“Good hotel, good location, good service.”

Excelsior Hotel London
Ranked #374 of 555 London B&B and Inns
India
“Good hotel, good location, good service.”
Reviewed 3 April 2008

By and large, a very positive experience. The staff was friendly and responsive. The complimentary breakfast was really good. It also helped that the hotel was very close to the King's Cross underground station. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Central London.

Stayed March 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
india
Reviewed 3 April 2008

Good and clean rooms. Leave all your lodging worries once you have a booking there.

Pune
Reviewed 19 March 2008

I had stayed at Excelsior Hotel for the first time in August 2007 and I was there in that hotel for 2 months.
I was so comfortable that I opted to stay in the same hotel the second time I visited London this February.
Most important is the rooms are very clean and nice all times and the hotel staff is very cooperative.

Its in heart of London from where all major London attractions are very near by and its exactly opposite to Kings Cross station where most of the tube lines intersect.

I will recommend everyone to stay in this hotel as its best what you can get in that rates.

saurabh

• Liked — Warmth and Cleanliness
Holland
Reviewed 22 February 2008

While the location of the hotel actually is pretty good (near Kings Cross), the size of the quad room of this hotel is smaller than the average car. I can only imagine what a double or single room would be like...
The breakfast facilities, the shower/toilet combination and the tidiness are of the same low quality.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room size
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

oxford
Reviewed 17 December 2007

I paid for a concert and stay in this hotel for a Christmas present for my boyfriend and was really disappointed with the hotel. I think for £79 it's an absolute rip off. The website makes the hotel look lovely; it's not! The room was tiny with a converted cupboard for a bathroom. no shampoo in room and they supplied the smallest towels ever that had holes in. The bathroom lock didn't work. There were staines on the bedroom walls. The sheets were clean though there were hairs in the bed. The woman we checked in with wasn't very friendly and on checking out, I rang the bell and she took the keys and shut the door. I was livid that for £80 i got the tinyest room ever. We didn't bother with breakfast!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — deceiving website!
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
Italy
Reviewed 2 November 2007

Last August was my third stay in Argyle Square, in one of the three hotels that are managed by the same family. This time it was the Excelsior, which is affordable and strategically located near King's Cross Station and the British Library. My room was small but clean and fresh, and the staff was always kind and helpful. Breakfast is in the basement of the Argyle Hotel which is just one minute's walk from the Excelsior. I had a good time and I think I'll stay there again in the future.
Cristina (from Italy)

Stayed August 2007
tyne and wear
Reviewed 10 October 2007

I stayed at the Excelsior for one night with my mother and my sister, as we went to London for the weekend for my sisters' 30th birthday.
We initially booked the hotel because of the fact it was so close to Kings Cross Underground and Railway (literally 3 minutes walk) and the pictures of the rooms on LateRooms.com were really impressive. That was until I read the reviews of it on Trip Advisor! I was totally put off by the comments people made about the place and even tried to convince my mother and sister to get somewhere else but they said it was too late.
I won't bore you with the details of how you had to check in at another hotel blah blah blah.
What I will say is the room we stayed in (Room 16) was spacious, immaculate, well presented and well equipped not only for what we needed but by far and away value for money!
We didn't have much to do with the staff but the 2 reception guys we did speak to were pleasant and friendly, and yes they were foreign but who cares and frankly what more do you expect in the Capital?
I would definately recommend staying here and I will most definately stay here again if and when I return to London.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — I didn't stay longer!!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family