“Lovely place, fab pizzas”
Review of Ticino Kitchen - CLOSED

Ticino Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Manchester, UK
“Lovely place, fab pizzas”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Went in here twice during our short break in London - first for a light breakfast, based on the fact that their toast made from 'artisan' bread was baked in the 24-hour Ticino bakery over the road. It was so nice, and we really liked the feel of the place, the lovely interior and friendly Italian staff, that we booked a table for the evening to give the pizzas a try. Glad we did - had a couple of gorgeous, fresh salads for starters followed by some of the best pizzas we have had outside of Italy (in fact, they were probably better than some we have had in Italy as well!). It's a lovely place with a laid-back atmosphere and all our food was fresh, tasty and did not disappoint in any way. If we stay in this area when we go back to London, I'd definitely go here again.

• Visited May 2014

“Totall satisfaction”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I went to London over the weekend with my better half and some friends to watch The Lion King in theater!
During our saty we asked the hotel doorman if he knew of any good restaurants close by.
He mentioned that Ticino is only a 5 minute walk away, so we thought let's give it a go!!

Well what can I say it was absolutely some of the best food I have ever eaten!!!!! the flavors were incredible and portion size was spot on, the whole restaurant had a very pleasant atmosphere and was totally light by candle light making it feel warm and friendly. The staff were tentative and very helpful. Not to mention the restaurant was pretty full.

Being in London you would think it would be expensive but I tell you this for the 4 of us having a starter and a main with 2 drinks each it only cost us £95.70 incredible value for money.
I would deffinalty recommend this if you in the area. This restaurant is locted not far from tower bridge.

This is on my top list of restaurant's!! and I 100% would recommend this to anyone looking for a chilled night out with some friends or a romantic dinner for couples A*****

Porto, Portugal
“LOVED this place”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our starters came to kick off an evening of delight - this is proper no-fuss Italian food. We nibbled on bits of pecorino, gorgonzola and prosciutto crudo of the best quality I've had in a while, accompanied by some delicious homemade bread and the yummiest zucchini fritti ever. Then my friend and I shared a truly moreish pork ragù pasta. Friendly service and reasonably priced. I can't wait to go back. :)

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good Italian”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very nice addition to Bermondsey Street's eateries. Excellent pizzas with interesting toppings, great pastas. Have eaten a couple times now and did several take away pizzas and all good. Very reasonable priced for the size of the portions they give. Sometimes they even sell the bread from their bakery across the road.
The restaurant can become very hot though with the heat from the pizza oven and amount of people in there. Hope they start to use the aircon soon. I think booking will soon be essential.

• Visited April 2014
“Decent pizza!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great selection of authentic italian pizzas with good quality toppings and bases all at a reasonable price.

• Visited April 2014