Hotel Cafe Royal
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
1,526 results
All reviewsregent streetoscar wildeafternoon teapiccadilly circusakasha spabathroom mirrorjunior suitehigh techin room diningluxury hotelbottle of champagnebeautiful hotelamazing locationwest endthe ritzcovent gardendoorman
Reviewed 3 October 2013

A fantastic hotel in great location. Rooms are wonderful and very quiet even those on Regent Street. Service is excellent and could not be faulted. Highly recommended and would most definitely return on other visits to London.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
LouisSailer, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you very much for choosing Café Royal hotel and providing such kind feedback. I am gladdened by your positive comments about our service and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to London.

Warm regards

General Manger

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had an excellent pre-theatre dinner in the Grill Room recently. We really could not fault anything about the evening.

The room has been refurbished to a very high quality, providing a very elegant backdrop for a lovely experience.

The food was excellent, the portions proper, and the service was attentive without being cloying. The manager paid special attention to us, topping up my date's champagne when I arrived rather late. Little things make a big difference, and the Grill Room is getting these things right.

I am looking forward to another meal here, on my next trip to London.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
LouisSailer, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent visit to the Grill Room at Café Royal hotel. I was delighted you enjoyed your experience and thank you for your very kind endorsement. I am very happy that the services from the team were able to make that special difference. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and to possibly experiencing Café Royal hotel.

Warm regards

General Manger

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Called in for afternoon coffees and I must say the iced lattes that my son and I had were fantastic, beautiful rich taste without any bitterness whatsoever, my wife also enjoyed her hot latte, served at a perfect temperature and in the most superb double skinned glass, the service was flawless, the staff immaculately presented, attentive, warm smiles on our arrival and a wonderful farewell on departure.
Overall in this age of the 'get them in, get them out' approach, the Royal is a very welcome change for an unhurried drink, the pattiserie counter looked beautiful, but my diabetes held me back.
Rating of five out of five hardly does the establishment justice.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback and taking the time to pen your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Café at Café Royal Hotel. I was delighted to read all the little touches we provide were a success and that the service you received from my team was so well received.

My sincere thanks for taking the time to write this review; please do come and visit us again in the near future

With kindest regards

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Now this hotel is not cheap and that is the only problem we found. However, maybe you get what you pay for as from the moment we checked in to the moment we left, everything was perfect.

We booked a Jnr Suite and as we were returning from our honeymoon in St Lucia, thought it would be nice to have a couple of nights in London before heading back to Dubai.

The staff are real top notch and the service was great from check in to room service to the concierge and so on (apart from one small issue I will describe later)

On arrival we were informed we had a bottle of champagne waiting for us whenever we would like it ( a lovely touch).

The room itself was very modern and beautiful and looked right onto Eros at Piccadilly Circus with a nice little balcony as well. The hotel had a makeover recently and it shows in the finishing's in the rooms. Everything was classy. From the furniture to the bang and olufsen Television, everything told you that a lot of money had been spent on the place.

The bed was very comfortable and we certainly slept well and even though Regent St is right outside, we never heard a thing at night.

The bathroom/shower is huge and again, full of quality building materials with beautiful marble finishes and a great little television built into the main bathroom mirror which is good for the ladies whilst getting ready to go out.

There are two bars in the hotel. you have the Absinthe Bar which is a nice place to sit and, again, very classy with modern touches. The other bar is the original Grill Room bar which has been restored to the original décor which dates back to Louis XVI. (one thing I must add is that this is the only place we had slight issues. My wife went in on her own whilst I was putting items in our room and she got the impression that the staff thought she might be a lady of the night as she came into the bar herself. When they gave her a menu, they simply went back to the bar and ignored her trying to get their attention to order us both a drink. When I came back down, the staff were over immediately taking orders and my wife did let them know what she thought. Admittedly, the staff were apologetic but they really must be more on the ball in that bar to keep up with the rest of the hotel or indeed, the excellent staff in the Absinthe Bar).

Please don't let that put you off this hotel as we really had a great couple of nights here and we would definitely book again the next time we are in London.

My apologies for not mentioning individual staff members as I have a terrible memory but our host, doormen, concierge, desk staff and indeed, all the staff in the absinthe bar were outstanding and set a great level for a real 5 star hotel. Other so-called 5 star hotels should take note.

Room Tip: Jnr Suites are lovely (2 different types and we were in a stone-wall type which we thought was excellent)
Thank Stublue.KPL

Thank you very much for sharing such positive feedback about your stay at Café Royal hotel. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us and that you our spacious rooms and the service throughout was well received. I am particularly glad that The Bar and the Grill Room were to your liking and that you were able to appreciate the spirit of these spectacular rooms. I can only extend my sincere apologies over the lapse in service for delayed ordering of your drinks. I very much look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to the capital.

With warmest regards

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Ok I experienced the spa and massage. It wasn't a 10 out of 10 it was an 11 out of 10. Amazing experience and probably one of best massage I had. Carina-name of girl who did it- wonderful. Girls are not only very caring and professional but also gorgeous looks, which is important. Temperature of water in pool perfect, the relaxation area done with all details, flowers even the teas and the fruit- it's being in paradise and at the same time in the heart of a big city like London. The quality smell and texture of oils for massage are top. Couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: September 2013
LouisSailer, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your time at Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre at Café Royal hotel. I am heartened by your kind comments regarding the service you received and am delighted you found our signature treatment so enjoyable and you enjoyed our serene urban retreat so much. I will pass on your note of thanks to Karina who joins me in thanking you for your patronage of Akasha.

Kindest regards