“Cool with a Boom”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Cool with a Boom”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I went there few motnhs ago, I had so much fun!
the music was ok but it's the company who does really matter!
We both ice skated once before so we were quite bad :) but it was lovely, it was a sunny morning (difficult to have in London!), the background was magic...everything wonderful until I bumped against another man and we both fell down, I had to got to the first AID, the nurse was really nice and fortunately it was nothing serious. It all happend at the end of the session but they were keen to let us go in again

London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“BEST CLUB NIGHT ICE SKATING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Had a blast. Was my first time ice skating. Music/DJ was awesome. Lots of other young people. 10pm on a winters night a week prior to Christmas!

dorset united kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very pretty ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We visited somerset house for new years eve and it was very pretty. The food and drink were fine and the staff were very friendly

Horsham, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Appalling approach to customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Every year I go skating with my Mum and 2 children to leisure parks that have rinks to really celebrate the festive season. Somerset House has always been at the back of my mind but I have been waiting for my girls to be old enough to a) venture up to London and b) enjoy the skating experience. I was therefore very excited this year to book tickets to Somerset House having read up on the website etc.

We booked in November when availability was still very tight but we managed to get tickets for 23 December. Unfortunately, this was the week when the poor weather conditions really kicked in so the night before and on the morning of our travels, I tried to find out if, indeed, the rink was going to be open. There was no information on the website and the phone number for Somerset House only offered an answer phone service that said no-one would be manning the phones until 10.00am which was too late given we were catching a train at 9.00am.

We decided that since Winter Wonderland had announced its closure on this day that it was highly unlikely that Somerset House would be open. The fact that there were also weather warnings broadcast everywhere recommending people stay at home, we thought it was wise to take this advice and not risk travelling up to London when our return journey was highly likely to to be compromised.

Obviously, we were very disappointed that this special treat was not going to happen but this was nothing compared to the feeling of complete disregard after the event. After Christmas, I contacted Somerset House to see what the situation was with regard to our tickets. I received an email explaining that they operate a policy of no refunds or exchanges but that, as a gesture of good will, they would like to exchange as many tickets as possible, subject to availability!

I was asked to provide dates and times for exchanging our tickets but only from Monday 30 Dec until Sunday 5 Jan (offered to me on 31 Dec). I gave specific dates and times only to be offered a slot on 4 January for 5 January at a time that was not convenient for me and my party!!!

The end result is that I have lost £61.50 (ticket price) but more importantly lost all interest in attending this venue in the future. A huge disappointment and let down!

To add some irony to the situation, I received an email on 4 January asking me to rate my experience of skating at Somerset House! Needless to say, I gave my feedback!

3 Thank D0nna1975
London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best holiday skating in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Over the years my family have tried various ice rinks during the Christmas period yet we always end up coming back to Somerset House. A good sized rink, helpful staff, great access for spectators, including a large indoor bar area for mulled wine, hot chocolates or whatever else takes your fancy. Beautiful setting. Highly recommend it.