“Tired hotel”

Holiday Inn London - Elstree
Ranked #613 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Tired hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Having been staying here for a number of months now it's getting worse .food is disgracefull staff are friendly enough rooms ok I suppose ,but I think it's time to go back to brentcross holiday inn where the staff are great and food is at least edible

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest

I am sorry that you have not enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn London-Elstree. We do appreciate your loyalty in choosing to stay with us when you are in the area.

We would love to be able to address your concerns however, Trip Advisor does not allow us to identify you as an individual. Therefore, if it is convenient, it would be appreciated if you would identify yourself to to either myself or Josie Keyes our Food and Beverage Manager during your next stay so we can dicuss your specific food issues with you personally and try to find a solution.

We look forward to speaking to you in the near future.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Its a shame, but I was really disappointed by our visit to this hotel. We rung the hotel first thing in the morning to make sure everything would be ready for our stay as we knew we would be checking in late at night. However when we got to the hotel, neither room was as requested. One room should have been a twin room which it was not. Therefore one of our party did not stay as there was no other rooms available and no one to sort out the room. The second room should have had a cot bed, but we did not receive it until 2 o'clock in the morning from a member of staff who acted like we inconvenienced him by asking for it to be brought into our room. The corridoor smelt of "weed" which is not the smell you want to be welcomed with. The toilet in our room did not flush properly. In all it was an uncomfortable stay in a hotel that needs updating. When I spoke to a member of staff the following day I was told the manager would contact me on 6th May, but I did not receive a call. Was just disappointed from beginning to end with our stay here, which is such ashame because we usually like Holiday Inn. Hopefully it was just an off day for the hotel and they improve their service in future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mrs M
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest
I have noted your review on the Trip Advisor website. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your constructive feedback, we welcome this as an opportunity to improve for the benefit of all of our guests.
I am sorry that I did not get the message to contact you following your conversation with one of our team members. Unfortunately Trip Advisor does not provide your contact details but if you would like to contact me via the hotel switchboard I would be more than happy to discuss your stay in more detail.
If you do have issues whilst staying at any of our hotels we have a Guest Relations Manager on duty 24 hours a day. This person will do all they can to address any guest concerns before they have a negative impact on their enjoymant of their stay.
Ii will investiagte all of the points you have raised and will take any appropriate steps to ensure that coaching or retraining is given where required.
In the meantime thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn London Elstree and I hope you will give us the opportinuty to make a better impression upon you in the future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is in need of some updating, but is clean, friendly and as homely as a holiday Inn can be, because if the staff. The staff here are absolutely committed to ensure your stay is enjoyable and relaxing. All staff, especially Asil on reception, and the restaurant staff, work tirelessly to try to ensure you have everything you need to make your stay a pleasant one. With a property of this size and popularity that is sometimes a struggle as they are so busy, but they always remember you and your preferences and aim to be honest with you so that even if they can't say yes to your request, they let you know why truthfully. Stay here if you are busy and away from home on business and need a safe bolt hold. It's the next thing to home.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive upgrade or room 120 or 220, if they free they might let you have one, they are...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree on the Trip Advisor website.

Your positive comments, particularly regarding our Team Members and the great service they provide to you, are a delight to read. All of our team work very hard to ensure every guest has a enjoyable experience whilst staying with us and it is very encouraging when they can learn that they get things right.

We appreciate your loyalty in choosing to stay with us when you are in the area and we hope to be able to continue to welcome you back many more times into the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here as part of a chill and relax session with my partner. Saw a very good deal on the IHG Honours website for dinner, Breakfast and nights stay in the Elstree Holiday Inn hotel. We were not disappointed. From the very moment we checked in, we were looked after and treated with complete respect. Straight away, as a member, I was given free Wi-Fi, extended check out hours, free newspaper and helpful info about the spa facilities. The room, a superior double, was excellent in condition and size, complete with all mod cons with full toilette facilities. The air conditioning was a little loud though, and the shower not exactly powerful, but we had a very nice bed and had a very peaceful sleep. The spa facilities are small, but the Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room complement the small pool and adjacent gym very well - and the spa is free with any stay. The dinner was lovely, although service not great due to the restaurant being a little busy, but we enjoyed a 3 course dinner then a drink in the large and very comfortable bar. Breakfast was all you can eat buffet, and was very tasty. In all, a very nice, relaxing stay at a good discount if booked early. Stay here for Elstree Studios

Room Tip: Book Early, and check in early to take advantage of spa facilities
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brad C
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your positive and comprehensive review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree onthe Trip Advisor website.
We always share the reviews around the hotel as it is always motivating and encouraging for our Team Members when they learn that a guest has had an enjoyable and relaxing experience whilst staying with us.
We appeciate your choosing this hotel when visiting the area and hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon.
St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I would like to say how impress all 110 people were with the service and the food for our end of season presentation on Saturday 26th April. From the Start Jodie was extremely professional always there to help and nothing was too much trouble, thank you so much Jodie you really did an amazing Job. Josie who looked after us on the evening was incredible, the staff we attentive, the service excellent, I would also like to mention the barman (who was on the early shift on saturday morning I did not get this name) again he did everything with a smile. Also thank you to the Chef.

Well Done to you all. I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Elstree for your function you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest
I am delighted by the 5 Star review you have posted on the Trip Advisor website following your event held at the hotel in April 2014.
It was great to read that you had such an enjoyable experience, I will certainly share your feedback with the hotel team and will also ensure that the people you have mentioned by name are recognised appropriately.
We hope that you will reccommend us as a great venue for future events, we all hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

stayed with my partner for a romantic break and found a very nice hotel which I will agree with others is dated but clean and presentable with a wonderful bonus
the health club
great friendly staff who were happy to advise me I'm not really a gym person, Helen gave me some good tips so I didn't over do things (I read her badge and found her to be the manager what a lovely lady) her staff were friendly and very welcoming to both of us even to the giving us names of restaurant staff so we could ask for some advice from them

the restaurant/bar staff were very nice and even helped us chose food being a wee bit fussy

We will be back

Room Tip: tell reception what you want and they will do what they can to help you
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn London Elstree on the Trip Advisor website. Thank you for giving us 5 Stars!
I read your review with interest and I will ensure that all the team are aware ofyour high praise, especially the people you have mentioned by name.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us in future when you are travelling in the local area.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel it's self is nice with good facilities but the staff that run this hotel are unprofessional and very bad mannered, we had constant problems with Asil on the reception he acted like he was a manager in charge when it turned out he was only a receptionist I was appalled by the attitude of this employee and asked to speak to his senior it was only when I mentioned trip advisor that I was treated completely different by Asil this should not have to be the case, I only wanted what I paid for and this seemed to be a constant problem with the staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gemma Liam H
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Good Morning
I have noted the review you have placed on the Trip Advisor website stating that you were unhappy with the welcome your guests received from our hotel reception team.

I am sorry that the guest did not feel able to bring their concerns to the attention of the Guest Relations Manager at the time as I am confident a satisfactory resolution could have been reached before the enjoyment of the stay was negatively affected. However, I apologise for any inconveinence howsoever caused. I trust that the rest of the stay was enjoyable and incident free.

If you would like to discuss your review with me directly in detail please could you call me via the hotel switchboard on 0208 214 9988.

Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Premier Inn London Sidcup
#274 of 1,088 in London
BEST WESTERN Palm Hotel
#496 of 1,088 in London
Clapham / Battersea
Pelican London Hotel and Residence
Ramada London Finchley
#642 of 1,088 in London

Been to Holiday Inn London - Elstree? Share your experiences!