Hotel Cafe Royal
US$308
US$256
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross(London)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$97
US$339
US$317
1,495 results
All reviewsregent streetoscar wildeafternoon teapiccadilly circusakasha spabathroom mirrorjunior suitehigh techin room diningluxury hotelbottle of champagnebeautiful hotelamazing locationwest endthe ritzcovent gardendoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

An experience to remember! Amazing décor, and a very friendly welcome. The service was excellent. Ollie professional yet friendly and whilst attentive very discreet. A chilled glass of champagne followed by a tier of sandwiches, warm scones with jam and clotted cream and finished off with a selection of miniature cake fancies- all absolutely delicious. Huge pot of tea of our choice and relaxing to the dulcet jazz tunes being played by the musician. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela T
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to share your kind comments on your most recent visit to Café Royal hotel. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the whole experience, including the service and I have passed on your kind comments to Ollie who also joins me in thanking you for your feedback. I hope to welcome you back here to enjoy another chilled glass of champagne in the not too distant future

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Café Royal is one of the most amazing properties I have encountered in London. The location is simply London's best, as you are right in the middle of the shopping (Regent Street/Oxford Street), dining (Piccadilly) and entertainment (West End/Leistersquare) areas.
The rooms are superb will all the amenities you require. They are spacious and have a comfortable and large bathroom (with rain shower).
Its restaurants and bars are unique and pleasant to be in. There is a great coffee café which also attracts guests from outside, the cocktails in the Oscar Wilde Bar are the best we have ever tasted and the Ten Room service an a la carte English breakfast. How often do you see that?
The Hotel's highlight in our opinion must be the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Center. That is really European unlike and can easily be compared with spa's in the Middle East and Asia. It is truly an oasis in the middle of the hustle and bustle of London’s most busy disctrict, which as you probably know is 24hrs around the clock.
We can really recommend this place to anyone and it comes as no surprise that Café Royal is the little brother of the luxurious Conservatorium Hotel in Amsterdam. Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you really want to spoil yourself, book The Dome Suite....
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Undutchables2000

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent experience staying at Café Royal hotel and thank you for sharing how much you appreciated the décor of the guestrooms including our Carrara marble bathrooms. I read with pleasure that you were able to enjoy coffee in The Café as well as cocktails in the Oscar Wilde Bar and breakfast in the Ten Room. I agree that we’re very lucky to have such beautiful spa in the middle of London and I am delighted that you feel the same. I look forward to welcoming you back to Café Royal hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great place to stay in the Picadilly Circus area of London. Close to many areas and a short ride to others. The staff here is just wonderful! Very helpful and we never ran across anyone that wasn't pleasant and happy. Even at 2am! We definitely will stay here on our next trip.

• Stayed: May 2014
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Many thanks for sharing your experience of your recent visit to Café Royal hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the experience especially the central London location as well as the services from all of us. I will be delighted to share your review with my team and I look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was our third stay at Café Royal. It took them a long time to finish everything but they've done a great job. The new Spa/Gym area is phantastic, one of the most beautiful I have ever come across. The gym is not only stunning, but functional and many membership gyms won't be able to compete with Café Royal's standards here.

One thing I've complained about in my last review was service at breakfast. And I'm very happy to report that they have overcome this problem. Service is friendly, there when needed and, most important, they don't seem to mess up things any more. So 5 points for breakfast as well now.

So it's a five overall now and our new favorite hotel in London.

From an architecture point of view, I think one thing could have been done better, however, although I don't know whether the preservation regulations stood in their way: I would have moved the main entrance, reception and lobby area to where the restaurant is now, with lots of chairs and tables to allow serving afternoon tea etc. in the lobby. The hotel now lacks a proper lobby for people watching and a "Grand Hotel" atmosphere. The current reception area, while beautifully designed, is a bit odd and out of place and can easily become crouded due to lack of space.

The restaurant, where breakfast is currently served, I would have moved up to "The Club", an area above the current restaurant that is more or less unused at this point, yet very beautiful. One could also serve breakfast in the lobby, thus killing to birds with one stone (more covers for breakfast).

But that's just my thoughts and I'm neither architect nor hotel manager ;-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ralf H

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your most recent stay at Café Royal hotel and I am delighted that not only is this your third visit but we are also your favourite London hotel.
I am very pleased you enjoyed breakfast and that your experience of the service has improved since your last visit and with The Club opening shortly, you will be able to dine in Domino on your return. I appreciate your constructive feedback on the hotel architecture; the design was completed by world famous David Chipperfield Architects where the brief was to achieve a perfect balance between 21st Century style whilst retaining the grand historic public rooms of the 1860s and 1920s, which were painstakingly restored in collaboration with historic building architects, Donald Insall Associates. The building is listed due to its special architectural and historic interest and as you identified, we are restricted as to what external structural changes are available. I very much look forward to welcoming you back for your 4th visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Superb hotel, superb staff, a real 5*. Expensive but you do get what you pay for.
Some of the lighting controls took a bit of familiarisation, but everything worked perfectly, everything was immaculately clean and the bed was SO comfortable.

Excellent location and my home from home from now on.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience staying at Café Royal hotel and I am very pleased that your experience has now made us your home from home in London. I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the lighting in our guestrooms and I very much look forward to welcoming you here again in the not too distant future.