“Handy location”

Travelodge London City Airport Hotel
Ranked #473 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 June 2014

A refurbished Travelodge, these are much better now.
Not much else in the near vicinity but it had a bar/dinner area, reasonable choice of food. Ample parking charges £7.50 per 24 hours, nearest station for public transport was the DLR at the airport which was a 10 minute walk away.
Pleasant staff, nice and clean accommodation and lobby area. Really comfy bed, nice bright room. Could hardly hear the planes taking off/landing.
Usual Travelodge amenities......although my room had a bath, which was unusual.

I would stay here again, it was £40 cheaper than the Stratford Travelodge when I booked it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bootrek

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The standard of this travelodge is 5 star! I cannot fault anything and I have stayed in quite a few good hotels. I stayed here a few years ago and it has been completely renovated and is fresh and bright. Highly recommended and a bargain at the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Teresa G
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed in travel lodge,city airport & I was pleasantly surprised. Big,clean room with very comfortable bed. Spotlessly clean bath/shower. I did enjoy my weekend as I slept really good. Will surely go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Irene O
Reviewed 2 June 2014

had a lovely weekend break at london city hotel, staff were very helpfull and welcoming hotel was nice and clean and breakfast was great best travellodge ive stayed in. will always use this one when staying in london. thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

London City Airport is not the easiest of places to get to from some parts of the the South so I was glad to arrive after a 2.5 hour journey.

You can see the Travel Lodge from the DLR which you need to remember in the morning when you throw the curtains open and see the startled faces of the poor passengers seeing you in your nightie if you are on that side of the hotel..........

At certain times - the taxi drivers at the airport will not take the fare as it is a short journey for them so it is 10 - 15 minutes walk along a busy road - in the rain it is not ideal. Easy enough to find but I would not have liked to walk that route in the dark

Only one person on reception and a few checking in at the same time so check in took 10
minutes by the time it was my turn.

Once checked in - all good - room was very clean and comfortable, good shower, enough towels.
The hotel was very busy but they have the soundproofing just right and it was very quiet during the night.

We ate in the bar/cafe. Food was fine and decent service - staff are lovely and very helpful and it is not the Ritz!

We were able to book a taxi for the morning so overall it is a great, clean and cost effective place to stay for easy access to City Airport.

Room Tip: Rooms are either facing the DLR line (it is very close!) which seem to be even numbers and rooms on...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ME7477
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Me and the wife stayed there for one night in May prior to an early morning flight.

Catch a taxi from the train station which is in the airport if you have luggage.Otherwise it's a good 10-15 minute walk to the hotel.

Check in was quick and all staff were polite.

Our en suite room was really clean,which we appreciate but there was no air conditioning fitted.But I was immediately supplied with a portable desk fan,with no cost.

There is a small bar in the restaurant and our evening meal was fine.

The receptionist pre-booked an early morning taxi for us and overall,this budget hotel was fine.We have stayed in more expensive 4&5 star hotels which were not as clean as this Travelodge.

Well done to all staff concerned.

I have one gripe though.The gentlemans toilet just by recption was in a mess on the evening that I used it.There were several hand sized pieces of wet toilet paper on the floor of the toilet.

Which is such a shame as our room,the reception,the bar area & restaurant were all very clean.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces the airport which is about 200 yards away,while the rear faces the trai...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights in room 209 (at the front overlooking the airport - rooms at the back overlook the DLR rapid transit system)

In terms of location, it is excellent for LCY airport -perhaps a brisk 10minute walk with cabin baggage. I would not want to be wheeling cases - there are major roads to cross but if you are reasonably mobile it is not an issue. The DLR stops at LCY and also at the slightly closer PONTOON DOCK station.

In terms of access to central London, I was at South Kensington tube station less than 1 hour from leaving the hotel (it is in zone 3 on the tube network), so i would say it's location is not that bad and as such represents good value for money.

The room was clean and exactly as expected, except I thought rooms had a/c - wrong. It was warm when I stayed and having the window open me and a lot of aircraft noise (not unexpected for an airport hotel which is why I was expecting a/c).

Shampoo and soap were provided and I would say the shower was functional rather than powerful - but it worked, was clean and there was plenty of hot water.

Breakfast was a standard buffet - scrambled eggs, grilled tomato, baked beans, unsmoked back bacon (very thin - but you just have more slices) and what were very acceptable sausages. All was hot and continuously replenished. Continental options included the usual croissants and muffins, yoghurts, toast (jam, honey, nutella etc) and tinned fruits. Juice was from a dispenser and there were 2 coffee machines.

Slightly annoying having sky news blaring in the food area but you sooner tune out of it.

There is a bar and food service in the evening which I did not use - but for the duration of my stay the bar had no ice.

The stall were all cheery and helpful. I found the hotel clean and what I expected - I have no major grumbles (save the ice and no a/c), but at the price I paid, I cannot really complain and would probably stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business