“Fantastic dinning experience”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southwark
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I've been to Ticino's twice now and for sure the service has improved, first time in April went there with my inlaws, we got a table straight away got our drinks and meals ordered but then the staff forgot we existed, the food was escellent though... Last week was a entire new deal, went there with my wife and we were treated like guests, staff was very friendly taking our orders always with a smile, the food was excellent again and their wine list convinced my wife to come back...
Will be back definitely .

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Pizza was good although the variety was limited and the guys there were so nice. I would recommend it and will definitely go back.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Monday night dinner, walked in and seated right away. Then it seemed like we were invisible. We had to get up and ask for service. Server then cam and took our order and apologized for the delay. We order, meals, wine and water for the table. Had to once again get their attention and ask for water. Meals were very good. Once they get the service on track, Ticino should do very well.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We booked a Friday night meal in here the other week with my girlfriend and some friends of ours. We've tried most of the restaurants on Bermondsey Street past and present and had heard good reports about Ticino since they opened. Sure enough it was a great evening.

Food was wonderful especially the tempura monkfish starter, tomato bruschetta and pizzas although I thought my pasta and ragu was pretty mediocre. Having their own bakery opposite means you're not short of some awesome bread to enjoy. Unfortunately they have a proper licence now so it's no longer BYO but the wines weren't massively expensive - we went for a couple of bottles of the more expensive chianti but it was worth it.

The service was brilliant, genuinely friendly Aussie chaps mainly, no waiting a long time for the food etc. we felt they really deserved a tip.

It has a cosier ambience than the equally brilliant Amisha on Grange Road and the pizzas are a bit better, but the rest of the food is perhaps a little less homely and a little more expensive. I would definately go again - booking advised as I'm sure it will get busier and busier.

1  Thank Jamie P
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were looking for a restaurant in Bermondsey last Sunday and came across Ticinos. The staff were immediately accomodating, even though we hadnt booked. The food was mainly pizzas and pasta dishes. The pizza was made on a sour dough base which we liked very much. The Pizzas were excellent and the young man who served us gave us just the right amount of attention.
Good value. Will definetly return.