“Excellent hotel, some people just expect too much”
Review of Travelodge Wembley

Travelodge Wembley
Ranked #439 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 June 2014

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. It is a travelodge, so what? It is a good cheap option when staying in London. It is a good place to stay and has access to Hangar Lane tube station which can get you to central London in a few minutes. No need to pay those rip off central London hotel rates.

It might not be close to the stadium but I did not want to go there. Staff and the room was fine. I only wanted the room to sleep in and I had a fine sleep. For the money you cannot go wrong.

From some of the reviews, people were expecting the Ritz but were disappointed. I had no such preconceptions and was thus happy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank James W

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here with 3 others on June 6th for a One Direction concert at Wembley stadium.
We found the staff really helpful, especially when it came to organising taxis for the stadium or Paddington station. The rooms are very nice, comfortable and clean - great value for money here. We were facing the main road, but didn't hear any traffic noise at all.

Our problem was that the hotel is situated slightly too far from the stadium, and when a concert like One Direction is happening the tube was pretty much unreachable due to the amount of people on it, and getting a cab was a nightmare as everyone was going the same way. Unless you leave really early, I'd say this hotel is 10 minutes too far.

Breakfast was tasty, but unfortunately there wasn't enough for the amount of guests that were there. There seemed to constantly be queues of people waiting for sausages and eggs to be brought out - although rather than ask the staff for more they seemed to prefer to stare at them and expect them to be mind readers. The staff handled it great, and worked really hard to make sure everyone was happy.

I would definitely return to this hotel.

1  Thank RJA23_
Reviewed 10 June 2014

If you are booking this Travelodge for easy access to Wembley Stadium then don't! It's much further away than specified at least a 35min walk through some of the rougest areas I've been. Not ideal when you have children with you. It's false advertising as it's not even in Wembley never mind near the stadium! None of my concerns addressed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
2  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Excellent value, i booked the room for me and my daughter for the One Direction concert on the 6th as soon as the date was released, so paid £29 for a double room. Room was clean and the bed was very comfy. The staff are very friendly, the hotel was nice and clean, so dont know why others have said that it had a bad smell etc. We had a room on the first floor at the back of the hotel- I assume because I booked early. The area is typical of a London Suburb, we walked to and from the stadium (approx 40 minutes on the flat). The only issue I had is that a Sat nav location should be provided which directs you one of the small roads actually by the hotel. i made the mistake (as a non-londoner) of using the Hotel postcode only to realise how long the North Circular Road is !! and then finding my self on the wrong side of the dual carriage way with no way of knowing how to get across and back to the hotel. To say I was stressed when arrived is an understatement. Used the postcode of a small road next to the hotel, would stay there again now I know how to get there

1  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Travelodge's are always my last resort as they are rarely comfortable and always resemble student halls. This was no exception. Aside from the friendly staff there really is very little I can find to be positive about my stay. The whole hotel was uncomfortably hot with no way of cooling the room down. The wifi was appalling (170Kbps down and 270Kbps up for the techies) and the helpline could do nothing to help. The towel was ripped and the TV channels were completely mixed up so it was impossible to find anything worth watching. All in all, I won't be coming back even if it is the cheapest option locally.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The room was ok but very hot and the window didn't close properly so the noise from the road was incredible. I wouldn't stay here again as it's so far from wembley stadium. A definite expensive taxi ride away!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter & I were staying here for a concert at Wembley Stadium. All the staff were very helpful & approachable. Rooms were very clean and beds were comfy. The lady on reception was also really goodl with helping us to plan our journey to and from the stadium. As always the cooked breakfast was very welcome. The only down side was that we got quite hot in the night even with the window opened as wide as it would go.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tina F
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Best Western Plus London Wembley Hotel
Travelodge London Finchley Hotel
Premier Inn London Sidcup
Premier Inn London Sidcup
#349 of 1,081 in London

Been to Travelodge Wembley? Share your experiences!