“Disappointed...”
Review of Tap East

Tap East
Ranked #374 of 1,300 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I had a lot of high hopes for this place. A craft beer pub in the heart of a shopping centre in contrast to the generic chains.

Now I don't want to sound harsh, but the atmosphere was sorely lacking. It was completely opened up to the centre with strongly lit lights so didn't even feel like a bar.

I like to try new beers out, so I always ask for recommendations. The barman seemed very disinterested in contrast to other bars (Brewdog, Meantime for example and also The Rake in Borough market who own Tap East!)

For a brewpub you would expect the bar staff to have some sort of enthusiasm for beer. The Oakham pale ale we had was nice, but the overall experience meant that a planned leisurely few drinks was cut short, We got the tube to Liverpool street to have an evening of drinks in Brewdog instead!

1  Thank travellernick121