“Five star service!!!”

Ranked #49 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Five star service!!!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Cafe Royal is located at Regent Street. This is a very busy street, but inside the hotel rooms you can not hear anything from the noise. We had a Junior Suite, with a view on Regent Street. The rooms are really modern and enjoyable. Service was great! Only did not experience the Akasha Spa, as it was not open yet. Please do try a massage here, if the service is the same as in the hotel, you should really relax here! Overall: a really nice hotel to stay in the city centre in London! :-)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Café Royal hotel during your stay with us. I am very pleased to read of your appreciation for the Junior Suite and the whisper-quiet soundproofing - a feature throughout the hotel. I have passed on your kind words to the team who join me in thanking you for your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back to Café Royal hotel soon.

Anthony Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Huay Xai, Laos
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had a great weekend while staying at the hotel Café Royal. Everything was amazing and exceeded my expectations. The room was beautiful and had a great view over Picadilly Circus, I especially loved the bathroom and all the amenities present in the room. The breakfast was excellent, both the food and service. I was also impressed by the services of the concierge, they arranged several restaurant bookings for us and reserved the best tables available. Finally, I loved the Akasha spa, we did not plan to spend a lot of time in the spa but in the end we did because it was so relaxing!
I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. (and I hope to be back one day!)

Room Tip: Ask for view on Piccadilly Circus
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nina v
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Café Royal hotel with us. I am heartened by your kind comments regarding our staff and the facilities on offer throughout the hotel including your very relaxing time at the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. I am most pleased we were able to demonstrate how important customer service is to us and I have passed on your feedback to the team members, who join me in thanking you for your kind patronage. We hope to welcome you back to Café Royal hotel in the not too distant future

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is indeed an oasis in the hubbub of Regent st.
We were upgraded to a lovely suite which is one of quietest rooms I've ever stayed in. Comfy bed & super facilities with butlers kitchen and nice smellies.
Good reception & door men but a little less friendly in the restaurant and bar.. Why I don't know? But in a busy hotel I guess that's not unusual. The swimming pool etc is fantastic.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelLover1_7
Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review on Café Royal hotel, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and we were able to host your birthday. I look forward to welcoming you back to Café Royal hotel on many more occasions.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was travelling on a business trip to a couple of major cities in Europe. Whist in London, I Stayed here for a couple of nights last month.
Fantastic. Not to be missed
Design is quite incredible. Loved the bathrooms most of all. Bath was made out of a single piece of marble. What it must have been like to be roman.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your positive review after your recent stay at Café Royal hotel. I am so pleased to read your appreciation of the hotel and of the Carrara marble bathroom featured in all our guestrooms. For your information there is some 1,000 tonnes of marble featured throughout the hotel! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Café Royal hotel in the near future.

Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This may sound a strange title for a review, but it is largely due to the excellent staff, their consideration and attention to detail, that my husband and myself had such a wonderful evening during a weekend in London to celebrate my husbands 70th birthday in March. We reserved a table for dinner, (having eaten at the Cafe Royal a few years ago, before the refurbishment, and saying that we would return again one day, when funds would allow). From being greeted at the door, being introduced to the staff in the restaurant, each one of them wishing my husband a happy birthday (what a nice touch this was when I had only mentioned in passing when I booked that this was a special night). The meal was excellent and as a final touch, chocolates were served with coffee, and the chef had written 'happy birthday' in chocolate on the serving plate.
I don't think that either of us will forget the evening, and will look forward to a return visit asap.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SEB00150
Anthony L, Front Office Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I am delighted to read how much you and your husband enjoyed your birthday celebrations at Café Royal hotel and thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments on the service from our team here. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the whole experience from the welcome at the door, the food and the celebration chocolates to finish. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you both here on your next visit.

HAIFA
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels we have been in.
The best in London.
Near Piccadily and the Mayfair.
Great team. Great food at brrakfast,. Very ckean
Great location my score 100% !!
We will surely come again.
Eyal

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind words on your most recent visit to Café Royal hotel. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience especially the service from our team, the central London location and your breakfast. I will share your comments with the team and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay. Perfectly located in the heart of the West End with luxurious and beautifully furnished rooms of the highest specification. The pool is something very special. Service of the highest standard. Highly recommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience of staying at Café Royal hotel. I am very pleased to read your kind comments and to read how much you appreciated the décor and furnishing of our rooms as well as the service from our team. I am pleased you had an opportunity to enjoy the swimming pool in our Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre and I look forward to your next visit.