All reviewscolony grilloxford streetamerican barjeremy kingno tipping policybond stbeautiful hotelthe general managerexceptional hoteldoor manhotel guestscomplimentary mini barfavourite london hotelquiet side streetconcierge deskhotel experiencestudio room
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Would find it difficult to fault this hotel. Service, cleanliness and food excellent. Room and and bathrooms beautifully appointed. Extra points for being a high end hotel in London that actually has tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

Complimentary mini bar soft drinks, snacks and newspaper.

We received a personal welcome and mid point check to ensure our stay was to our satisfaction.

First stay but now a firm favourite.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank denw67
TheBeaumontHotel, General Manager at The Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Dear denw67

Wonderful to read your kind words and "Seasons Greetings" from all of us here at The Beaumont!

So pleased that you enjoyed your first stay with us and I shared your kind comments with my team. "Service, cleanliness and food excellent" - thank you! Yes, we do believe in generosity and I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary tea and coffee making facilities and the free drinks and snacks in the bar!

We look forward to hopefully welcome you back in the not to distant future and send you our best wishes from London's Mayfair.

Sincerely

Reviewed 23 November 2017

We arrived at the hotel (from our flight from US) at about 9 AM, tired and expecting that our room would not be available (fairly so). Hotels always offer to hold the luggage, suggest waiting in the restaurant or even using the spa/exercise facilities. The room is generally available between noon and 4, so we usually go out tired. We were correct that the room was not available but they offered us a "resting room". It was a very nice junior suite and we took advantage to take a refreshing nap before venturing forth.
Upon return we were advised that our luggage was moved to our new upgraded room. It was a most comfortable full suite. At all times the staff was extremely friendly and helpful but appropriately formal. This was a great intro for our first stay at The Beaumont.
Hotel is intended to look like a fine restoration of a 1926 restrained modern art deco hotel. The mythic story is that it was opened in 1926 by a Hollywood character with famous show biz investors. The walls of the dining room are replete w caricatures of many such personalities of the times which challenged my knowledge and memory to name. Elevators were filled w pictures of famous 1930s US and UK people. Actually, hotel is totally knew as of three years ago. Lots of attractive wood, hardware, lighting and art throughout.
Suite had a beautiful modern marble bathroom and powder room. Products were good. Nice fruit, candy and cookies provided at beginning. Housekeeping excellent and unobtrusive. Bottled water provided.
Full breakfast included. Beautiful dining room. Good and broad menu. Food very tasty and very well and formally presented.
All staff were friendly, attentive and competent at all times. Everybody knows your name.
My only other comments are:
Significant gratuity is added to the final bill. I was surprised, having left a gratuity w housekeeper and having tipped for all ice deliveries. This is spread through either all staff or all service staff. Staff made it clear that this was purely a suggestion and that some or all could be readily removed. We were sufficiently pleased with the service that we concurred.
It is very expensive, but very well presented. Obviously, it would have been far more expensive if we had paid for the kindly extended upgrade.
We certainly recommend this fine hotel in the heart of Mayfair on a quiet street.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon S

Dear Jon S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted that you felt so welcomed and that the team could assist to have you settle in after a long flight from the US. We agree that these subtle things can make all the difference - especially when you tired from a trip! So pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of your suite and the décor of our little Art Deco gem here in the heart of Mayfair! Having only 73 rooms and suites it almost feels like a club - and yes, it is all personal and the team truly cares. Thank you as well for your comments about our discretionary service charge. We indeed wanted to find a solution to avoid any "hotel tipping anxiety", and have seen great feedback from our guests. As you mentioned, the charge is only a suggestion.

Thank you again for writing and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sincrely

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Well since my last review in Juli 2016, my husband and I have stayed at the Beaumont five or six times. I think it is unfair that I cannot give more than fiver circles - you deserve it!
We have challenged the hotel staff in every possible ways. E.g. twice we have brought our two little dogs along. But somehow the Beaumont have succeed in employing the most friendly and openminded people. We love the gentlemen at the front door (they even named our dogs Rocky and Rambo), the smiling girls and the friendly young men at the reception and concierge desk. The chatty man who once looked after our little Milli an hour after his shift ended. I cant point out enough how amazing it is, to see the same people everytime we come back. We are going away for two and a half months right after x-mas but I promise, when we are in London next time no doubt we are staying with our Beaumont family. Thanks for a pleasant 2017 - see you in 2018.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Anne N,

Seasons Greetings from Mayfair and The Beaumont!

"The best hotel in the world" - wow, we will frame that! :-) Thank you so much for your kind review and we are so pleased to have you as our guests. Thank you as well for your kind words about our team - they truly care and I am so happy it shows so much. They are by far our biggest asset and we are very proud to have such a dedicated group of people here at the hotel.

Save travels and we look forward to seeing you again upon your return.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 15 November 2017

My wife and I decided to treat ourselves last week to a stay in the Capital and The Beaumont id not disappoint. You know this is not a budget choice, so ignore prices and simply accept that for once, you get what you pay for.

You do have a choice in London of many fabulous hotels, some new and some classic, but we had heard a lot from friends about this hidden gem, just off Park Lane in Mayfair and you could definitely be forgiven for not finding it. The experience from coming out of the taxi to entering your room is beyond 5 star.

The room itself is palatial and beautifully furnished with quality oozing everywhere. My wife is redesigning our en-suite at home now she has seen the bathroom in our room! Its pointless going further, simply to say i have paid much more and had much less from hotels of a similar status.

The cocktail bar is cute and moody with very attentive waiting staff and I found all the staff to be really helpful. It may not be the biggest with lots of bars and restaurants, but if you want to be pampered in style and a little bit more discerning, then it is definitely worth adding to your list!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
TheBeaumontHotel, General Manager at The Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Dear Ray C,

We are so pleased that you followed your friends recommendation to discover the "hidden gem" that the Beaumont is. We are always thrilled when guests share their experience and pass on the word to the people they like most. It makes he hotel feel like a club, and we are delighted that you are now part of it!

Thank you very much about your kind comments which I have shared with team. "The experience from coming out of the taxi to entering your room is beyond 5 star" - thank you ... the team was very proud to hear your praise. It means a lot to us and is gratifying and motivating at the same time.

Delighted to hear that you wife is now re-decorating your bathroom at home! :-) We have a fantastic Head of Engineering here at The Beaumont, Alan. I know that he would be at your service for any information or assistance. Just let us know!

I send you our best wishes from London and we look forward to seeing you again one day in the near future.

Sicnerely

Reviewed 13 November 2017

You can tell it was a good stay when you are sorry to leave. From start to finish, the Beaumont delivered the exemplary service that makes it one of the most exclusive hotels I know in London. I am not only writing this review because The Beaumont (1) gave me an upgrade to a larger room with a lovely balcony; (2) welcomed me very warmly; and (3) rose to the level of one of the three or four best hotels I’ve stayed in in Europe. I am also writing because I want to recognize and share quality with potential future guests, and alert them that the premium pricing really does buy quality. That said, the pricing – 580 GBP a night before VAT, more like 735 GBP a night including VAT – is very premium indeed.

Room & bathroom
Room was very quiet. Entire hotel was very quiet. Superb given the location just a block or so from Oxford Street. Bed and linens were highest quality. I prefer a slightly firmer mattress but this was not a major issue. Minibar items like soft drinks were included in the room rate – a nice touch. Bathroom was delightful – heated floor that warmed the whole room as well as my feet. Separate bath and shower. Good water pressure. Everything in its place.

Breakfast
I chose not to opt for the full breakfast but instead ate porridge in the club room or lobby. Porridge was fantastic. Scones (included in my room rate) were fantastic. Pots of blueberry jam were perfect. Pot of Assam tea (at extra cost of 6 GBP or so) was really good.

Wifi
Some of the best hotel wifi I have ever had. Not one hitch ever even while streaming. Addictive in and of itself.

The performance at the Beamont is driven by service, service, service. The owners and managers of this hotel have succeeded at instilling a joyful sense of customer service that I wish I found in many more places. The desk clerks, bell staff, waitstaff and internet reservations staff provided a constant flow of cheery support. I had every need – newspaper, room cleaning, small food items in the lobby – addressed with immediate and customer-focused attention. That was impressive.

Price
I will think twice before staying at the Beaumont again but only because of the price. It will have to be a special occasion...

Another way you can tell a place is special is when a London taxi driver tells you that he makes The Beaumont his preferred destination for a rest room break. He and I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear BostonFrequentTrav1,

"From start to finish, the Beaumont delivered the exemplary service that makes it one of the most exclusive hotels I know in London" - Thank you very much for your kind review - your feedback is so gratifying and motivating at the same time! We were so pleased to have you as our guest and thank you for your kind comments about your room, our ideal location and of course, our team.

"The performance at the Beaumont is driven by service, service, service" - We could not agree more that it is the service that makes all the difference and we are so proud of our dedicated and professional team here. And first and foremost - they truly care.

Your comment about the taxi driver made me smile! And yes, we are so much looking forward to welcoming you (and him!) back to our small, grand hotel in he heart of the beautiful Mayfair Village in London!

Yours sincerely,