“Great hotel BUT..... ”

Ranked #627 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great hotel BUT..... ”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for family wedding. Great hotel BUT only the rooms have air conditioning!
All the public areas are sweltering hot. It's cool outdoors however. Sweated through wedding ceremony and dinner. Wore T-shirt to breakfast but the dining room was at least 80°F. Jonesing for some chilly air conditioning!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree on the Trip Advisor website following your visit for a family wedding last week.
I was very pleased that you have fed back that you feel that we have a great hotel. But, I am sorry that indoors was rather warm during your visit. We do have air-conditioning in our public areas, however, due to the large open-plan layout and the amount of traffic in and out of the front doors when we are so busy the efficiency of this can be affected. I hope that this did not adversely affect your enjoyment of your family event.
Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The first time I went to this hotel was 5 years ago for a party my brother booked it and I joined him there... I have been coming back each February for the same birthday always staying there... The staff are very good along with the rooms( ask for a back one)... The food is not that great so we now all eat out.. The pool is very very small. And don't even try on a Sunday as they have a kids club there.....

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosemary B
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree on the Trip Advisor website.

We appreciate your choosing to return to the hotel for your family birthday celebrations in recent years. It is always a pleasure to welcome back returning customers and we hope to be able to continue to welcome you back for many years to come.

It is unfortunate that you do not choose to dine with us. We have recently introduced our new menu and the feedback we are getting is extremely positive.

The swimming pool is very popular and does get very busy at times especially when people are enjoying their family time at weekends. However, it is often quieter and our Leisure Team can advise you of the best time to visit if you like things a little more peaceful.

We hope to e able to welcome you back to the hotel again very soon.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We held our Annual Awards Ceremony at the Holiday Inn on 11th July and everything about our event was absolutely fantastic and everyone had a truly amazing time. This is the eighth year we have held our event at this hotel. Leanne our Event Organiser was outstanding as always. We deal with her from start to finish and she makes sure that we always get the evening we hope for. On the night all the staff worked hard to make sure it all went to plan, the food was delicious and came out quickly and hot, even with the large numbers they were catering for. We would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely hold our event here again. Thank you so much to Leanne, Josie, Clem and everyone else who helps make our event run so smoothly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read your 5 Star review on Trip Advisor following your organisation's Annual Awards event held recently at the Holiday Inn London-Elstree.

I know that Leanne, Josie, Clem and the rest of the Team Members who looked after you so well will be thrilled by the positive feedback you have given. I will ensure they are made aware of this, if they are not already.

We appreciate your loyalty in choosing to hold your event with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back again in 2015. In the emantime, if there is any other way we may be of assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Recently stayed here on a trip to London and had a thoroughly pleasant stay. It's smaller than most Holiday Inns but I feel that this added to the enjoyment of our break. The rooms were spotlessly clean and had the usual facilities. One thing I did like was that there were 2 hairdriers (one attached to the wall in the bathroom and a normal hand held one) which is a boon if you've got 2 ladies sharing the room; no fight for who can get to the dryer first in the morning!!
Even though there was a wedding party being held in the hotel it remained so peaceful and quiet. The beds were lovely and comfortable and for one who doesn't sleep very well in a strange bed I had no problems getting a good night sleep.
The breakfast the following morning was excellent with a choice of full english or continental breakfast. Good quality food and well presented.
I didn't have much dealing with the staff but the 2 I did come across were very professional and helpful.
Would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive and comprehensive review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree following your recent weekend visit.

I am pleased that you and your friend had a relaxing and enjoyable stay and breakfaast. I hope that your trip into London was a success and the weather was kind to you.

I hope that you may choose to stay with us again when you are next visiting the area.

London
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was a bridesmaid for my brothers wedding in the hotel an do have to say I'm disgusted at the staff the wedding planner was very unorganised leading up to the wedding she then went on holiday a few days before the wedding. We had trouble checking into the hotel on the Friday when we finally got our rooms sorted me, another bridesmaid and the bride had a lovely suite it was amazing my only complaint was the lace up at the window wasn't very clean but it wasn't a massive problem. On the Saturday the day of the wedding we were told by the photographer that we couldn't have pictures taken on the grass because they hadn't cut it which he specifically asked them to do. We also was then disturbed by loads of wedding guests complaining that when they had for into their rooms people were already staying in there someone had also checked into one of the rooms under the brides name. Then to top it all off they caused a massive problem by saying they had checked the bridesmaids and bride into the bridal suite by accident and we had to pay as it is only complimentary for the wedding night this caused the bride to stress out on her wedding day!!!! The staff on the front desk were very rude when dealing with the situation an rather than owning up to the mistake and dealing with it they caused everyone stress

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest

I was disappointed to read the review you have posted on the Trip Advisor website following your recent visit to the Holiday Inn London-Elstree.

I am sorry you feel this way and I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your comments with you personally. When it is convenient please would you contact me via the hotel switchboard on 0208 214 9988. I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Resident Manager

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is a large(ish) hotel on the outskirts of North London. It's a good base and an option instead of staying in the centre, we have stayed in the past fot weevils events and Harry potter visits. You can get the tube via stan more into London.

The hotel has a good pool, spa tub and gym. They also have a good size bar / round area.

Overall the decor is dated, but clean.

When we checked in, the desk was buisy, no platinum check in desk, no eye contact with thr staff, but I assumed they were tired. We made dinner resignations and went to out room.

The room was lovel room 120, large and bright.

We went for dinner. This is an area of improvement since our last visit. The service was friendly, quick and professional. The food was lovely. We had the offer abd upgraded to the steak - no complaints, very good value.

We had asked for a bedding for the sofa bed. When I went to take my daughter to bed only 1 sheet was delivered. I rAng down for a second, but I was spoken to in a rude mannor, stating that I was a lying!! I was shocked. So I visited reception, the chap stated that he did not believe me, that it was not a sofa bed. I was shocked and felt awful.

I asked to speak to the manager. Josie came to my room and facilitated the bed, the bedding and hopefully the rude staff member.

I can honestly say that I have never been spoken to and called a "lier" by any hotel staff, and we have traveled to some remote, locations, with the family.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank extratowelsplease
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree on the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay with us.
We always use all aspects of all reviews to improve the service we offer to all of our guests. I will certainly be passing your praise regarding the food onto our team of chefs.
I am sorry that you feel that the attitude of the person you spoke to on our Front Desk was unacceptable. I am glad that you managed to speak to Josie, the Guest Relations Manager on that shift who managed to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Please be assured that I will am also in the process of investigating with the person involved and will take appropriate action should this be found to be required.
I hope that you will give us the opportunity to make a better impression upon you and will choose to stay with us again if you are next visting the area.
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had the pleasure to stay in the Holiday Inn - London Elstree once again. And, again we were so well looked after. A great welcome from Nicholas at reception and the breakfast team in the morning. Had a room that offers everything that's needed, clean, variety of TV channels, great WIFI and most of all QUIET. The bar team do a great job with efficient and friendly service, looking forward to our next visit later this summer. Many thanks to the team there, that run a great hotel.

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room, do ask for one when booking.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your Five Star review on the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn London-Elstree.
We always share every review with our Team Members and it is very encouraging and motivational when they can see that the guests they have worked so hard to take care of leave such great comments. I will ensure that the people you have mentioned are recognized appropriately for the great service they have provided.
We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to being able to welcome you back to the hotel many more times.
Resident Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Holiday Inn London - Elstree M25, Jct 23
Clayton Crown Hotel
Clayton Crown Hotel
#413 of 1,069 in London
Holiday Inn Express London - Golders Green North

Been to Holiday Inn London - Elstree? Share your experiences!