The Mandarin Bar at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
Ranked #150 of 1,290 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the fashionable Knightsbridge, Mandarin Bar has become one of London's most popular destination bars, the premier place to see and be seen, with stylish, late-licensed surroundings to accompany its ambient buzz. Contemporary in design, the long, marble-topped bar captures immediate attention. Designed as a catwalk that springs into the room from a glass wall and flanked on either side by high bar stools, the glass back-wall is lit in a warm red creating a backdrop of silhouetted images. Bespoke, handcrafted cocktail glasses resemble the models walking the runway as they sit on the bar, and the cocktails served are fashion themed.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I visited this bar at the beginning of May 2014.
The service was amazing! Staff are very attentive.
One of the servers came over and i explained that i was unsure of which cocktail i wanted as i wanted something fruity but the one that stood out to me was a non-alcoholic cocktail and i wanted alcohol! They then made up a whole new cocktail for me that was not on the menu based on my taste and what i wanted at that time. Fantastic service!
We then ordered a few more cocktails and were even brought over a cocktail to try on the house (maybe half the size of a normal one).
I would definitely return!!

3  Thank misscharleyb

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

A wonderful place, great atmosphere and many cocktails to consider. Very attentive staff who were good fun.The decor overall is very beautiful. Well worth considering also nice casino across the road!

2  Thank paulbe39
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I visited The Mandarin after a concert at the RHA. Finished off the evening beautfully.

The Mojito's and G & T are beautifully made and served. Expensive but it is Knightsbridge after all.

Definately worth a peek!!!

1  Thank TraceyTribe
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Came here with some friends for late night drinks. Ordered some champagne and a chicken club, bill came to about 90 something pounds.

The location is perfect: in the epicenter of Knightsbridge, perfect for winding down after a long day of work or walking around London. The crowd was mainly businessmen with clients, the music was soft and lounge-y.

The setting is really nice, think dim lights, shiny bar, low seating. Downstairs bathrooms are very spacious and extremely clean. Walking around the hotel itself is a treat.

Service is typical Mandarin Oriental: polite and top-notch.

Would definitely recommend this place for post-dinner drinks to anyone in the area. Will be coming here again for sure.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

During a sight seeing trip to London I thought I'd be a dare devil. I sauntered up to the Mandarin Oriental wearing my finest attire; jeans, padded jacket and white trainers. I thought I would get turned away but no, in I went. I asked the concierge to point me to the bar and he did. I went into the bar and asked for a Long Island Iced Tea. By far the best I have tasted with no afterburn or heart burn being brough on by it. I asked for the bill which came to a nice £16.50. Yes, £16.50 for one drink but what do you expect from a hotel in the middle of Knightsbridge with a Ferrari showroom pretty much directly opposite it.

Would I go again. Quite simply no. I found the bar decor to be very old and dingy. I have done it once, ticked the box and now it is time to try somewhere else.

1  Thank HRH-Garden