“BAD service - far better places nearby” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Riverside, Vauxhall
Ranked #486 of 1,269 Nightlife in London
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BAD service - far better places nearby”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've been here twice now, both times I've found it frustrating and disappointing - here's why:

1. There is no table service, not even for food
2. When you get to the bar, it taken an age! I was here earlier tonight, and I waited 10 yes ten full minutes (I checked the big clock by the bar) to get served!!! I mean, that is just not on. In the end I would have walked out if it wasn't for the group of friends who were already there. And the other time I went there (on a Sunday) there was ONE person on the bar to take all the drinks and food orders for this huge venue. Ridiculous.
3. When you come to pay at the bar, they don't seem to be able to show you the actual bill if you open a tab, so you have to trust them that it's correct.
4. The food isn't that great. I had a burger, which was burnt on the outside and had gherkins that overpowered everything (and I like gherkin!).
5. The other establishments that neighbour it are far better, and offer things like decent food and table service.
6. It's no cheaper than the aforementioned places.

It looks nice, but the effort ends there - and so will my patronage.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Steve M

London, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Lovely spot to relax after the Tate Britain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Riverside is wonderful, the food we had was fresh and tasty, calamari and fish and chips, the menu was more adventurous but we were pressed fro time. The beer was in good condition and it was lovely to sit outside along the Thames overlooking Pimlico and Victoria without the roads along the rest of the Southbank.

Visited May 2014
England, United Kingdom
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Good food, friendly service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here many times, as I work in the area so it's a good after work option. It's usually pretty busy and the atmosphere is relaxed. We ate recently as part of a large group and the service was excellent. The food is average - not a huge menu but usually something to please everyone, though only 1 vegetarian option which was a rather uninspiring pea risotto so possibly not the best choice for veggies. Wine list is good. Summer is the best time to visit when you can sit out on the terrace overlooking the Thames.

Visited February 2014