“Best Long Island Iced Tea”

The Mandarin Bar at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
Ranked #125 of 1,278 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the fashionable Knightsbridge, Mandarin Bar has become one of London's most popular destination bars, the premier place to see and be seen, with stylish, late-licensed surroundings to accompany its ambient buzz. Contemporary in design, the long, marble-topped bar captures immediate attention. Designed as a catwalk that springs into the room from a glass wall and flanked on either side by high bar stools, the glass back-wall is lit in a warm red creating a backdrop of silhouetted images. Bespoke, handcrafted cocktail glasses resemble the models walking the runway as they sit on the bar, and the cocktails served are fashion themed.
Aberdeen
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Best Long Island Iced Tea”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

During a sight seeing trip to London I thought I'd be a dare devil. I sauntered up to the Mandarin Oriental wearing my finest attire; jeans, padded jacket and white trainers. I thought I would get turned away but no, in I went. I asked the concierge to point me to the bar and he did. I went into the bar and asked for a Long Island Iced Tea. By far the best I have tasted with no afterburn or heart burn being brough on by it. I asked for the bill which came to a nice £16.50. Yes, £16.50 for one drink but what do you expect from a hotel in the middle of Knightsbridge with a Ferrari showroom pretty much directly opposite it.

Would I go again. Quite simply no. I found the bar decor to be very old and dingy. I have done it once, ticked the box and now it is time to try somewhere else.

1 Thank HRH-Garden

leeds
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Pricey but fascinating”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Visited the Mandarin bar following dinner at the Buddha Bar and Restaurant. Shared a £50 bottle of red wine which whilst expensive was a pleasant accompaniment to 2 hours of fascinating people watching.

1 Thank kitten001
Gothenburg, Sweden
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Mandarin Oriental never dissappoints”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

First time I visit a Mandarin Oriental property outside Asia and my expectations weren't very high (since Asia is synonymous with its outstanding service level) so I was pleasantly surprised. A bit worn down, interior-wise, I must say but the plats of Asian delights we had was fantastic and the club sandwich was fine - nothing over the top special though. The staff were very attentive and service-minded even though it was quite busy during our visit. Would go back for the Asian plate.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Bevreus
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An odd experience”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was taken here by some friends for some late drinks and they had talked it up to be something special. In truth I was a bit non-plussed about the whole experience. The room was attractive but felt quite cold in ambience, and didn't have much of a vibe. The sofas and tables are spread out in little areas around the bar and it is quite comfortable. Service was excellent. However it is very strange that although the bar is quite pretty, none of the bartenders actually make a drink in front of you! They disappear behind a partition/wall and a few minutes later the drinks reappear. Very strange!

Being a hotel bar of the standard of this hotel, the prices are steep. Very steep!

1 Thank Lynsey F
Billericay, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Not that exclusive”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

So the cocktails were different to the normal classics which made a change, however the decor is dated and tired looking. Nothing like the photos! Bar is filled with people waiting to be seated at Heston's restaurant so not that easy to get a table if you want to catch up with friends over a drink or two. Service was slow to start with but picked up. Wouldn't bother going there again.. there are better places in Knightsbridge.

Visited January 2014