“Great choice when using LCY”

Travelodge London City Airport Hotel
Ranked #459 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed overnight at the hotel before catching an early morning flight from LCY. I was given one of the rooms that is specially equipped for the disabled. As I expect with Travelodge, the rooms are modern and functional. Ideal for a short stay. The breakfast buffet is a good way to start the day.
A great bonus is the ability to park a car whilst on a trip abroad at a fraction of the cost of car parking at LCY.
This hotel is about 10 minutes walk away from the airport and the Docklands Light Railway station. This gives an early morning traveller the piece of mind that traffic jams do not need to be calculated in to travelling time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RoamingWayfarer
Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Booked 10 mths ago. Arrive with printed reservation in hand - which they accepted I had. No room for us.

Shipped us to a central London hotel - which defeats the whole point of booking a hotel 15 min walk from the airport.

"We tried to call you earlier" Thanks Elaine: Honey - I was 37,000 feet over the Atlantic and not taking calls . Then I spent 1 1/2 hrs on the London Underground from Heathrow , having travelled 3,6000 miles to be told you have given the room away.

This hotel overbooks then bumps. And not to one of their local hotels - but anywhere they have a room.

This is horrendously bad customer service. The first and last attempt to stay at this or any other Travelodge as there are absolutely no excuses to not hold and respect a credit card confirmed reservation. Not sure if you can say you are part of the 'hospitality industry'

I don't believe I've given a 1 star to any hotel before. It's unfortunate there is no zero star rating. I gave a one star rating for value noting the time spent in the cab!

So - if you are flying into Heathrow and out of City Airports forget this place as a viable option.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TourMD
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge London City Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We’re really sorry to learn about the poor experience you had TourMD. It is regrettable you were relocated on this occasion; unfortunately we had an unexpected take up of arrivals at the hotel. Our hotel staff are trained in how to deal with such situations and will always try to reduce the impact on the customer by finding suitable alternative accommodation as close by to the hotel as possible and we will cover the cost of any additional travel expenses. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution. In order for us to do this please could you visit our website and use the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

You are almost always guaranteed to get value for money at a Travelodge but the staff at London City Airport were particularly pleasant, helpful and in good form. The hotel itself is just another Travelodge - could do with softer pillows and air con in hot weather!!

1  Thank TonyVanDer
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with work colleagues for an exhibition at ExCeL we were attending. We found the location fantastic as there was no transport required, just a 10 minute really easy, direct walk to the ExCeL. I would recommend ladies to wear very comfortable footwear. I wore trainers and changed into shoes when I got there. The rooms are what you would expect. Fairly basic but mine was an ok size (113) BUT the airport runway was close so planes were going past early but it actually didn't bother me. I was pretty much over the hotel reception where the smokers would stand so could smell the smoke sometimes and hear talking. Be aware that the hotel
only supplies you with a tiny bottle of shampoo/shower gel all in one. There is literally nothing else so take your own shower gel, shampoo etc if you are there for more than a day. The staff were amazing. All so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Reasonable rates if you book early but get more expensive closer to the event. I would easily stay there again. Not many restaurants near by. The restaurant in the Aloft Excel was good and close but we went to an amazing steak restaurant in the O2 called Gaucho but sooo expensive!! Also a taxi to O2 was £23 each way!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank 123ewhite
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I attended a trade show at the ExCel conference center. This hotel is was conveniently located (a 20 minute walk, very pleasant in the sunshine), good value, clean and efficient. The staff were very friendly. I only had basic needs and they were satisfied during my stay.

2  Thank Neil B
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Don't rely on your sat nav as that will take you to the back of the building, but an ideal stop for a London break. Helpful staff, amazingly cheap car park - food OK and rooms lovely. Be advised to take a glass up from the bar, plastic cups and me don't equate!

1  Thank Helen L
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Although the rooms here were just about adequate for an overnight stay before a flight from City airport, I just would not bother again.
1st room stunk of drains and smoke, second room, sort of clean! still had smell of smoke, rough towels.
Resturant had limited choice but this hotel seems to be used largely by builders working in London and staying here for cheapness, all very well but when you are trying to have a light evening meal with your wife what we don't need is the loud conversations and bad language used on building sites which the staff seem used to.
As said I would not bother again, rather leave home early and sit in traffic or better still we won't be using City airport for holiday flights again.

Room Tip: Try another hotel!