“Fabulous”

Hippodrome Casino
Ranked #162 of 1,655 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The UK's largest and most popular casino. No membership, walk in freely, open 24/7, 6 bars, Pokerstars cash poker deck, award-winning Heliot Steak House, cabaret theatre, 2 smoking terraces & 3 floors of gambling. Great fun for gamblers and people just out for a good time. Shows all the best American sports, including all NFL games. International Vegas style regulations. The Hippodrome is one of the most widely recognised entertainment landmarks in the capital. Originally a variety theatre and home to the world-renowned Talk Of The Town, it is now the most famous casino and entertainment venue in the country and recently won Best Casino Operator in Europe 2015. A £50m renovation reinstated many of the theatre's original Edwardian architectural features, creating a unique venue that combines four floors of world class casino gaming with live theatre, an award winning steak house, six bars and a two tier smoking terrace. Since its opening in July 2012 the Hippodrome has attracted 5 million visitors, a combination of dedicated and casual gamers, theatregoers, business and tourist audiences and those keen to view one of the most spectacular venues in London. It is testament to the success of the Hippodrome that it was the venue pop superstar Prince chose to play his final UK gig in his 2014 tour.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

An amazing place a real gem, Michele is the perfect host !Will come back again to watch the burlesque show

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Margot1906
Simon T, Owner at Hippodrome Casino, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Margot. You are right! The Hippodrome is a gem, a jewel in London's entertainment crown and I am delighted you enjoyed it. We look forward to you coming again. We have just started a male Burlesque as well so there is even more choice if you like Burlesque. Thank you.

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
England
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Saturday night in Leicester Square is not going to be quiet. This I understand... but my was it busy. We were downstairs in the (newish) Lola's which took a bit of getting used to but does work pretty well. All the staff we met were hugely helpful and friendly especially the bar and waiting staff who did a terrific job. One young dark-haired chap in particular did himself and the casino proud. thanks to him.

we played craps arriving at around 9pm and staggering out sometime around 1am with the table still mobbed. the entire time we were there the table was completely full and - at times - too busy. would love to see a second table available for the busiest nights.

dealers doing their best - made a couple of small errors but nothing substantial and quickly rectified. it must be extremely difficult to be totally accurate and control a mad table-full of craps players. not a job I fancy much.

all in all - pretty good: I'll be back when I'm next in town.

i'll cross my fingers for that 2nd craps table...

Visited June 2014
Simon T, Owner at Hippodrome Casino, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Dibble. Thanks for the lovely review. Saturday nights are great fun, though to be fair all nights are great at the Hippodrome and I know what you mean about the craps table being busy, but sometimes it is part of the Buzz. will definitely consider a 2nd table in due course though. Thank you also for the kind comments on my staff, they are a fabulous team.
Rochford, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Londons sparkly casino”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

As with pretty much all my casino visits, I go there for the card room, which in this case comes in the form of the sponsored Pokerstars Live, which like the rest of the casino, is very glossy and high end. But despite its affiliation with the vaunted big boy of internet poker and overall size of the casino, Pokerstars Live doesn't really offer much. It has less than 10 tables, only regularly offers stakes of £1/£2 and offers little in terms of daily tournaments compared to, for example, the Grosvenor Victoria. Although to balance this out somewhat, they do regularly host UKIPT Series events Every few months.

But if your looking for a £1/£2 cash game, the Hippodrome is definitely a shoe in for a gander.

Visited November 2013
Simon T, Owner at Hippodrome Casino, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Paul. Thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed the poker room, it has to have the best view of any poker room in the land. We also do deepstack games and £5/£10 and some dealer's choice games, so next time you come do ask for details.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgettable Evening!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Celebrated my mothers 44th Birthday inside this Casino. I have never seen such an enormous, unique and incredible casino. There was ongoing, impressive entertainment going on all around us. Different styles of atmospheres around the casino, the terrace is a much more chilled and jazzy environment and the ground floor is much more serious. Therefore, you can choose, depending on your mood and who you are with, where you prefer to play. We had dinner before at the steak house, inside the Casino, and I must say that I have not had such delicious meat at such a reasonable price in a very long time. Every person working seems to enjoy what they are doing and takes extremely good care of everyone. Now that I have been with my family, I am definitely coming back with my friends!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Daphné P
Simon T, Owner at Hippodrome Casino, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Daphne. Thank you for the lovely review. Delighted we made your mother's birthday one to remember. You are right about the Hippodrome, there are lots of fun things to do, a cornucopedia of options and all great fun. Thank yo also for complementing my team. They work incredibly hard and I am delighted to work with them.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Very glitzy”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited to watch the burlesque show, and it was amazing! Definitely worth a watch if possible. The casino itself was very glitzy and appeared quite high end. I thought the hair straighteners in the female toilets were an awesome touch!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Charli-Whitman
Simon T, Owner at Hippodrome Casino, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear CharliiCian. It is so lovely and heartwarming to receive great reviews. i have a fabulous team and a great building that I have spent a lot of time, money and emotional energy on, and when you receive a review like yours that is so positive and also picks up on one of many of our small details like the free GHD Hair Straighteners that is part of the design it is so rewarding as you can see people get the big picture and also appreciate the fine detail. Thank you