“Great food, atmosphere and wine list” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Margaux

Margaux
Reserve with OpenTable
Margaux is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,105 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Located in the heart of South Kensington, this stylish restaurant offers a menu of European classics, delivered with a unique and modern twist and complemented by an equally impressive wine selection. Diners can feast on sumptuous starters such as pork terrine with white grape reduction, seared foie gras on toasted brioche or a zestful sea bass ceviche. Main courses range form slow-cooked dishes such as duck leg confit and beef bourguignon, to chargrilled octopus and seared orkney scallops. The 120 bin wine list covers a broad range of producers and grapes, with special emphasis on Old World varieties.
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, atmosphere and wine list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I went there twice already and will definitely go back.
I had the gnocchi which were delicious and very filling (the large ones). The wine list is really interesting and quite reasonably priced.
Finally the atmosphere is very lively but still quite relaxed with nice ambient lighting.
I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited March 2014

London
“love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've been to this place several times as it's in a trendy location and it's been a recent opening. The atmosphere is completely different than what you can expect from close by venues: truly modern, contemporary, industrial style. it works both for a romantic night out (it can happen you can dine close to some London vips, hugh grant in my case) or for a smart business event. there is also a small private room downstairs (I counted 16 seats at the table). food wise it is amazing! I'm Italian, so the first time I went for some "known" dishes to see the quality: gnocchi al castelmagno (very good, first time I've found them in London, quality and taste no short than what you can find in the langhe region in Italy where they became very popular); lamb provencal style, very good and for dessert the 7 textures of chocolate: it must be tried! with a normal bottle of wine in 2 you can budget in the region of 70-80 pounds each, but you can definitely treat yourselves with more expensive options. I will definitely return and recommend. Service was good, as it's a recent open they were working on optimizing it but I'm sure they fixed it already

• Visited January 2014
London, Canada
“Soo expensive!!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Went with my husband and my children. Nice atmosphere, but I'm still feeling ,my stomach crying for more food! Very expensive and the portion are so small that we have to order twice !!!! Living in this area I was expected to have nice portions and nice price as we are not in west end!!!! I was shock by the bill!!! Will not comeback!!!
Disappointed , and learn by my friends that they had the same experience!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Raniasemani
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent all round, food, wine and service. I recommend what I had that evening, salad of leaves with goat cheese and figs - followed by a delicious sea bream. We asked for advice on the wine (to get an Italian wine) and were not disappointed (excellent barbaresco). The design is good, atmosphere is fun, we'll be sure to go back. Special mention for the gracious service too. It's great to have a place like this in South Kensington.

London, United Kingdom
“Sill Growing - Massive Potential”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is a wonderful addition to the neighbourhood! Great décor, lighting, exposed brick and layout. The Maitre'd and staff are very knowledgeable and warm. The food was a bit hit and miss though. We had the swordfish and scallops for starters ,the swordfish was cold in the middle but great flavours. The scallops were a bit bland. For mains the pork was outstanding but served with bland/unseasoned fennel. The monkfish was a bit odd with the smoked eggplant. I'll definitely go again and know this will be a great spot.

• Visited February 2014