“Just what we wanted and great value for money”
Review of Hotel 82

Hotel 82
Ranked #871 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Me and my husband decided on a last minute trip to London and found Hotel 82 on Laterooms.com. We read the reviews which were on the whole positive but with the usual nit-pickers who complain about every little aspect. The location is brilliant - just off of Baker Street and with the tube station about 5 minutes walk away. The reception area is basic and all the staff we encounteres were helpful, we arrived early but couldn't check in but we were able to lock our luggage away and come back at 2pm.

The room was small but functional. It was modern, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean - in fact it had been cleaned a little too much (the smell of bleach was a litle over bearing). There was a decent sized wardrobe with a safe and mini fridge which was unexpected.

The hotel was in a quietr location and we heard no noise at all meaning we had a peaceful night sleep.

Breakfast was a simple continental buffet but there was adequate food available and considering the price we paid it was very reasonable.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel. Don;t come here execting the Ritz having paid a minimal amount. It's great value for money and ideal if alls you want is someone convenient, clean and comfortable. We will be going back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel away from the main road.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladyv1982

Reviewed 23 December 2011

I was very impressed particularly given what I paid here (half what a central london travelodge wanted); it certainly exceeded my expectations. These sort of hotels can be really tired but this is freshly refurbished, good shower, the works. Of course it's a bit small but that's Central London at these prices. Very convenient location and friendly. I left early before breakfast, so no views there.
Would absolutely use again when I need to be in London in the evening and have to catch an early train.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Pilgrim143
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I stay in a lot of hotels for work and without doubt, this hotel has the lowest standards I have endured. Everything was scruffy. From the outside it looks modern and presentable, inside is a different story. The entrance feels like I'm about to go into the dentist with its white, sliding window reception. The finish on the building work is cheap and nasty. My carpets were stained all over. The curtains had gone yellow. The shower head was so dirty with mildew I refused to use it. The bed sheets were clean though and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was bad, in the basement with the bare minimum of cheap buffet items. Sweaty ham and cheese, warm yogurt, cheap cereal and bruised fruit.
Of course, if you are only literally using this room as a base and don't plan on spending any time in it then perhaps its fine but do not book it if you plan to wash, have a relax in your room or enjoy a cooked breakfast. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Hollylovescake
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Stayed here last week for one night when attending a conference. For what you pay considering its central london location it is value for money. The room I had was small but clean, bed was fine and the shower room adequate. The breakfast is continental only but i was expecting that as i had read the reviews on here before booking. I would definately recommend to business travellers for short stays.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I experienced the hotel for a business trip.
I consider as a good location for visiting the London city center and Hyde Park, but pretty far for visiting Londong bridges and the main objectives on Thames.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Room is quite spacious. Lift can only fit in 2 persons with luggages. Breakfast is simple and nice. Good to have coffee making facility in room. Hotel is ~10 mins walk to Baker Street station where you can find lots of restaurant/fast food chain nearby.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We booked this hotel without checking trip advisor and if we had checked we would have cancelled our reservation because the other comments are all true! The location is fantastic however that is the only positive. The receptionist was rude - she was on the phone whilst checking us in and was even speaking to the person on the phone like they were seeking asylum rather than making a booking enquiry. Our room was tiny, the LCD tv was at an angle so you couldn't actually watch it unless you stood up and the bed was on wheels so it moved around everyone you moved. The shower was by far the worst shower I've ever had - the water just trickled out making it impossible to wash! Finally the breakfast was continental which we didn't expect and the milk and yogurt was just sat out and nit refrigerated so all we ate were croissants! The second morning we just went out for breakfast. The whole stay was definitely not worth what we paid and if we'd had time on our first morning we would have moved hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011