“Does the job”

Ranked #488 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Coventry
“Does the job”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for a England game. Its a walk of about 1 mile to the stadium which is why we chose this hotel. Check in was quick, room was what I expected clean basic. What you must take into account is this is on a busy main road so it is noisy. it has double glazing but you can still hear the road. Came back from the match to a 24 hour bar this suited my as I had my son with me. Asked for some food they did do us some hot snacks but did want people to order from a pizza delivery company ???. Breakfast was basic and did run out very quickly had to go twice before I got a full breakfast. Overall it done the job for us. Would use it again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked 3 rooms in the travel lodge for the FA CUP final wk end. This was my husband and 11 yr old son, his sister and her husband and his 25 yr old niece. They arrived late friday night about 11 pm but rang the hotel earlier to tell them they would be late and the hotel checked them in over the phone. The staff were friendly and helpful. They ordered pizzas in both nights for our party.
It was about half hr walk into wembley which was fine because it was lovely warm weather.
They got a taxi back after the game which was a black cab and was about £14( 5 people)
The breakfast was nice with enough to choose from and the rooms were ideal.
All in all they had no problems and the hotel was ideal for what they needed, i.e a clean comfy bed for the night at a reasonable price.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel was spotlessly clean.Good travel connections, with a bus stop right outside connecting you to the tube. The staff were very attentive and obliging. It is situated next to a very busy road but hardly any noise could be heard inside the building. The price of £41 per night was excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

West Midlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here 1 night for the first time with my grown up daughter.
We used the Hotel Car Park £5 for 24 hours as we intended to take the Tube into Central London.
We arrived at the Hotel at 12 Mid Day being aware that our check in time was not until 3pm. We popped into Reception for information about the Tube and to let them know that we would be late getting back. The Receptionist was extremely informative and helpful. By mistake my daughter had booked a Double Bed. The Receptionist said that she would be able to book us in a 3pm without us needing to be present and would let us have a Family Room if one became available. She also gave us advice about the nearest Tube Station and which bus we could catch if we missed the last tube.
Stonebridge Park Tube Station is 10 minutes walk away and is on the convenient Bakerloo line.
We did have some concerns about walking back to the Hotel late at night and had considered ordering a taxi. However when we arrived back road works were in operation and the area was well lit and busy. I have never been so pleased to see road works.
Our room was a Family one with 1 Double and 2 Single Beds in it. It looked clean and fresh.
The shower room also looked as if had recently been refitted.
On the whole I was impressed with this Hotel, particularly with the Staff, also it was good value for the money we paid. The only downside is the walk back from the Tube Station.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at the Wembley Travelodge in May 2014.

Pleasant and and friendly welcome at reception. The room and shower were excellent and even though my room faced the A406 the insulation minimised the level of noise to enjoy a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed with good quality pillows and duvet.

I can not comment on the Bar Cafe as I did not use the facility.

Car parking at £5 a night very reasonable for London. I would certainly stay at this Traveloddge again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in this travelodge on quite a few occasions over the last few years and the difference now following a refurbish is quite staggering.Has improved a lot rooms have been updated and even both lifts work now,a vast improvement on a few years ago.For the money well worth it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank G M
Blackpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here for the football at Wembley, very reasonable price, but not the best of stays. We arrived 2 hours early at the Hotel and asked if we were able to check-in, we were told are room was available but it would cost an extra £10 to do this which I thought was quite shocking. We then came back to the hotel later in the day and was greeting by a very nice man (Kamal I think his name was). Upon entering the room it smelt of urine which wasn't nice as did the other room in our party, the room was clean, very spacious but very basic, and the shower was beyond poor, all it did was trickle out, we complained at reception and was offered a room change but we were heading out so it didn't seem worth the hassle for a 1 night stay. The hotel itself is located in a pretty horrible area, and about a 10 minute walk to the tube station, I'm used to staying in budget hotels/hostels and this didn't meet the standard of any that I have previously stayed in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank bigry13

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Ibis London Wembley
Premier Inn London Wembley Park Hotel
Holiday Inn London - Wembley
Novotel London Wembley
St George's Hotel - Wembley

Been to Travelodge Wembley? Share your experiences!