“Excellent”

Shaftesbury Hyde Park International
Ranked #298 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

In London for the first time alone!
Shaftesbury was perfect for me...the room was small perfect for me thankfully I packed light for my 6 night stay..otherwise there would have been a space issue with a above average suitcase i will opt for a deluxe single for my next visit...Shaftesbury was lovely...quaint ideally situated between Queensway and Bayswater tube station.....Neighborhood was grest active decent restaurants Whiteleys mall near by...Shaftesbury Staff pleasant and helpful....can't wait to return
small
perfect for

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a good review for Shaftesbury Hyde Park international. we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the quality of service you experianced met with your expectation.we too look forward to being able to welcome you back when your travels next bring you to London.

Mandar Dhage.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,640)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights while visiting London for the first time in October. The location was perfect, with 2 tube stations right down the street, plenty of stores, pharmacies, restaurants & a mall within 5mins walking distance. Hyde Park is right down the street so it is perfect for a morning or evening stroll. The room was small & had only 1 bureau for clothes but it was always clean & tidy. The bathroom was also small, but modern & efficient. The staff was friendly, helpful and sincere. The breakfast, which you have to pay extra for, was good but the variety was limited. But since the area around the hotel is full of places to eat, this was not an issue.
Overall our stay was very pleasant and we left feeling very happy & content. We would definitely stay there again & would recommend it for others to try.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. the team and i were happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and our central location. please accept my sincere apology regarding room size. this is an victorian style building where some of the rooms are compact than others.

In order to make things right I would like to make amends towards your past experience. As a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer complimentary upgrade to for your next vist to Shaftesbury Hyde Park International.

we look forward to welcoming you back to the Shaftesbury Hyde Park International in the near future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was worried because other reviewers said that they had been moved to other hotels at the last minute, so I wrote to the GM beforehand and she reassured me it would all be okay. It was.

As I arrived at about 8:00 am on a Sunday morning, I was soaked through by rain, and the first thing that the receptionist offered me was a towel because he "didn't want me to get a cold!" Great start, and then he offered me some lovely complementary chocolates that are permanently on the counter. 60 seconds and already feeling 100 times better. But the best was that it took him just a few more seconds to tell me that I could go to my room because it was ready. How could anything go wrong after that? Yes the room is tiny - as are all the other hotels I've stayed in in London. But it was beautifully decorated, and everything worked. I don't want to repeat all the other nice comments that people have made about the convenient location on a quiet road, but close enough to tube stations, convenience stores, (Tescos and Sainsburys,) and reasonably-priced restaurants and shops in Queensway within 2 minutes walk.

In a six-day four-night stay most things were perfect, and there was one small hiccup when my room wasn't cleaned one day until the evening, for which they apologised in a heartfelt manner. There was also a permanent soft whining noise coming from outside, which I discovered was from a nearby building site, and again, they apologised and offered to change my room if it was a problem. It wasn't.

Nice people, who take the time to chat, and do their best against difficult odds to make London nice.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor, and the sunsets through the trees outside were quite beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AkiJohannesburg

Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for taking time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. i was delighted that you enjoyed entire stay in Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. as i always do i have passed on your lovely words to my teamwho take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guest s only receive the best in service.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

stayed at this hotel for 1 night while in London. While it seems a bit out of the way from "Central" areas its only around the corner from an underground station with only a few minutes to get where you need to be when on it. The room itself was on the small side but was beautifully cleaned, with a modern bathroom and a mounted flat screen tv on the wall. The breakfast was delicious and had plenty of variety. I would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a good review for Shaftesbury Hyde Park international. we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the quality of service you experianced met with your expectation. . We feel proud about our premises is located in the heart of Bayswater, just minutes away from 2 central tube lines with onward connections to all favourit touristic attraction in London .we are delighted that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant. we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to london.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while in London. While it seems a bit out of the way from "Central" areas its only around the corner from an underground station with only a few minutes to get where you need to be when on it. It has many convienience stores and bars around also which is always handy. The room itself was on the small side but was beautifully cleaned, with a modern bathroom and a mounted flat screen tv on the wall. The breakfast was delicious and had plenty of variety. I would stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mandarshf, Manager at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. the team and i were happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and our central location. please accept my sincere apology regarding room size. this is an victorian style building where some of the rooms are compact then others.

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Location is ideal being on central tube line as well as another line. Rooms are very small. Found a smallcockroach in bathroom. Didn't put me off and there was no more during the stay . Staff really nice and helpful. Breakfast average. Overall would stay again

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for taking time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. i was delighted that you enjoyed entire stay in Shaftesbury Hyde Park International. as i always do i have passed on your lovely words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guest s only receive the best in service.

I would like to profusely apologies to you on behalf of The Shaftesbury Hyde Park International for the inconvenience caused to you that you found small cockroach in bathroom. We take all feedback from our guests very seriously and it provide motivation to work harder in achieving the set standards. it complained already escalated to head housekeeper and we did pest control in entire room with specialist.

We all team were glad that your special comment about central location. same time please accept my sincere apology regarding room size. this is an victorian style building where some of the rooms are compact then others.

please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance.

Kind Regards

Mandar Dhage.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We found this hotel very clean,staff very freindly and food very good,
it is very well located for all transport requirements ie: buses and tube transport,
the staff are very knowledgeable regarding London and places to visit,
we would certainly stay here again and highly recommend.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a good review for Shaftesbury Hyde Park international. we are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the quality of service you experianced met with your expectation. we are delighted that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant. we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to london.