Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
3,148 results
All reviewsold viclondon eyegreat locationsouth bankcomplimentary breakfastcity viewminute walkexcellent hotelfree wifigood sizewalking distancetrain stationsofa bedwould stay here againbig benbuffet stylemodern hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great room, great location, but the loud music at breakfast is so stressful and super annoying! The wifi is consistent, rooms are quiet. No drawers for clothing. Room is shaped like a boomerang. Convent and clean place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lenore M
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Booked one night here in July 2014 while my mum and I were in London for the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show. Got a good price with a non flexible advance rate - think it was about £125 which is really competitive for central London! Our room was great, we had a twin and the bed sizes were very generous for single beds, which was lovely (and unexpected). Nice big shower. The only issue with the room was that there wasn't a plug socket within easy reach of a mirror for the hair dryer - you'd think for a brand new hotel this would have been thought through! Not a major issue though. The staff were brilliant, really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a bit chaotic as the dining area doesn't have a very spacious layout - breakfast is complimentary for all guests so perhaps it is just busier than other hotels where you are charged for breakfast so not everyone bothers. Again not a big issue really. Short walk from Waterloo station (about 3 mins I think) so great location. It took us about 20 mins to walk to Covent Garden if you want a break from the tube! I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in June. For an American, the hotel room first appeared small. But in general, European hotel rooms are small. I did think, "How would 4 adults fit in here?" The two beds are not two queen beds but rather two doubles. To me, they appeared to be two extra-wide twin beds so not sure how two normal adults would fit on one bed (I am thin so weight/size is not an issue). I slept well in the beds so that was a plus. We got used to the small size of the room relatively quickly.

The temperature setting seemed to change on a few days so we're not sure if the thermostat changed by itself or if housekeeping changed it despite our "Do not disturb" sign on the door. We kept it at 72F while we were out and returned to it at 60F one day.

The room was very clean and the bathroom was cozy. The hotel does not use individual soap bars or shampoo bottles but I'm for anything that saves me money. The shower was a decent size though it only had half a glass door (see other guests' photos). This means you have to position yourself carefully when showering or you'll get the entire bathroom wet. The towels are nice, thick, fluffy, and clean. Love thick, fluffy towels!

I liked the in room safe which allowed you to choose your own security code. It was easy to operate and worked well. No need to carry that passport around!

Though we were there for 6 mornings, I did not tire of the breakfast items. The display was well done and I felt it varied just enough that I didn't tire of it. The coffee machine is awesome and allows you to choose among espressos, cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolates, etc. The items were fresh and replenished often. (NOTE to guests: There is a second hot buffet at the far end of the dining area and no line). I did not see an empty buffet dish the 6 mornings I was there. Though breakfast hour(s) get(s) very busy, the mgt hired a lot of staff to bus tables quickly. I never saw a dirty table sit for longer than a minute. Kudos to the breakfast mgr. who also bussed tables himself. Good mgrs. get in and help their staff. The breakfast staff also moved deftly through the crowd without seeming annoyed by the guests or bumping into the guests. Kudos to the entire breakfast crew. I've never seen a harder working crew!!

NOTE to hotel guests: Eat all you want but do NOT use the breakfast buffet as your quick mart to grab for take-out lunch items!! Yeah...man who took 3 apples and two bananas...I'm talking to you! WE all pay for YOU to take those items!

The Internet worked well in the mornings but not in the evenings. Or was it vice versa? Guess everyone had the same idea to use it at the same time. There are three computers in the lobby. Thanks, Hampton, for providing a printer with it. It's the small things like this that make for a good guest experience. Note to selfish hotel guests: Don't use these computers to browse or shop online when other guests are waiting to print boarding passes for their trip!

If you arrived with electronics but w/out an adaptor, you can buy from the liquor store with orange walls on the opposite corner of the Hampton.

Great location to all parts of London including just two train rides on the tube to get to LHR airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TeacherEating
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Rooms are small with no drawers so clothing had to go in the closet and suit cases under the bed. But this hotel has everything you need as a launch pad for a great visit to London. Great Wi-Fi in the room for doing your travel research, nice cold individual controlled AC during the heat wave and a bus stop outside the door. Walking distance to Westminster area, 5 minute walk to Waterloo station with 3 the lines plus southwest trains.

Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 5 nights in July 2014 and was really pleased with this hotel. Being perfectionist myself (seeing many hotels all around the world), after days spent on London hotels reviews, I was really happy with my choise! Would recommend to my friends!

Stayed: July 2014