“A stylish and comfortable sanctuary in the centre of joy.....”
Review of Hotel Cafe Royal

Hotel Cafe Royal
Ranked #53 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is a splendidly ‘tucked-away’ luxurious sanctuary, set in the middle of the buzzing retail and bright-lights joy of London’s West End. Step inside....peace, style, comfort and history. Step outside......bustle, buzz, shopping-central, theatres a-plenty, eateries galore...all within a stride of the hotel’s front door. This is a great choice for a spree stay in London. We travelled as a family group across 4 rooms, all good of a good standard, suites with direct views onto the bright lights and buzz outside [BUT – perfectly quiet at all times]. I strongly recommend the hotel and staff services. Their ‘host’ team were impeccable, with Mr. David Doyle an exemplary character who organised and managed details for us. I could go on; but in a nutshell....just read the review title again. Says it all.

Room Tip: The view onto Regents Street is part of the enjoyment - try to secure an upper floor suite overlooki...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience staying at Café Royal hotel. I am delighted to read you appreciated the location in the heart of London and how much you and your family enjoyed the guestrooms and suites as well as the service from our hosts. I have shared your feedback with David Doyle and I very much look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Anthony Lee

Write a ReviewReviews (1,417)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Unbeatable location, with amazing noise isolation! The rooms were spacious, well decorated. I've stayed in this hotel twice so far, and will definitely come back soon. Super-friendly staff, which is a bit unusual for London hotels! Great service overall. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your most recent visit to Café Royal hotel. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the location as well as the room décor and the service from all the team here. It will be my pleasure to share your review with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Café Royal hotel soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband took me here for a surprise birthday night away. Parking had been pre-booked for the NCP literally a few minutes walk away. Upon arrival at the hotel (which i would say as the best location for london) we were slightly early so our room wasnt ready so we chose to eat in the attached cafe until our room was available. Once ready we were shown all area's of the hotel, bar, restaurant, spa and our room. Once in our room we were shown what we had available, how to work everything including tvs, remote curtains etc. After some light shopping on Regents Street we went back to the bar for a couple of drinks before dinner. Very pleasant and chatty staff. After dinner we chose to have a few drink in the Oscar Wilde bar which had a dj, so that was lovely. Back in our room that evening and there was a lovely choclate cake with happy birthday, which tasted amazing. The turn down service was wonderful and they had completely cleaned up our room for our return. Breakfast the following morning in the hotel was fine, very quiet, nothing amazing but it was nice. My husband had booked us a couples massage for after breakfast. On arrival in the spa we completed the relevant forms and we were indivually shown our way to the changing area and the pre-treatment room. We had a little time to kill so took to the jacuzzi which was lovely. Time for our treatment and we were greeted by two lovely ladies who suggested we take a drink with us into the treatment room, they then talked to us indivudally about our treatments and what was involved and area's we felt we wanted for attention. My how fast that did that time go by, far to quickly i tell you. It was a wonderful body massage and both me and my husband felt great afterwards. At all times all staff very incredibally kind polite and couldnt do enough for you. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples. Thank you for a lovely staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for sharing your positive comments on you and your husband’s recent stay at Café Royal hotel. I am delighted you chose us for your birthday celebrations and to read you had the chance to enjoy dining in The Café and restaurant as well as drinks in the Green Bar during your visit. I read with pleasure how much you and your husband enjoyed your body massages in the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre as well as the service from our therapists. I will be sure to share your kind comments with everyone here and I very much look forward to welcoming you both back to Café Royal hotel again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I liked the hotel so much that I am coming back for the second time in a month. This is a longer stay, 4.days to be precise. Not yet had a meal therefore cannot vouch for the food served. The rooms are spanking new with very nice conveniences like motion sensors, electric curtains, b&o tele, a in mirror tele in the washroom & crucially for the last two times both my room & bathroom have been fairly large, not just to London standards; inspire of opting for the most basic room category. Location wise this is simply superb as everything ( Mayfair, soho, oxford street, Leicester sq) is walkable. The beds are comfortable & the staff are polite & friendly. Although I must say in some places the old and the new mix somewhat uneasily & I thought that the reception area is somewhat stark. All in all one of the best properties in London.

• Stayed: April 2014
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us, it was such a pleasure to read your comments. I am so pleased to see you found our guestrooms to your liking and you think of us as 'one of the best properties in London'. I will certainly share your feedback with the team! I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The service is very good and the staff friendly. We felt as king and queen in the luxury room and while hanging out in the Akasha. This hotel is recommended to the travelere that is looking for this little bit extra.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Café Royal hotel. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your kind words to members of the team. I am particularly pleased to learn of your appreciation of the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Café Royal hotel.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Cafe Royal is located at Regent Street. This is a very busy street, but inside the hotel rooms you can not hear anything from the noise. We had a Junior Suite, with a view on Regent Street. The rooms are really modern and enjoyable. Service was great! Only did not experience the Akasha Spa, as it was not open yet. Please do try a massage here, if the service is the same as in the hotel, you should really relax here! Overall: a really nice hotel to stay in the city centre in London! :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Café Royal hotel during your stay with us. I am very pleased to read of your appreciation for the Junior Suite and the whisper-quiet soundproofing - a feature throughout the hotel. I have passed on your kind words to the team who join me in thanking you for your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back to Café Royal hotel soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had a great weekend while staying at the hotel Café Royal. Everything was amazing and exceeded my expectations. The room was beautiful and had a great view over Picadilly Circus, I especially loved the bathroom and all the amenities present in the room. The breakfast was excellent, both the food and service. I was also impressed by the services of the concierge, they arranged several restaurant bookings for us and reserved the best tables available. Finally, I loved the Akasha spa, we did not plan to spend a lot of time in the spa but in the end we did because it was so relaxing!
I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. (and I hope to be back one day!)

Room Tip: Ask for view on Piccadilly Circus
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nina v

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Café Royal hotel with us. I am heartened by your kind comments regarding our staff and the facilities on offer throughout the hotel including your very relaxing time at the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. I am most pleased we were able to demonstrate how important customer service is to us and I have passed on your feedback to the team members, who join me in thanking you for your kind patronage. We hope to welcome you back to Café Royal hotel in the not too distant future