“Cozy home in the center of London”
other travellers have booked this property
The Circle, perfect location for London visits In the lobby, lifts
In the lobby, lifts
Living Room
Spacious living Room
Fully fitted kitchen
Kitchen, dishwasher, washing machine, oven, grill oven
Marble Bathroom
Marble Bathroom shower
Winter view from the balcony
Winter primroses
Balcony
Pool in the spa
Gym in the spa
Courtyard in the spa
Relaxing area in the spa
Bar in the spa
Leadenhall Market, Bishopsgate, Harry Potter Scene
The Draft House on the corner, upgraded and modern yet with English flavour
Tooley Street Pub
Blue Print Cafe, around the corner
Al Fresco dining, around the corner
Embankment, Restaurants, around the corner
HMS Belfast
The Church, Tower of London
Tower of London
London Aquarium
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
cillaw113
New Jersey
“Cozy home in the center of London”
Reviewed 17 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed in this apartment in early November. The place is very quiet, and we felt safe in the area. My kids liked our trip to London very much partially because of the comfort and coziness this place provided. The location makes it easy to get around. The apartment was clean, the bedding was of very good quality. We had everything we needed in the bathroom and the kitchen. The manager, TJ, was very effective and an invaluable source of useful information - places to visit, to shop, to eat. If I am ever back to London, I will stay there again. I will gladly recommend this apartment to all my friends and family.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Dimitri K
Tbilisi, Georgia
“Perfect Location and Cozy Atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 November 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

I travel a lot and mostly for my business and always was looking for a place which reminds me my home. Exactly what i have found here. Very cozy, no noise (what is very important after heavy night or day), just short walk and grocery, just at the corner one can get coffee. What else you need when you stay for few days. Firs time I stayed for 5 days and second time for 3 days. Always was very nice and now I am planning to go in December as well.

Liked best: Felt like I was at home
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
17 Nov 2015
Dear Dimiti,

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to hosting you again soon.

TJ
nunrs2005
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Location. Ineffective Management.”
Reviewed 12 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed at this flat the first week in October 2015.
Firstly, if you are looking at photos of the flat on Tripadvisor, please be aware that the picture of the living space (with couch and mirrored closets) is missing the double bed which also occupies this space. The bed was actually where the couch in the photo is, and the couch was at the foot of the bed, facing the bed and away from the mirrored closets. The living area is not spacious as it appears in the photos and there is no separate bedroom. It is just one room for closet, couch, small table, bed, and a prep kitchen and a bathroom. The space worked okay for the two of us, but was surprising as is was not as shown in the photos.When we arrived to the flat, we were told that the cleaners had not yet come. The desk clerk did give us access to the room to store our large luggage, but it took a number of hours before the "cleaning" was completed and we could be admitted into the flat.
We had a number of disappointments, but want to first tell you about the positives of this flat:
Location: very close to groceries, many restaurants, Tower Bridge, Tower of London, and two underground train stations. Quite a walkable area.
Quiet: The flat was very quiet. We didn't hear street noises or noise from other flats.
Concierge: there was a fellow at the front desk 24/7. He was very helpful re telling us where to go for food, restaurants. Also, he organized a taxi for us in the wee hours one day (when the underground wasn't running), so we could stand in line for 'day of'' tickets to Hamlet. We also were allowed to store our luggage in a room behind the desk after check out for a few hours (for no charge), as we had a late leaving flight. We met three different fellows at the front desk. All were very nice and courteous.

There were a number of issues we found and we quickly reported each of them to the manager, TJ. My husband had a few phone conversations with her. It's easiest for me to list them and the action that did/did not happen. TJ was made aware of each of these so should not be surprised by any of them:
1. The telephone land line did not work. It would ring when TJ tried to call us, but there was dead air when we answered it. Also no ring tone when we picked up the receiver. My husband told TJ about this but nothing was done about it. Fortunately my husband had his cell phone with him
2. Mould on the shower curtain liner- My husband called her about this and TJ ordered new liners which were delivered. My husband told her that surely she didn't expect us (as paying guests) to take down the mouldy one and hang the new one. TJ told him that she would get the cleaners to do this. It never happened.
3. Food debris was on the single/only kitchen towel from the previous tenant. TJ told my husband that she would send the cleaner to replace it. It never happened. We ended up purchasing a roll of paper towel to use.
4. The hot water tap in kitchen sink stuck/didn't work. When my husband called her, TJ first told him that a lot of pressure was needed to turn on the hot water but my husband told her it was stuck and he did not want to break the tap. TJ ordered a new one and had it delivered. She told him she would send in a plumber to replace it. It never happened.
5. The kettle inside/bottom was filthy and unable to be cleaned/disgusting. TJ ordered a new kettle and had it delivered. I pulled it out of the box and ran it a couple of times. It was good.
6. There was a makeup eyeliner/brush inside the washing machine. TJ was told about this but nothing was said or done about this.

There are some things we did not complain to TJ about but we think you should know:
There were only two bath towels supplied. No face cloths and no extra towels. There are no towel rods/hangers in the bathroom. Just a wall-attached towel heater which we never used and only could hold one towel. We stored our towels on hangers.
It states that soap/shampoo is supplied. There were a bunch of partially used hygiene products in the bathroom cupboards (which we didn't use as it appeared they had been previously used by strangers, uck). There were no new/unopened bottles of any hygiene products.
There are no shelves or cupboards in the bathroom to store your personal hygiene items. We stored ours in the closet shelves in the main space. It appears in the photos that there is lots of storage/closets. Most of them are filled with items for the apartment such as potting soil. There are also a number of various opened food products in the kitchen fridge/freezer. It was strange.
There is no television. There was no television in the description- so it was not misleading, but I had overlooked this and was surprised about this. We had a laptop with us, so could keep up with the news (there was wifi)

While I would not recommend this flat in particular, the area was really good and felt safe. We had a really good week in London. Recommend the open top tour buses and City Walk tour company.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location and Concierge
Liked least: See my detailed review
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
14 Nov 2015
Dear Janice,

thank you for the review. I have forwarded them to the cleaner at the time you were in flat and when the cleaner came to fix the issues like changing the liner, you won't let her in to the flat.

I have responded to all of your concerns on a daily basis within a few minutes of your requests. You asked for a new kettle, you got it in less than 24 hours, same with other things, so when you say nothing was done, it's very strange indeed.

Some guests want the bed in the flat and some don't, tastes differ. There is plenty of storage and the main wardrobes are fee of anything expect for extra pillows, blankets and duvets, and some guests prefer warmer to lighter ones. There is no potting soil or anything like this in any of them.

There are shelves in the bathroom at the mirror to keep the toiletries and there is a cupboard as well.

The kitchen is completely separate from the main room and not part of the main room. The kitchen is fully equipped and is big by London and New York standards. It is not as spacious as main house kitchens in the US as such kitchens don't exit in the UK in the flats. But there is a positive tradeoff, centre of London vs smaller size kitchen.

The flat is in a residential building, it is not a hotel.
Hipposund...
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Clean, comfy and convenient!”
Reviewed 26 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

A lovely flat with plenty of room for us both and our teenage son. Would be a squeeze for 4 adults though. It was clean and well appointed we wanted for nothing (except my son missed a TV!).
We were well placed for lovely evening walks along the south bank of the thames - especially beautiful at night.
Would definately stay again.

Liked best: the price
Liked least: The washing machine was broken
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
8 Nov 2015
Many thanks!
Dale E
“Cosy little flat with everything you need”
Reviewed 18 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

This was a cosy little flat/apartment in a great location. Minutes from Tower Bridge and the embankment but tucked away on a quiet little street. There were 4 adults in my group that stayed here. So was disappointed to find out it was not a one bedroom as advertised but a studio. It was cramped for the 4 of us. But I would recommend it for 2 adults or 2 adults with small children. It had everything you needed for your stay (except in our case were given 3 towels for the 4 of us). Lots of storage! And the balcony was so lovely with all the beautiful flowers. This flat/apartment is great value for London.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location!
Liked least: That it didn't have a bedroom.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
MerrylJo
Perth, Australia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 18 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Arrived to find washing machine not working. Owner claimed previous tenants broke it and "stole stiff". Owner offered to pay us 50 pounds in compensation so we could use commercial laundry, but we have as yet not received any refund. Bathroom and kitchen were not cleaned properly, with visible dust, despite the owner charging a 50 pound cleaning fee. The only advantage was the position. Would not recommend to others.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Place was dirty, washing machine inoperable, owner offered compensation but did not pay.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
23 Oct 2015
Dear Mr and Mrs Jones,

you wrote all your concerns about cleanliness of the flat at the end of your stay, when it was impossible to 1) fix anything and 2) to objectively decide where the dust on the glass shelves in the bathroom came from - the fault of the cleaner or your use of the flat.

I have contacted you in the beginning of your stay inquiring if everything was up to spec, and you did not reply.

I have taken your comments about the cleanliness of the flat (specifically " dirt and dust around the floor edges, particularly in the corners. (I have photos if you wish to see evidence")) seriously nonetheless. I have asked you to send the photos to me but I have not received them yet. But I have changed the cleaning company that provides the cleaning service. So I appreciate that you noticed the dust in the far corners, and hopefully there will be no more dust in the corners on the floor with the new cleaning company. So far after the 4 cleanings there have been no complaints.

You also gave me a 1 point rating because the cleaner forgot to put a toilet roll before your arrival. Had you told me the toilet roll was missing, I could have told you where the spare one was kept.

You also wrote to me a day before you left that there was not enough light in the flat, whereas there are light switches and I could have pointed them out to you, had you replied to my messages on your arrival.

Regarding the compensation / refund of 50 pounds, I have offered to you several solutions, wrote a letter to you and you did not reply to-date. If you don't mind checking your emails and replying with what seems to be an only option for the refund, I will promptly send you the refund.

I hope that you can find it in your power to write more objective reviews in the future as despite the non-obvious dust in the corners, the flat is not filthy as your review seems to suggest. I take pride in being able to service my guests needs very quickly, which you can see in all other reviews. I reply and get in touch with my guests almost immediately, with "lightning speed" as one guest has said.

With best regard

TJ
ReaWillia...
“Lovely apartment!”
Reviewed 4 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Very pleased with our 3 night stag, lovely and clean with great facilities! A little further away from the tube station than I imagined being around 15-20 minutes away. Although it is advertised as big enough to sleep 4 I feel that would be a squeeze as there is only one main living space with double and sofa bed, but for the two of us it was perfect. Overall lovely apartment, I would certainly recommend to couples :)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing