Hotel Cafe Royal
US$259
US$225
galahotels.com
1,530 results
All reviewsregent streetoscar wildeafternoon teapiccadilly circusakasha spagrill roombathroom mirrorjunior suitehigh techin room diningluxury hotelbeautiful hotelbottle of champagneamazing locationwest endthe ritzcovent garden
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Eager to check out the recently reborn establishment, and we were not disappointed! A masterpiece of old character melded with new influences - seemed to work for fussy nostalgic romantics like me. Early check in off a long-haul flight was no issue and at no point did anything seem too difficult. The butler offered to unpack luggage and although this was declined (having already accumulated more stuff than sensible), one got the impression that service here was enacted in the most natural fashion. Our celebration was enhanced in so effortless a fashion that this could easily be the pick for many more in the future. The location is unbeatable for walking (usually better than the cab!) or the tube. Everywhere you turn in the neighbourhood, there's always something magnificent to behold. Then on to any number of Michelin-starred places to lunch or dine. Hope this hotel lives on and on until the next rebirth.

Room Tip: A choice of darker wood panelling or lighter stone walls. Marble bath a luxury.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LGRL100313
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Café Royal hotel and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for your kind comments regarding all the hotel facilities and I am very happy to learn of your appreciation for the design and added touches; I hope these enhanced the comfort of your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had lunch in the "Ten Room" here after pre-booking. The food was excellent, as may be expected in a renowned establishment such as this. The service, also, was appropriately formal, but also friendly, helpful and swift - not that we were in any undue hurry in any case. Above all, the head waiter, Ollie, was particularly kind and obliging, and, after my wife mentioned that she had been exceptionally well looked after on a previous visit, took the time to show her the amazingly decorated dining room that she had visited on that earlier occasion, which was well above the call of duty and much appreciated. Excellent in every way.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I’m so pleased to read you enjoyed every element of the Ten Room. I shall pass on your kind words to all the team, particularly Ollie. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

With warmest wishes,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This was our second time visiting this historical place that now looks more gorgeous than ever before. On our first visit (December 2012) we were among the first guests after the reopening of this property. While the first visit was a major disappointment we returned to this place (July 2013) to give it a second chance. It had improved a lot but still some work was to be done.
I am sure that next time we visit this place the spa is open together with all the restaurants and the soft service will be more genuine and coming straight from the hearts of each and every single employee. Then a will give this place top rating.
I do recommend you to stay at this place or even just visit for a nice meal. This place is breathing so much history but still is so gorgeous. The location is one of the best in this lovely city. The rooms are extraordinary with the latest technology together with ultra luxurious ingridients such as top quality bed linen (egyptian cotton), carrara marble bathroom, large TVs, and so on, just like a Leading Hotel should be.
Extra thumbs up for the very good concierge and the guys working at the entrance area. Very helpful with taking photos for us and giving different ideas/hints when asked about help.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts. It was very interesting for me to read that you were one of the first to visit the hotel and I thank you for returning to the hotel, not just a second but a third too. I’m thrilled that we have finally met your expectations and hope you will return many more times so we can exceed them in the future. I will pass your kind words on to the concierge and front office team.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked into the Cafe Royal with little research for a last minute trip to London staying 8 days and it was an absolute standout. Easily in the top five considering I would visit 20-60 hotels a year.

The staff were exceptional - super helpful, friendly and subtle. Rooms were more than adequate given it's central location (also brilliant by the way - stay here if you are doing a theatre weekend) but we were blown away by the food at their in-house restaurant. Simply amazing food!!!

Also - I have NEVER stayed at a hotel where they will 'cook whatever I want for in-room dining, as long as they have the ingredients"

Seriously - if I could give this place 10/5 for service, it would still not be enough :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PerthPhil

It was a delight to read your review and I thank you for taking the time to share your positive thoughts. I will pass on your kind words to all the teams and hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Not sure what else I could add. Great Room, Great Hotel, Great Service!

Ah the gym was nice too, and the cafe had a great view onto Regent street and amazing croissants.

They have an interesting bar with various absynthe - i guess a tribute to the hotel's history...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ashafrir

Thank you for taking the time to pen your thoughts, it was a pleasure to read your kind and positive words. Very much hope you indulged and enjoyed our iconic Absinthe offering, as you have guessed this is in tribute to Oscar Wilde (famed patron) and other creatives who frequented and favoured the Green Fairy on their visits here.