“Great location and price for staying in London”
Review of Hotel 82

Hotel 82
Ranked #757 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Great location and price for staying in London”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I should say it's a simple and average hotel, no surprises. Perfect choice if you want to stay in London for a couple of days. I definitely recommend it. Great location at Baker street tube, reasonable price, basic breakfast at the basement floor. Our room was at the back on the ground floor, it was not noisy at all, it was nice, comfortable and clean. We spent 3 nights there. We were pleased and will surely choose it again if we want to spend a night in London for a good price and an excellent location!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 25 July 2013

As London is one of my favorite places I’ve been there several times. I know quite well the level of the hotels and did not expect too much for a “three-star” hotel...
My starting point was good location, breakfast included and clean, smokeless and quiet room. First one was quite okay (but I have had better locations at the same price) and yes - it was not allowed to smoke in this hotel. Quiet – well, they did not succeed in this one as my room was located quite near an air conditioning or similar equipment and there was a continuous hubbub in the room. This might not have bothered a person who is a sound sleeper but as I particularly asked for a quiet room (both when making the reservation and when arriving at the hotel) I was not happy with the noise, but… this could have been forgiven if only other circumstances had been more pleasant.
The most annoying, almost depressing matter was that there was no daylight in the room. Both small windows were towards an indoor service stairs. This meant that the room was very stuffy and unpleasant to stay. I complained to the staff – they were friendly – but could not do anything. To my mind this kind of thing should have been mentioned when booking a room because at least in my case I wouldn’t ever have chosen a place like this. This hotel has probably better rooms with real windows and I suggest that if you are interested in booking room at Hotel 82 London, do ask if there is going to be daylight in your room or is it more like a cupboard. For me this was “once in the lifetime experience” and I did learn something new of the hotels in London: remember to ask if the room is having an outer window. I do love London though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SaturdayBear

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Matao, SP
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel is exactly what you can expect considering its price and location: small but clean rooms and fair breakfast. Not a great hotel but has got all you need if you are looking for an economic stay in London.

• Stayed July 2013
Denmark
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed 5 nights at Hotel 82 in early June and we were perfectly happy our stay. Yes the hotel is not The Ritz - but what it lacks in comparison to Ritz (or other of that superior standard) it perfectly compensates for in location, hospitality and service.
The rooms are small but not as small as can be seen in London but well maintained and most importanly: Clean. The only negative thing that can be said of the room is the shower: The level of watersupply is not that good - very difficult to wash your hair etc. This must be corrected.
Our room was at the back of the hotel and we slept with our windows open - no noise to interupt our sleep what so ever. Not normal in a big city like London.
The breakfast was ok - not great but sufficient for a long days touring of the city. The buffet was filled all the time ans the staff was polite and nice.
The overall service of the hotel was great - we were always met with smiles and hellos and everyday the cleaning had made a new arrangement of the towels.
But the thing that hit the nail on the head is the location.
Like any other house/hotel the location tells it all and Hotel 82 is close to nearly everything: Oxford Street, the tube, buses and a small walk from Baker Street/Madame Tussauds - really great.
All in all we can and will recommend Hotel 82 - a good, decent midrange hotel with a perfect location at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night to attend a business meeting in the area. Found the hotel was dirty and of a lower standard than indicated. This may be fine for tourists but would not recommend for business stays and I do not plan to stay there again myself. Had booked this due to its location which was good and allowed me to walk to various places I had to attend comfortably. The site indicated a recent refurbishment and whilst that may have provided improvements to the general structure it was clearly not being supported by the day to day cleaning processes.

Room Tip: Room position was not an issue.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Joan M
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The venue could not be faulted for us, we were arriving in Paddington and wanting to go to Wembley Stadium for a concert. The tube connections were extremely easy for both. The hotel is clean, comfortable, the room was a decent size and there are good showers. Although the road was quite noisy, we did sleep well. Breakfast was adequate although the breakfast room would have been too small if everyone had chosen to eat breakfast at the same time.

The price was good for Central London and we would use this as a base for a night again, if the occasion arose.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
New Delhi
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The location is fantastic. The hotel has all the facilities in place but on a micro level. The rooms are well maintained and the upkeep is good. Very conveniently located near the Baker Street Tube station and walking distance from Oxford Street. If only the toilets were more spacious every thing would be perfect. The breakfast served is adequate. all in all a got place to stay in central London.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business