“A popular venue - but why no wifi ?”

Holiday Inn London - Elstree
Ranked #635 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This is not my first review of this hotel. It's local to my office and is very adjacent to several other popular players - Travel Lodge, Ibis and Premier Inn to be precise. Priced at the upper end of the range, it is the best appointed by some margin and it feels more like a hotel than do the others which clearly aim at budget trade, though without offering true budget rates. Other reviewers here have remarked on the available space and rightly so - it does impress in that regard.

Food has improved in recent months and the menu is attractive. The ambience feels good and I get the distinct impression that the staff are focusing on the customer rather more and that attention to detail is a key factor.

One gripe though - when competitors are providing free wifi, this hotel stands out as offering no such perk, even for a brief session. That's odd, given the competition and the importance that customers attach to it. Come on Holiday Inn, give us free wifi - then you'll really get my vote !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your loyalty to us at the Holiday Inn London-Elstree. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us when you are visiting the area for work.

I have noted all of the positive comments you have made and would like to thank you for taking the time to do so. I will certainly ensure that they are shared with the whole hotel team.

In July 2014 complimentary WiFi access will be introduced to all members of our IHG Rewards club. I am not sure from your review if you are a member but it may well be worth joining to enjoy this benefit when it is introduced.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

Yours sincerely
Shae Walmsley
Resident Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn London - Elstree

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Easy access from the main A1 and plenty parking. Efficient check-in and room with all facilities including iron and ironing board. Excellent large mug of coffee in the bar and a lovely sandwich and soup for an early tea. Breakfast very good too. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful - the man in the bar even remembered our name and room number - a nice touch. Free newspaper was useful. Good for leisure and business and although we did not have time to use it, the hotel has a swimming pool and gym which are good additional features.

Room Tip: We had one next to the A1 but the amount of glazing meant no nose heard at all therefore any locatio...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Standard Holiday Inn formula, but this is a well-designed hotel that is light and bright and sufficiently spread out for most rooms to be out of earshot of function rooms. Plentiful free parking. Close to A1. Friendly welcome. Room was good size with all the usual facilities including safe and ironing board. Small indoor pool and gym (though jacuzzi out of action at time of visit). Did not have breakfast because £15 for a cup of coffee and a croissant is really too much… but the buffet did look nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Have stayed twice now, first time was great. I had a great room on second floor, and room service meal was lovely. However I have stayed here again last week and I had a ground floor room (think it was garden rooms) and oh dear what a difference! Room was noisy and tired looking. The bath panel was very poorly fitted and bulbs in the room were not working, lamp shade was stained and the walls were poorly patched up. It was such a let down after my first stay especially as I was looking forward to my second stay there. Even the room service meal on my first night was poor :(. I did not complain until I was leaving and the staff were helpful and have noted that if I return then I should get a better room. Their excuse was that they were fully booked!! So if you are staying with them, make sure it is not a room on the ground floor and time will tell if I do return and also if my opinion will change.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank A H
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for providing a review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree following your recent stay.
I am sorry that on this visit you were disappointed with your accommodation as you were allocated a room in a different part of the hotel from your original visit. I am pleased that you found our reception team helpful and that they made a note about your room preference for your future stay. We do hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon.
If you would like to discuss your review in more detail with me personally please give me a call via the hotel switchboard on 0208 214 9988.
Yours sincerely
Shae Walmsley
Resident Manager

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed at the hotel whilst visiting the area to watch Strictly come dancing, we were greeted by a lovely receptionist Alisha I think her name was, really helpful and informative, the room was fabulous and the staff lovely, we had room service that was delicious and breakfast was fantastic. Really good value for money will definitely use them again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed with my partner on Saturday evening as we were attending a function in Borehamwood, just down the road. The Hotel is wonderful, very grand in appearance and the staff, particularly Nicholas on Reception are outstanding. Nothing is to much for them at all. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was also of a very high quality and the buffet style works very well. Everything is out for you and constantly topped up. Very nice Hotel and next time we will come for more than 1 night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed at the hotel for two nights, great location, rooms were excellent, lovely and warm and very clean.
Did not use the pool, but looked great.
Evening meal was also very good along with the breakfast.

All in all a very good weekend. would recommend to friends to stay!

Will be back!

Well done to all staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Holiday Inn London - Elstree M25, Jct 23
Premier Inn London Elstree / Borehamwood Hotel
Ibis London Elstree Borehamwood
Travelodge Borehamwood
Travelodge Borehamwood
#5 of 6 in Borehamwood
Village Hotel London Watford
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree

Been to Holiday Inn London - Elstree? Share your experiences!