“Cocktail master class - Mixology”
Review of The Shoreditch

The Shoreditch
Ranked #982 of 1,284 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on Shoreditch's popular high street lays The Shoreditch. A quirky, contemporary, eclectic tiki style cocktail bar upstairs, whilst downstairs lives the heart and soul of the venue. The underground basement club offers a sultry alternative to your standard meeting spaces and can cater to a diverse range of events.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cocktail master class - Mixology”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I attended a Mixology cocktail masterclass with a group as part of a stag do in April 2014 and the experience blew my mind! I'm not usually, at all, interested in alcohol in general but this day was not about me, it was about the gentleman who was engaged to be married.This wasn't a usual group either, we really did test the fabric of the course as among us we had a pregnant lady, muslims, alcoholics, and worst of all the health conscious gym bunny (me) who in usual circumstances, avoids any relationship with alcohol (seriously, 1 beer every 3 months was about my consumption level). However, I put my reservations aside and 'oh boy' am I glad I did!

If you're looking for a group experience to share for a special occasion or team building exercise, then this is a must! We each learned how to make four amazing cocktails, while nibbling on antipasti and being given a brief history of their origins, and were also given a 'formula' to follow that we could later use in a 'group challenge' to invent our own. Being the creative person that I am, freelance designer, this was the best part of the day for me. Our 'Malibu Cocktease' remains a popular topic months later (yes!- we won the challenge!) and I've even purchased the ingredients at home to serve my guests for equally-special occasions. Thanks Mixology, it was an experience to remember!

Visited April 2014
4 Thank David S

Hamilton, New Zealand
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Funky Bar with Good Happy Hour”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This bar is so 'East London'.
Great atmosphere and funky decorations around the place.
Staff are efficient and happy hour drinks are a steal for London!
Highly recommend this bar for a drink or 6 ;-)

Visited December 2013