“Perfect location for London visit”

Grange Blooms Hotel
Ranked #572 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Lawrence
“Perfect location for London visit”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Second visit , easy direct trip on Piccadilly line from heathrow to russell square, then 5 min walk across square. Room very small but well furnished, suite last time much larger and would book that in future. Staff very friendly and helpful, breakfast included is adequate but expensive. Major negative is cost of wi-fi. Location is major advantage, within easy walking distance of most London attractions.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael G
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for your nice review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff friendly and the location suitable. We are currently working on the issue of wifi.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We spent the weekend here for my birthday. Like so many previous reviewers we were upgraded and would have been disappointed if we hadn't been. The hotel is worth it's money at London rates although a little tired. The bed was very comfortable and we had a nice breeze through our window to combat the warmth in the room. The staff were friendly and helpful and the highlight was the full English breakfast included in our room rate. I've rarely had better. I would recommend this hotel for it's location to the British museum and London rate.

Room Tip: Get the English breakfast
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon F
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your review Sharon. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and particularly the English breakfast. We hope you will return on your next trip to London.
sheffield
Reviewed 20 August 2014

A great hotel for the British museum- you can see it from the breakfast room! It is a walk from Tottenham Court Road tube, but really easy for the West End, Oxford Street and also close to St Pancras station too. We walked everywhere and saw lots of things we wouldn't have noticed otherwise.
The hotel itself epitomised Bloomsbury for me- bags of character and charm with works of art everywhere and a red red,red breakfast room! I felt that I was staying is someone's house, so much so that when I heard a noise outside the room I thought we had an intruder before realising it was other guests! The ceilings are high, the rooms small but not pokey and the furnishings a little tired but tasteful, which only added to the charm for me. We even had a proper room key- no horrible card readers here. It made such a change from the corporate dullness of modern hotels.
It was very quiet for a central London hotel and the staff were always friendly and obliging and the breakfast adequate to say it was included in the price, we didn't feel let down.
The four poster bed (free upgrade) was very comfy and the bathroom clean and well laid out.
I would definitely recommend if you want a quiet and quaint place in a great location.

Room Tip: Room 107 has a four poster bed but is at the front of the building.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loobylooSheffield
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for your nice review of our Blooms Townhouse Hotel. It is a listed building in a conservation area and I am pleased you enjoyed its charm. I am pleased you found the location good and that you enjoyed exploring the local area. I hope you will return to us soon.
Forest Hills, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our first impression of the hotel room at the Grange Blooms was that it was quaint. The Superior room had a four post bed with canopy and a roll away for our 11 year old. The furnishings were modest but nice. The space was very tight, but that would be expected in London. It was also very hot. There is no AC and the ceiling fan did not help much. As mentioned in other reviews the electrical outlets were scarce and not positioned ideally, but we worked around that, and there was no refrigerator. That being said, housekeeping was excellent, as the room was kept very clean throughout our stay. The hotel staff seemed new and inexperienced, but they were nice and sincere in attempts to be helpful. The hotel itself is adjoined by a sister hotel also run by Grange; "Whitehall" and, as a larger hotel was able to provide concierge and other services, and had a nice restaurant. It is also in a great part of town, right near the British Museum and within walking distance of the underground, the West End, Piccadilly Circus, and Regent's Park. In all, worth a stay, at least for a short term.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the main street are quieter. Ask about AC if traveling in the summer.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JoekimRiley
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Grange Blooms Hotel, it is a listed building, within a conservation area. I hope you will return on a future visit to England.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We booked this with another couple for a theatre break in London. The hotel is situated in a quiet residential street just off Russell Square, just around the corner from the British Museum. The outside is beautiful, and the rear gardens an absolute pleasure to relax in after a long day out. The reception staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly at all times. Our superior room didn't seem very superior, but it was nicely decorated, had everything we needed, comfortable beds, and a large bathroom. It was quite dark despite the large window, as there were walls outside on either side of the window. It was strange that there were no plug sockets free to plug the kettle or any other electrical appliances in to (hair straighteners, phone chargers etc), that were near the table or desk. Hence we had the kettle on the floor next to the bed??? We had to request more tea/coffee/milk supplies, which took some time to arrive but did eventually turn up.There was no air conditioning, so the ceiling fan was a must as it was a hot weekend.
The breakfast service was a little slow, but lovely.
Wish we had had a room on the first floor as they looked nicer from the garden.
All in all a lovely hotel which we would happily return to.
We would stay again

Room Tip: Ask for garden view first floor or above
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I am pleased you enjoyed the character of this hotel and its garden, which is really nice at this time of year. Your comments have been noted and we hope you will return.
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 17 July 2014

So I started my trip to the UK in this hotel ... and I now realise that cramped, small and awkward are the norm for London accommodation, but in my opinion that does not excuse bad layout and design. First no go - after a 12 hour flight, while working in their lounge to meet a deadline, I asked for a cappuccino, and, horror of horrors, they did not offer any!!!! So I toddled off to the British Museum and found an Italian restaurant with great coffee. The room was tiny - could barely pull out the chair to work without it bumping into the bed, but at least there was no street noise to bother me. Anyway, I did not enjoy my stay, but the price and location may be suitable for others.

Room Tip: I heard that the corner rooms are larger, so give it a go.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Natasha A
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I am so sorry to learn that your expectations were not fully satisfied on this occasion. Perhaps you would like to try one of our larger, purpose built properties on your next trip to England.
Hadleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for long weekend in london, great location easy walking distance for theatre land and shopping, room was a bit cramped and very hot it has a ceiling fan but it was a bit noisy, the continental breakfast included in the price was ok, overall a good base to explore everything that London has to offer

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gerry M
Nellie S, Guest Relations Manager at Grange Blooms Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I am pleased you found the hotel to be nice and a good base for exploring London. I hope that you will return in the future.