“It's like having your own cinema at home”

Odeon Cinemas - The Lounge
Ranked #83 of 372 Fun & Games in London
Reviewed 14 August 2014

If you want a nice afternoon getting away from the touristic London city center, go to Whiteleys of Bayswater and see a movie in The Lounge. It's like entering an exclusive club where everybody knows who you are and the perfect way to see a movie. Big chairs with head and feet rests, your own table, and a servant who brings you drink and food before and during the movie. A very relaxing experience. Only disadvantage is that the chairs are so big you can't curl up against your lover's shoulder.

There are newer reviews for Odeon Cinemas - The Lounge

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the fifth time I have visited the above cinema with my daughter. When we first visited we found the whole experience enjoyable. Now, however, the service and the cuisine has deteriorated so much. We visited on Saturday, 2nd August and ordered a full meal with wine whilst watching the film. The service was slow and when the food arrived, the fries were not fully cooked and gave me an upset stomach for several days afterwards. We ordered a dessert and were told after a long delay that they had run our of sorbet ( on a Saturday !!!!! ). poor service with staff who do not speak English and only seem to give service to customers where there is a MAN in tow !!! We shall not be visiting again .

2  Thank Judith M
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Visited this cinema with my partner for my birthday... and now ordinary cinemas aren't good enough anymore! It is worth when watching a good film.

The tickets are a fair price, but the restaurant (inside the cinema room) is a bit pricey but worth it. The chairs are very comfortable, there are only allowed about no more than 40 people per room and all over 18's meaning... no people talking and screaming throughout the movie which I loved!

You can also arrive a bit earlier and enjoy the bar lounge which is very pretty.

1  Thank Kiara A
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I took my wife to watch Transformers 4 yesterday for her birthday. The cinema is located on the top floor at one end of the shopping centre. Lovely bar area, the toilets are the cleanest I've ever seen at a cinema, the service was very good and the seats where extremely relaxing and comfortable to watch the film in. My wife and I really enjoyed the experience, definitely a must if you love watching films!!! The only thing I would say is that it can be slightly cold in the cinema, so take a jumper with you. I would definitely go again. There are 2 tube stations that are very close to the cinema. Bayswater is closer but Queensway is also very close.

1  Thank Jag16
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I love this place!! Totally awesome place to catch a movie.

The tickets actually aren't that much more expensive than the West End. It's the extras after you get there where they cash in but it's totally worth it.

You can grab a drink and snacks in the bar before the movie and this gives you a chance to look at the menu for food. Once inside you get your own fully reclining seat and you can be cheeky and ask for pillow and blankets to get comfy. There are also double seats that you can book which have no separator so great for couples.

Food is awesome. I had the chicken curry which was amazing.