“Excellent value for money”
Review of Travelodge Wembley

Travelodge Wembley
Ranked #490 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Wembley Traveldoge is clean, friendly and is ideal with an inexpensive car park on site. It is about a 15 minute walk to the underground but this is fine as it only about 20 minutes into London. The outer location may not suit everybody but it's close to The Ace Cafe London which is why we stay there. The staff are very accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank joanne h

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked a family room at the travelodge wembley. I regularly travel and always use Travelodge where the location is suitable and the price competitive. I needed easy access to the Underground.
Hotel is situated on A406 and surrounding by industry area. Rooms weren't very clean and nothing seemed to be done when asked. Busy road outside means that relaxing can be quite difficult

We arrived at the Travelodge a few minutes before 3PM. I went to reception but was informed (quite correctly) that check-in time was 3PM. We were told to wait. After sitting in the car park we saw others apparently checking in so we returned at exactly 3PM. There were three young ladies checking in before us. I heard the receptionist inform them that they had to pay £5 each per night to park their, two, cars in the hotel’s car park. When they queried this he told them that if they failed to pay their cars would be towed away during the night. I felt that the attitude of the receptionist was intimidating.

Being a member, of the Travelodge membership scheme, who books online I had used the website to make this booking and had remembered the overnight rate of £59 but did not recall any mention of a parking charge. I had my confirmation documents but these did not mention any fee for overnight parking. When it was my turn to register I queried this additional fee but was told that the Travelodge website contained warnings about parking fees. I was suspicious of this extra charge as the record of parking fees paid seemed to be on a non-standard form.

I have checked that website upon my return and found the relevant section, and found mention of a fee but the documents displayed and received when making an internet reservation do not mention this.

The barrier to the car park was broken so there was little security afforded to vehicles left there.

We were assigned room 402. Apologies were proffered as the lift was out of order. We had to carry our luggage to the fourth floor. Not an easy task, as I suffer from arthritis.

When we had staggered to our room we discovered that there was no provision for my fifteen year old daughter. The room was set up for just two, as I am aware is the normal practice, but the hotel was aware of her presence so we thought that an extra cup, towel and sheet for the sofa bed might have been provided.

I sent my daughter downstairs to obtain these missing items. She returned to inform me that the hotel don't have extra bedding. What we booked a family room
We realise that after the room was given to us was a double disabled room.

Room 402 is at the back of the building but was noisy due to factory area, despite having the windows closed, we were constantly disturbed by that noise. There is no warning on the website of this possible annoyance.

Because of the general state of the room and linen we decided to look at the mattress on the double bed. On the side my wife would have slept we found a big stain.The mattress was supposed to be turned regularly and there is a calendar for turning stitched into it. there was no mattress protector.

After a night disturbed by noise and without fan and air con and the constantly dripping tap in the bathroom sink.

We came away from travelodge wembley

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex J
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A typical Travelodge with most of the usual amenities. It is a little let down by not having a room to store your luggage in if you arrive before check in or wish to leave later. This has been available in other Travelodges I have stayed at and I've found it most useful. The position, right next to the North Circular is very noisy, but the excellent sound proofing makes sure that little of this gets into the rooms. However, the hotel could benefit from air-conditioning, or at least fans in the rooms, for days when it is really hot and you are unable to open the windows because of the noise.

All in all this is exactly what you would expect, a reasonable place to stay at a reasonable price and the service we received was second to none.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter and be prepared to walk a little as it is half a mile down the North C...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here whilst going to the football at Emirates. In between two tube stations each around a ten min walk away. Not much around the actual hotel but close enough to tubes you can get anywhere. Room was a good size and clean and tidy no noise from road. Good stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotel is situated on A406 and surrounding by industry area. Been checked-in room facing north circular road. Room was boiling hot. Fan was available but could make the difference. Had to open the window but due to noise it was impossible to sleep. Requested at reception a quit room that I can open the window for some cool air. New room was facing rear but but no fan in that room. I requested for fan but they said we don't have extra fan open the window.
Staff was not helpful at all. This room was also noisy due to industries. Would not recommend this hotel. They should have air con in the room. Other wise they must shut the hotel.
Did a job but was awful. Rubbish area so not recommended for women alone. Rooms weren't very clean and nothing seemed to be done when asked. Busy road outside means that relaxing can be quite difficult

Room Tip: Ask for quit room. And go in winter Summer is too hot because no air con
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Decided to treat my daughter to a trip to Wembley to watch the xfactor auditions at wembley arena. To make it even more special for her I made the decision to book two nights in a hotel nearby and searched for a good deal. The travel lodge offered a reasonable price and so I booked it thinking it would be ideal.
It wasnt.
Perhaps I should have researched more thoroughly.
It's not very close to the arena ... Costs £9 ish in a taxi from the stadium/arena and is extremely basic. I have experienced two nights "sleeping on a motorway" as the building overlooks the north circular... If it wasn't so unbelievably hot and so disappointing it might have been funny...
The temperature in the room was stifling...unbearably hot... I have NEVER experienced sweating whilst not moving ....
Whilst the rooms were very clean, basic but clean and the staff were efficient and friendly...the heat and location of this hostel feeling hotel together with he overpriced horrible food makes the experience so horrible that when on our second night I was woken at 4am by banging on the door I felt like checking out there and then.
Stumbling in my half asleep state to the door I'm greeted by glaring light from the hallway ( which comes in under the massive gap at the bottom of the door) and some night security asking me if I know the man swaying around next to home ....presumably some drunk guest who thinks room 217 was his. Had someone have checked the guest list it would have been obvious that our room was occupied by one woman and a child. So here I was ... Half naked at 4am having struggled to fall asleep in the sauna being knocked up by a drunk and now I have to try and get back to sleep... Not possible .... My daughter was frightened by the knocking and neither if us felt safe or comfortable for the rest of the time there.
I did complain .. And they assured me they would give me a travel lodge voucher for £30 for my "next visit to a travel lodge of my choice" I didn't come away with that voucher ... I'm not sure when/how I will get this... And if anyone reading this would like my voucher... I would be only too glad to pass it on...as I won't be using the travel lodge again...
I have spent money I didn't really have to try and give my daughter a treat and whilst she loved watching the xfactor .. We both had a horrible time at the travel lodge and now I'm really hard up for money for the rest of the month.
If you don't mind basic and cheap...this is your hotel. Take an air con unit with you if it's summer.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the front!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jmg1970
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I now always use traveloge hotel when i need to use hotel.
The staff are so polite and they know how to talk to you.
Room always smells so nice and fresh when you first walk in.
And the website is so easy so by far the best hotel in England.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Travelodge London Wembley High Road
Premier Inn London Wembley Park Hotel
Premier Inn London Sidcup
Premier Inn London Sidcup
#335 of 1,075 in London

Been to Travelodge Wembley? Share your experiences!