This hotel was such a pleasant surprise. I have visited London countless times, always staying in Mayfair hotels.
When I was told that plans had changed and that we would be staying in Cafe Royal on Regent's Street, I wasn't very happy. I had never heard of it, and was quite sure I'd prefer Grosvener Square over lower Regent's Street.
Though now being so pleased with my stay, I felt compelled to write my first review on Trip Advisor.
First of all, it is a beautiful and tasteful hotel. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly; being asked several times during the week if everything was going well with our stay.
The Portland Deluxe Guest Room:
The room door, leads to a reception room where there are two more doors; one leading to your room, and one other. This is especially handy for when having booked two rooms: you don't need to worry about bumping into a stranger half dressed in the hallway. The double-door also ensures the rooms are virtually sound proof! Didn't hear the faintest noise during our stay.
Truly a huge bathroom made entirely of white Italian marble. Two sinks, with opaque glass doors separating the shower and toilet. This was really useful when getting ready simultaneously with the other guest in the morning. Not to mention the rain-like shower- fantastic!
With regard to technology, it is clear that the hotel is brand new, very hi-tech:
-The card readers just need to be hovered over the room number to unlock the door
- The flat screen TV has a motion senser which finds where you are in the room and angles itself towards you
- There is a TV behind the mirror in the bathroom which is invisible when not on
- There are many button options by the door you can press to let staff now to either: clean the room, do not disturb, etc.
-Free Wifi (strange how this still feels like a luxury in this day and age!)
-Personal Espresso Machine, capsules, as well as a selection of teas; milk sugar mugs etc supplied in the mini-kitchen
Other small touches like the newspapers hung on the door every morning and automatic curtains made the stay so comfortable.
The location was great, and you literally don't need to take taxi's anywhere. This makes dining/shopping in London so easy.
I am already so excited for my stay in March when I return!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining architectural heritage with contemporary design, Cafe Royal has been reincarnated as a luxury hotel in the heart of London's West End with the elegance of Mayfair to the west and the creativity of Soho to the east. Grand historic areas have been sensitively restored while 160 guestrooms, including 49 suites and six signature suites have been created in a contemporary yet refined style. Our guestrooms start from approximately 35 sq m / 377 sq ft to 212 sq m / 2,281sq ft with every room presenting itself as a suite. Continuing its celebrated legacy, Hotel Cafe Royal offers a selection of restaurants and bars for guests to enjoy. At the heart of the hotel, the Ten Room offers British informal dining all-day, while the Green Bar is the perfect place to relax and unwind with a cocktail. Restored to revive the ornate Louis XVI decor and detailing, the iconic Oscar Wilde Bar (formerly the legendary Grill Room, originally established in 1865), is now the place to enjoy Champagne, cocktails and a light menu of British dishes and live entertainment on select evenings. The Cafe, on Regent Street, revives the European tradition of cafe culture. To complete the experience, the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre is an urban retreat in the centre of the capital spanning over 1,200 sq m / 13,000 sq ft featuring a large lap pool, sauna and Hammam/steam room and offering a range of signature treatments. Reflecting a core vision to harmoniously unite the four natural elements of nature, Akasha features four corresponding spaces; lounge/earth, spa/water, gym/fire, yoga/air. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Splitty, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Cafe Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cafe Royal Hotel London