin Gordon. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.