“Good value for money”

Ranked #622 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Efficient and polite staff. Clean and comfortable room. Good breakfast. Good insight parking and easy access to motorway and areas visiting. Would highly recommend a stay here. Has a pool and gym facility .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 3 November 2014
Dear Adele R
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree on Trip Advisor.
I appreciate that your review was some time ago and I would like to apologise in the delay in our response. Normally we respond fairly quickly but it appears that yours was overlooked (but in no way deliberately).
We appreciate your positive comments and hope to be able to welcome you back again if you are next visiting the area.
Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend. Me, my wife and 15 month old daughter. We arrived very late on the Friday night and check in was simple, reception staff were welcoming. We had a large room which included a travel cot - that had a hole in the side netting. The room was dirty. The carpet looked like it hadn't seen a vacuum in 10 years. I couldn't let my daughter crawl around because of the dust from the floor and the wardrobes. The air conditioning made a funny noise, this had to be switched off before going to sleep.

Breakfast selection was poor. The yoghurt I gave to my daughter must have been out of the fridge for over a day mainly because it was warm and watery. The fried eggs were dry and the scrambled eggs were too watery.

I was going to raise these complaints when I checked out but reception staff didn't ask how our stay was and didn't really seem to care. I don't think they would have cared about my complaint. Will be choosing the Village Elstree next time and won't be making the same mistake twice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest

I have noted the review that you have provided via the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you were dis-satisfied with your accommodation and breakfast but please be assured that we do care about what our customers think. We always have a Guest Relations Manager on duty 24 hours a day who will do all in their power to put things right should a guest contact them with any issues or concerns.

I do hope that you may give us the opportunity to make a better impression upon you. When you are next visiting the area would you contact me via the hotel switchboard on 0208 214 9988 and I would deal with your booking personally.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Wanted a cheap overnight stay while visiting north London for granddaughters 3rd Birthday. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the accommodation, as it was one of the lowest priced Holiday Inns in the area. We traveled from the Midlands, so the access was very convenient from the M25, with plenty of free parking on site. The reception area was spacious, and the reception staff pleasant and efficient. Room was a good size, and beds were comfortable, although the carpet could have been more carefully vacuumed, as there were very dusty areas under beds and chairs. Breakfast was more than adequate, and again staff were attentive and helpful. We found the room quiet, even though other reviewers have mentioned motorway noise. We were offered 1 hour of free internet access in our room, but this was increased to12 hours when I raised an eyebrow at the cost. All in all we were very satisfied with our stay and will almost certainly return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree following your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay and will certainly share your positive comments with our Team Members.

I have note the other points you have mentioned and will ensure they are communicated and rectified as appropriate.

In July 2014 we will be offering WiFi access free of charge as abenefit for all Members of our IHG Rewards Club. So should yo be visiting any of our hotels later on in the year you will potentially be able to benefit from this.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back when you are next visiting the area.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

It's good that your hotel is close to a major road for ease of travel BUT, this is like sleeping in the central reservation of a motorway! The traffic started a five a.m. and it was impossible to sleep. The receptionist asked how my stay was and when I told her, she very helpfully said I could have asked for an inside facing room to avoid the traffic noise. Not very helpful the day after. There can't be many inside facing rooms anyway looking at the design of the building. Maybe Holiday Inn, you should try triple glazing because the window you have now are keeping nothing out. In terms of price per hour of sleep, this place is very poor value.

Whilst I'm here, I should also mention the expensive 8 ounce steak which turned out to be a 5 ounce steak with 3 ounces of fat.

Room Tip: Choose one in another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest
I have noted the review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree that you have provided on the Trip Advisor website.
I am sorry that you were dis-satisfied with your accommodation. We do have different rooms in various locations around the hotel, with the building layout some are closer to the main road than others. Some guests prefer to be in the rooms facing away from the road whereas some guests prefer the rooms that offer better daylight or less corridor traffic. Once we are aware of a guest's preference we will always try to honour it.
Regarding your note about your meal. It is unfortunate that you did not bring your dis-satisfaction to the attention of the Restaurant Supervisor as I am sure we would have replaced your meal or offered an alternative or a refund.
Thank you for your feedback. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to make a better impression upon you and choose to stay with us again when you are next visiting the area.
If you would like to discuss your review with me in more detail please contact me directly.
Leeds
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I Was there for 2 nights and I got there late I asked reception for same hot food and I Was told we don't do hot stuff only sandwiches till I got in to my room and I looked up at the menu there was some hot items I decided not to have everything at all as they are to dame lazy to do it i suppose I got some take awaybinstead .They could just told me the truth and I would let it slide but it was no need to lie absolutely disgusting no need for that so I will not get my company staff to stay here anymore I think from now on we will stay at Ibis hotel thank you .

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear dogsbols,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This has to be one of the worst hotel experiences and I stay at many hotels around the world. I used to stay here a lot when it was the Moat House - now it is a Holiday Inn things have clearly changed for the worse. The hotel needs a major makeover - especially the rooms. The room we booked was one of the bigger rooms - which meant that it was an even bigger smell. Looked at other rooms when we complained and had a terrible smell. The extra bed in the room had springs sticking out of it - would have been more comfortable to sleep on a bed of nails. Complained about it the first day but never got replaced - so couldn't use it. Housekeeping was not good - other than making the beds not sure what else they did. Took 3 towels and replaced with one. internet connection which had to be purchased from the front desk was slow at best.
Overall I could go on for a long time but to cut to the chase if you have options DO NOT stay at this hotel - book something else like the Ibis or Village both of which are apparently streets ahead of this hotel - just wasn't aware when I booked it as I recall it as a good hotel when it was the Elstree Moat House

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank usaboyo
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Guest
I have noted the content of the review you have provided on the Trip Advisor website.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Holiday Inn London-Elstree and apologise for any inconvenience and discomfort that the issues you experienced.
We do have a Guest Relations Manager on duty 24 hours a day so if you are in any way unhappy with any aspect of your stay whilst in the hotel you can contact this person and they will do all in their power to put things right before you depart.
I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your thoughts with you directly so if it is convenient would you call me at the hotel via the switchboard on 0208 214 9988.
Kind regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This is not my first review of this hotel. It's local to my office and is very adjacent to several other popular players - Travel Lodge, Ibis and Premier Inn to be precise. Priced at the upper end of the range, it is the best appointed by some margin and it feels more like a hotel than do the others which clearly aim at budget trade, though without offering true budget rates. Other reviewers here have remarked on the available space and rightly so - it does impress in that regard.

Food has improved in recent months and the menu is attractive. The ambience feels good and I get the distinct impression that the staff are focusing on the customer rather more and that attention to detail is a key factor.

One gripe though - when competitors are providing free wifi, this hotel stands out as offering no such perk, even for a brief session. That's odd, given the competition and the importance that customers attach to it. Come on Holiday Inn, give us free wifi - then you'll really get my vote !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your loyalty to us at the Holiday Inn London-Elstree. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us when you are visiting the area for work.

I have noted all of the positive comments you have made and would like to thank you for taking the time to do so. I will certainly ensure that they are shared with the whole hotel team.

In July 2014 complimentary WiFi access will be introduced to all members of our IHG Rewards club. I am not sure from your review if you are a member but it may well be worth joining to enjoy this benefit when it is introduced.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again very soon.

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Holiday Inn London - Elstree M25, Jct 23
Clayton Crown Hotel
Clayton Crown Hotel
#406 of 1,069 in London
Laura Ashley The Manor Elstree

Been to Holiday Inn London - Elstree? Share your experiences!