Travelodge London City Airport Hotel
Ranked #464 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“5* ”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for our wedding anniversary as was going to a couple of attractions, the staff were very helpful and pleasant, the room was clean and comfy, we also had the continental breakfast which was lovely and there is a vast variety, we went to the o2 and the dungeons we drove and took us about 10 minutes to o2 and 20 to dungeons, would revisit.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We booked a twin room, and on checking in I again asked for a twin room so was surprised to be allocated a double bed. I went back to reception and before the room was changed, the receptionist asked if I had touched anything! We were then allocated a disabled room, with no explanation. The beds were extremely narrow with winceyette sheets which I have not seen since the seventies. We went to the bar for dinner and a drink, and were surprised to find the wine, despite being kept in a chiller, was not at all cold. It was the first night of the World Cup, and there were 2 TV screens at opposite ends of the bar. People watching the World Cup were seated around one screen. I asked the manager if it would be possible to change the other screen to the news, but without the sound. His response was that if we wanted to watch anything other than football we would have to go to our room. In the morning we discovered that the sheet on one of the beds was very badly stained. I submitted a complaint on the Thursday evening and a member of staff from Head Office rang me on the Monday. I forwarded a photo of the stained sheet, she agreed that the manager's response was not appropriate and promised to get back to me. That was 2 weeks ago.

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer C
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge London City Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review Jennifer C. We are truly sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your stay. We would expect our staff members to be helpful and offer assistance at all times so it is regrettable to learn that you feel that you did not receive this high level of service from our staff. Additionally, our linen is laundered and supplied by an external company and our staff follow a strict routine in their inspection of our rooms and any linen that is not found in a suitable condition should be replaced so we’d like to apologise that your bed sheet was not in a good condition. We would like to provide a resolution for the issues you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button and when doing so please specify you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Derbyshire UK
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed overnight at the hotel before catching an early morning flight from LCY. I was given one of the rooms that is specially equipped for the disabled. As I expect with Travelodge, the rooms are modern and functional. Ideal for a short stay. The breakfast buffet is a good way to start the day.
A great bonus is the ability to park a car whilst on a trip abroad at a fraction of the cost of car parking at LCY.
This hotel is about 10 minutes walk away from the airport and the Docklands Light Railway station. This gives an early morning traveller the piece of mind that traffic jams do not need to be calculated in to travelling time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank RoamingWayfarer
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Booked 10 mths ago. Arrive with printed reservation in hand - which they accepted I had. No room for us.

Shipped us to a central London hotel - which defeats the whole point of booking a hotel 15 min walk from the airport.

"We tried to call you earlier" Thanks Elaine: Honey - I was 37,000 feet over the Atlantic and not taking calls . Then I spent 1 1/2 hrs on the London Underground from Heathrow , having travelled 3,6000 miles to be told you have given the room away.

This hotel overbooks then bumps. And not to one of their local hotels - but anywhere they have a room.

This is horrendously bad customer service. The first and last attempt to stay at this or any other Travelodge as there are absolutely no excuses to not hold and respect a credit card confirmed reservation. Not sure if you can say you are part of the 'hospitality industry'

I don't believe I've given a 1 star to any hotel before. It's unfortunate there is no zero star rating. I gave a one star rating for value noting the time spent in the cab!

So - if you are flying into Heathrow and out of City Airports forget this place as a viable option.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TourMD
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge London City Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
We’re really sorry to learn about the poor experience you had TourMD. It is regrettable you were relocated on this occasion; unfortunately we had an unexpected take up of arrivals at the hotel. Our hotel staff are trained in how to deal with such situations and will always try to reduce the impact on the customer by finding suitable alternative accommodation as close by to the hotel as possible and we will cover the cost of any additional travel expenses. We’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution. In order for us to do this please could you visit our website and use the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

You are almost always guaranteed to get value for money at a Travelodge but the staff at London City Airport were particularly pleasant, helpful and in good form. The hotel itself is just another Travelodge - could do with softer pillows and air con in hot weather!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank TonyVanDer
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with work colleagues for an exhibition at ExCeL we were attending. We found the location fantastic as there was no transport required, just a 10 minute really easy, direct walk to the ExCeL. I would recommend ladies to wear very comfortable footwear. I wore trainers and changed into shoes when I got there. The rooms are what you would expect. Fairly basic but mine was an ok size (113) BUT the airport runway was close so planes were going past early but it actually didn't bother me. I was pretty much over the hotel reception where the smokers would stand so could smell the smoke sometimes and hear talking. Be aware that the hotel
only supplies you with a tiny bottle of shampoo/shower gel all in one. There is literally nothing else so take your own shower gel, shampoo etc if you are there for more than a day. The staff were amazing. All so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Reasonable rates if you book early but get more expensive closer to the event. I would easily stay there again. Not many restaurants near by. The restaurant in the Aloft Excel was good and close but we went to an amazing steak restaurant in the O2 called Gaucho but sooo expensive!! Also a taxi to O2 was £23 each way!!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank 123ewhite
San Jose, California
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I attended a trade show at the ExCel conference center. This hotel is was conveniently located (a 20 minute walk, very pleasant in the sunshine), good value, clean and efficient. The staff were very friendly. I only had basic needs and they were satisfied during my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business