“terrific value”
Review of B and B In Barnes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
B and B In Barnes
Ranked #142 of 555 London B&B and Inns
sydney
“terrific value”
Reviewed 6 December 2009

good access from london central by train and bus; tasty british breakfast; roomy, clean, comfortable rooms; will use again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 October 2009

Back again, my third time in this nice bed and breakfast.
I felt welcomed and at ease.
This time I had a single room, some smaller but it was sufficient for me.
Good internet acces, warm and clean and I can always put the kettle on.
This Bed and Breakfast is located in a nice street close to the busstop.
Acces to the city and Roehampton University both is very good.
The service is very well. Always a good breakfast and a nice and clean bathroom.
Although all rooms were occupied the house was never crowded or noisy .
In the neighbourhood is a very nice pub( with internet access) and there are good restaurants around where you can have a nice dinner which won't cost you too much.
Coming over here is feeling at home and offers opportunitues for a city trip as well as for study ( Riehampton University). Buses have great connections to tubes and the City!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank MienPhD
Europe
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I came to stay here with my wife back in June, we came on a trip to London for a little bit of work but mainly pleasure. We found Stella on trip advisor and and did not regret it! We found the rooms clean and tidy. I am a lite sleeper but did not get woken up by the 2 other rooms which were on the same floor. Stella was helpful, informative and gave us directions and advice and the location was not to bad to get to the sights and sounds of London. I enjoyed the cooked breakfast and my wife enjoyed the healther option but I did find the breakfast times were a little limited (I think 0800- 1000) if you wanted to stay in bed late but I guess it is a Bed and Breakfast! There was also a great little pub round the corner for dinner. One of the best short breaks we have taken and a big part of this has to go Stella so thanks again!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
France
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Recently returned from a visit to London, I stayed at BandB Barnes and very much enjoyed my stay. The room was bright and the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was well equipped and clean. I found Stella to be pleasant and efficient, it was nice to have the possibility of a good cooked breakfast, though I should not eat eggs bacon and extras too often for the sake of my weight.

As for the area, I had a good time at a jazz pub nearby, I think it is the Bull’s Head, which has music every night and I had a tasty Thai meal, and of course the local pub has rock or soul music which I like, it seemed very traditional English. The street is quiet and I liked the green surroundings

As for location, I took the train into central London that was quick, about 20 mins to the centre, and I preferred it to the metro or tubes, that are crowded and seemed to have some problems while I was there. I appreciated the train ran up to 24.20 and was quite frequent.
If you want to go out very late in central London e.g. until 2 or 3 it is not for you as it is some way from central London.

I collect good value places to stay as I travel frequently and this is one I would go back to.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
woodcroft, australia
Reviewed 2 October 2009

way too far from London CBD to enjoy most of its attractions.
tedious, uncomfortable beds, obsessive compulsive live-in owner who sounds and behaves like Hyacinth Bucket and can't cope with any variation from her "norm".
Loves to address customers rather than chat and way too much about her personal issues rather than the issues of her customers.
Far too many very tight steps and no security other than needing a key to open the front door. Mind you, I like that she is as honest as the day is long but what about the other customers? No way to lock your own door.
Owner has no genuine interest in her customers and I did pick up that she has no problem discussing money issues in front of others.
This is not a place for those with limited mobility or aged or those with medical issues.
This is not a place for those who want to be involved with the London nightlife.
Very limited access to food because she only provides a breakfast and the area doesn't seem to have a great deal.
If you go to London as a tourist from anywhere else in the world and you want to see the sights of London do not go here... you'll regret it!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
10 Thank tgmw
Dubai
Reviewed 1 August 2009

I have been to London so many times and always stayed central London. I decided to stay off side this time and experience different area of London, I tell you I have no regret to my decision. B & B in Barnes is really clean and comfortable, if you are used to central London for the first day you might feel a bit out of action in Central London but it is actually very easy to get to central but you will get back to quit, nice , clean place to sleep, that is not a bad deal. The bus are on the go in regular basis and if you get to Hammersmith ( this will take you 15 min), and then from Hammersmith in 20 min by undergrould you are in central London. Stella ( the Owner) is very helpful and a wonderful person and makes you feel like home.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
michigan
Reviewed 26 June 2009

We stayed with our adult children. Stella was very nice and very helpful. Barnes was lovely and as many have said before the Halfway house tavern which is close by was very good. Small house with a shared bath, but that wasn't a problem. We slept well and spent everyday touring London and the area. Stella was very helpful with information. We had very good breakfasts and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
The Red Cow
The Lodge Hotel, Putney
#304 of 1,068 in London
The Petersham Hotel
#4 of 14 in Richmond

Been to B and B In Barnes? Share your experiences!