“Perfect location, excellent staff, will be back”
Review of Hotel Cafe Royal

Hotel Cafe Royal
Ranked #51 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Family of five stayed four nights in two rooms. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Location could not be better with main grand entrance off of Regent Street and convenient side entrance from Air Street. Were able to walk to most of the restaurants, shopping and theater during our stay. Staff is omnipresent without being intrusive and incredibly polite and helpful. Rooms are pure luxury with lots of gadgets and top-notch creature comforts. Had busy schedule so did not get to eat at the restaurant or try the pool which looked amazing but good reasons to come back. Highly recommend and compliments to the team.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for sharing comments on your recent stay at Hotel Cafe Royal. I am delighted to see how much you and your family enjoyed the experience, especially our central London location nearby shops and the theatre. I have shared your kind review with the team here and I hope to see you again on your next visit when perhaps you can enjoy dining in our restaurants and a visit to the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The hotel is beautiful, very large rooms and bathrooms, very clean. Right across from Piccadilly Circus. The staff and service are outstanding. They are so immediate in their response to any request you may have. They assist with anything from taxis, room service, getting tickets for events, etc. The concierge is great and assisted us with getting tickets to tour Buckingham Palace. When I arrived, I had a foot injury and was in a lot of pain when I got there and very concerned about it. Cannot say enough for how they rallied around us, getting me to the E.R., bringing ice to my room for my foot, checking on me. Their concern was genuine. Lilly is so sweet and wonderful, very professional. She left a note under the door, asking about how I was doing. Michael was amazing in the time he spent checking on us and helping us and even though the injury put a great damper on sightseeing, it was such a comfort to come back to the hotel. If you are going to be sick or have a problem, this is the hotel to be at. Everyone of the staff were great. From the time you pull up to the door in the taxi, they are right there, taking your luggage and getting the door for you. Lilly went out of her way to make sure we had a Chicago newspaper, gave us maps, helped arrange our day of sightseeing. The beds are so very comfortable and clean. Even the General Manager heard about my foot injury and I was so surprised when he stopped by at the restaurant at breakfast to check on me. Beautiful hotel, amazing location near so many great sites and we felt it was definitely worth the cost for the room. You cannot go wrong by choosing this wonderful hotel. So glad we chose Hotel Café Royal.

Room Tip: We had a room on 3rd floor, overlooking Piccadilly Circus, which was great. Even with the people an...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Many thanks for taking the time out to share such kind feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Cafe Royal. I am delighted that during your stay with us, you felt so welcomed and cared for and how much you appreciated the assistance from the team with regards to your foot injury. I do hope you are all recovered and back on your feet now. Both Lilly, Michael and the rest of the team join me in thanking you for your review and I hope this visit marks the start of many more future visits to come.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Hotel cafe royal is beautiful, elegant and very well located in the heart of London. We came here as a family with 3 children (8, 10, 13) and we had connecting rooms. The rooms were beautiful, specious, very comfortable. My husband found the space and facilities for office work very convenient. I really loved the bed - so comfortable. The bathrooms were also amazing and specious and had everything you could possibly need and more. My children especially loved the TV inside the mirror in the bathroom. The service was impeccable. We were treated like royalty. We loved the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

I am delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay at Hotel Cafe Royal including the interconnecting guestrooms for your children as well as the space and facilities for your husband to work in. I am pleased how highly you appreciated the service from the team and I shared your kind review with everyone here. I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is wonderful! the rooms are amazing.
I was most impressed with several of the staff members, mainly by Laura from the reception and Akira from the restaurant, both remember my name, their smile and their service were the best you can expect. all staff is positive and eager to help at any time.
The spa is one of the best I have even seen and all this a top (centre) location in London.
We will come back!

Room Tip: 302! the best by far....
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your kind comments on your experience staying at Hotel Cafe Royal. I am delighted to read how impressed you were with our team, especially Laura and Akira who both join me in thanking you for the feedback. I am pleased you also had the opportunity to spend time in the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre during your visit and I look forward to welcoming you here again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 6 days at this property for a second time within a couple of months. The previous stay was a short one but since I came away impressed especially with the size of the room, I opted for this property although it wasn't the most economical option. Location wise you cannot beat it. The entrance is not very grand and the lobby area has a somewhat stark appearance about it. The rooms & the toilets I stayed in 2 categories, both were spacious with all the modern conveniences one would expect and some more like motion sensors & a B&O tele. It's clean, breakfast was good but then again expensive yet I highly recommend this property which is meters away from the Piccadilly Circus tube. V

• Stayed: May 2014
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Many thanks for taking the time out to write a review of your experience at Hotel Cafe Royal. I am pleased you chose to stay with us for a second time and how much you appreciate the location in the heart of London. I am delighted you enjoyed the spacious guestroom and modern conveniences and I have shared your complimentary comments with the team here. I very much hope we see you here again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel truly is an oasis in the centre of London: one step inside and all the hustle and bustle, the constant drumming of traffic is gone. We had a room overlooking Regent Street en Picadilly, so very close to all the sights we wanted to go to, but inside it was wonderfully quiet. The room was modern, good bed, excellent badroom, lovely bath products. In one word, excellent, also because of the modern gadgets, like the tiny nightlight that shines from the console. The swimmingpool underneath is clean, easy to reach, with good shower facilities and excellent size of the lappool. It opens at 6.30, so you can perform your laps easily before breakfast. Very friendly staff too. Quick to respond when you needed a taxi!

Room Tip: Feel free to take a room with view of Regent Street, because the noise doesn't penetrate the dou...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

It is my pleasure to read your kind review of your stay at Hotel Cafe Royal and I am delighted your visit exceeded your expectations. I am pleased to see how much you appreciated the whisper quiet soundproofing in your guestroom, along with the views overlooking Piccadilly Circus and the technology in your room. It is also wonderful to read you had the opportunity to experience the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre during your stay and I hope to welcome you back here soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Last review of this hotel was near perfect because of some issues, but at arrival this tile i knew i was going to be in for a treat.

As with my disease i need a relaxed stay, check-in, room, service....this hotel ( i mean : second home :-) ) is the best.
After some chatting with one of the managers, Edward, i arrived at the hotel and was greeted immediately with a "welcome back mister vermeersch". Got a room upgrade, lovely tour room and enjoyed from start to finish.

Every time you pass by someone of the hotel, they greet you, they open the doors for you or make sure there is an elevator waiting dor you. They even treat you during the day by bringing some refreshements like water, fresh fruit and some lovely chocolates.

I also had an afternoon tea and oh my oh my, the surroundings and quality of food was spot on !
Will do it again for sure :-)

The thing i loved the most was the fact when ordering my breakfast in the ten room, i saw they didnt offer the american breakfast anymore, so i had to offer the english breakfast.
Surprisingly (i forget his name, he was french...emmanuellle ?) our waiter came back to tell me if i wanted, they would be delighted to offer me the american breakfast. This is what i call service !

As you can read, there is notting bad about this hotel. From the amazing Akasha spa, to the amazing kind and genuine love you get from te staff, to breakfast and to the rooms....don't look further :

THIS is the place to be or like i want to call it : my second home for relaxing.

See you soon !

Niek vermeersch

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

I am delighted to read your kind review of your second stay at Hotel Cafe Royal and it is wonderful to know you now regard us as your second home. I am pleased to see how much you appreciated the service from the team during your visit, especially your tour from Edward on arrival and the care and attention during breakfast in the Ten Room. I am also pleased you were able to enjoy many of our facilities including The Importance of Being Earnest afternoon tea in the Oscar Wilde Bar as well as experiencing the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. It was a pleasure to be able to share your kind comments with everyone here and I look forward to seeing you again soon.